Port Neches-Groves vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/PN-G wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AlwaysBf8thful" post="1090693" timestamp="1319284978"]
So, we should not use our time outs, not play our first string players, not bring our fans, not support our team or coach, not play Cherokee, and not schedule any 20-4A team for our Homecoming??

Would this even the playing field enough for some of you??

Some of you people are clearly bitter.  Seriously. Many of you would only be happy if PNG dismantled their sports programs.
[/quote]

No, I would only be happy if they disbanded their school, period.  And I have many people who went to many schools in the area who agree.  I even had a PNG graduate at my house last night agreeing that the people who go there are arrogant, obnoxious, and lack class.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1090838" timestamp="1319295157"]
and wow way to support your team by clearing the stands early....we had a long drive back...whats your excuse?
[/quote]
Great point! If you were so worried about your kids feeling disrespected, how do you think it made them feel when they looked up and half your fans had bailed on them with half a quarter left? Thats disrespectful. Do you leave a movie before the end? Do you walk out on a concert before the end? Do you exit stage left at a play before it's over? NO. Because it would be disrespectful. So why do it to 15, 16, 17 year olds who are playing for your entertainment?

This goes for you PNG fans as well! All fans of HS football for that matter.

Faicloth wants to be different. Let him be. He is not concerned what opposing fans think. I never quite understood taking a knee but would just because everyone else does. If you think that is a sign of resepect thats good enough for me. PN-G did take a knee at end of game to run out the clock and I agree if you don't want the second teamers to score then stop them. They sit around waiting for their turn let them have it.  Next week Mathews will show you its possible to take a knee, coach them up and still win.

[quote name="Scalpem06" post="1090846" timestamp="1319295495"]
How about when the lcm mascot tackled the indian spirit several years back that was really classy as well.  ;)
[/quote]

That was all in fun.  But, PNG has proven time and time again that they are incapable of having fun.

15, 16, 17, 18 years old...that is old enough to do what is RIGHT no matter what you are told to do.

People from PNG are the type of people who refuse to pull to the side of the road when an ambulance is trying to get through because they are much too important to be inconvenienced in any kind of way.

How about when the lcm mascot tackled the indian spirit several years back that was really classy as well.  ;)
[/quote]

Not classy at all but so funny. Sometimes its just worth it. We should have tackled him last night. We  were not having much luck tackling Bertrand.

[/quote]

Man, that was twenty years ago as I was at that game and I knew the guy that did it. It may not have been classy but I couldn't stop laughing.

I view taking a knee for injury as simple sportsmanship. While yes Faircloth likes to be different by using different methods and practices, and obviously is so, can you blame LC-M's fans for getting upset? I mean, I know I wasn't aware of the 'lifestyle' if you will that he practices by not taking knees. So in all fairness, nobody was at fault here.

[quote name="invictus" post="1090862" timestamp="1319296238"]
15, 16, 17, 18 years old...that is old enough to do what is RIGHT no matter what you are told to do. [/quote]

Do you expect the boys to disobey their coach? They are doing what they have been told to do, period. To do otherwise would be disrespectful to him.

[quote author=invictus link=topic=90223.msg1090862#msg1090862 date=1319296238]People from PNG are the type of people who refuse to pull to the side of the road when an ambulance is trying to get through because they are much too important to be inconvenienced in any kind of way.  [/quote]

This is getting ridiculous. If you really believe this or expect anyone else to, please check with our #79. When he's not at school or football practice, you'll find him at the Groves fire station as a volunteer firefighter. I'm pretty sure he can straighten this out for anyone who's confused.  ::)

[quote name="invictus" post="1090862" timestamp="1319296238"]
15, 16, 17, 18 years old...that is old enough to do what is RIGHT no matter what you are told to do.

[b]People from PNG are the type of people who refuse to pull to the side of the road when an ambulance is trying to get through because they are much too important to be inconvenienced in any kind of way.[/b][/quote]
Do you really want to get into the history of Vidor? Glass Houses buddy, Glass Houses.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090881" timestamp="1319297019"]
Can a LC-M fan or alumnus please tell me what is going on in North Orange? I can't believe the difference in the team. I know we lost a lot of talent from last year with Sonnier and Hunter Gonzales but all HS teams lose talent every year.

Thanks for the reply.
[/quote]Good question. We lost people in key positions and those guys had it in their heart, they grew salty over years of getting their rear ends handy to them every Friday night for reasons out of their control. Those guys did not have to be coached.  They pretty much carried the senior’s this year which where juniors last year on their shoulders. And the staff does not have the answer for it. But they will get that kneel down. Now which knee do you take right, left or both.

[quote name="Itiswhatitis" post="1090569" timestamp="1319260236"]
[quote author=Beargrowl link=topic=90223.msg1090546#msg1090546 date=1319259055]
[quote author=lu cards link=topic=90223.msg1090543#msg1090543 date=1319258923]
png hasnt taken a knee since faircloth got here and its not going to change.i think everyone in the district knows this by now.
[/quote]

Like I said, Classless!!
[/quote]

Beargrowl...watch a college football game on Saturday or an NFL game on Sunday...please tell me how many football players take a knee when someone is hurt. Do basketball players take a knee when someone is hurt? Do volleyball or baseball players take a knee when someone is hurt? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of! Maybe PNG has it right, and everyone else should stand up when someone is hurt. Let it go!
[/quote]

I think most teams, players and coaches take a knee when someone is seriously injured. I agree that just because a kid is down doesn't mean he is injured. More times than not they get back in the game. Sounds like PNG just kept preparing for the game. BC didn't take a knee when our running back was down last night and I didn't see that as disrespectful at all.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1090920" timestamp="1319298932"]
After reading the ridiculous posts on the tail end of this thread, it's clear we now have a new leader in the "WHINER" division.  Congrats Bear fans!!!
[/quote]

And the award for most obnoxious fan's goes to those few in PN-G that make post like the above. I still have video of your 88 team that was 0-10. Every program has it's up's and down's with some more than others but I can't wait for PN-G to be knocked out of the playoffs. Your run will be short lived. 

[quote name="badndn" post="1090936" timestamp="1319299563"]
WHAT BC DIDN'T TAKE A KNEE????
So it's not true as one Bear fan stated that PNG is the only HS that doesn't do this??? Once again FACTS!
[/quote]

I'm not sure of what their practices are but continuing to prepare for the game is smart. If a kid is seriously injured then I think most people would be silent and take a knee.

WOS had a tragic experience last year that was worthy of a knee being taken. Not only that, but prayers also. We couldn't have asked for more respect and support than we got.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090951" timestamp="1319300423"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=90223.msg1090920#msg1090920 date=1319298932]
After reading the ridiculous posts on the tail end of this thread, it's clear we now have a new leader in the "WHINER" division.  Congrats Bear fans!!!
[/quote]

And the award for most obnoxious fan's goes to those few in PN-G that make post like the above. I still have video of your 88 team that was 0-10. Every program has it's up's and down's with some more than others but [b]I can't wait for PN-G to be knocked out of the playoffs. Your run will be short lived. [/b] [/quote]

Dang!!! All of that because of a few guys talking trash or because you hate PNG?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin