High Island vs. Burkeville Game Thread/Burkeville wins!

WOSgrad

The shame is that Burkeville will prob make the playoffs with a record of 2-6. The UIL needs to do something to correct this problem. There are too many teams in 1a that are deserving to make the playoffs. I am sorry but a record of 2-6 should not be a playoff berth no matter how bad the district is. I understand that they did not choose the district...but to me, in my opinion, that is ridiculous.

[quote name="Howard" post="1083659" timestamp="1318657087"]
The shame is that Burkeville will prob make the playoffs with a record of 2-6. The UIL needs to do something to correct this problem. There are too many teams in 1a that are deserving to make the playoffs. I am sorry but a record of 2-6 should not be a playoff berth no matter how bad the district is. I understand that they did not choose the district...but to me, in my opinion, that is ridiculous.
[/quote]

Ok guy we get it. You don't like Burkeville, they suck, blah blah blah.......
I agree there are too many teams in 1A that go to the playoffs,  but until they change it what's one more week. 

ok Guy..I have no problem with Burkeville, they are not even on the radar to everyone. I just feel that there are going to be some teams around the area that wont go to the playoff that are a hell of a lot more deserving than the Mustangs who have gotten blown out of every game this year and beat a High Island team with barely enough players to field a team.

[quote name="Howard" post="1083783" timestamp="1318683829"]
ok Guy..I have no problem with Burkeville, they are not even on the radar to everyone. I just feel that there are going to be some teams around the area that wont go to the playoff that are a heck of a lot more deserving than the Mustangs who have gotten blown out of every game this year and beat a High Island team with barely enough players to field a team.
[/quote]

Until the UIL does anything it is what it is.  Burkeville cant do anything about it and in the end the best team still ends up at the top.  Theres three teams in the district so saying theres more teams deserving doesnt make any sense.  Maybe in another district or higher classification but thats why you play each team in your district.

[quote name="burkevillefb01" post="1084082" timestamp="1318703955"]
[quote author=Howard link=topic=89839.msg1083783#msg1083783 date=1318683829]
ok Guy..I have no problem with Burkeville, they are not even on the radar to everyone. I just feel that there are going to be some teams around the area that wont go to the playoff that are a heck of a lot more deserving than the Mustangs who have gotten blown out of every game this year and beat a High Island team with barely enough players to field a team.
[/quote]Dont know why your dogging Brukeville? Their going to make the playoffs for winning 2 games, But HighIsland can also make the playoff by only winning 1 GAME. With all the schools having to lay teachers off because lack of money, Why cant the do anything about this waste of money. Yout talking about two schools having to travel , feed the players, feeding the bands members ,for a game that will only being a warm up game for the second place teams.

Until the UIL does anything it is what it is.  Burkeville cant do anything about it and in the end the best team still ends up at the top.  Theres three teams in the district so saying theres more teams deserving doesnt make any sense.  Maybe in another district or higher classification but thats why you play each team in your district.
[/quote]Dont

Makes all the sense in the world to me. There are 1A teams around the state and the area who dont make the playoffs this year that would beat them by 50 points. What about that doesnt make sense? I blame the UIL not Burkeville ..and I predict that they lose their first round game by at least 40 points easily. You have your opinion..I have mine. Period. I just feel sorry for kids who are sitting at home while another team not 10 times as good gets destroyed in the 1st round.

[quote name="Howard" post="1084601" timestamp="1318729908"]
Makes all the sense in the world to me. There are 1A teams around the state and the area who dont make the playoffs this year that would beat them by 50 points. What about that doesnt make sense? I blame the UIL not Burkeville ..and I predict that they lose their first round game by at least 40 points easily. You have your opinion..I have mine. Period. I just feel sorry for kids who are sitting at home while another team not 10 times as good gets destroyed in the 1st round.
[/quote]
I know it happens every year in every classification, but theres nothing the UIL could do to fix it really. 

[quote name="Howard" post="1084601" timestamp="1318729908"]
[/quote]

You just act all bent out of shape about it. Burkeville can't do anything about it. Most years only one of the 1A teams in SETX goes past the 1st playoff game. There are only what 2 districts in SETX and they're in different divisions (not positive), so should we give one of the playoff spots to a more competitive area of the state?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1083611" timestamp="1318654085"]
Burkeville wins 26-16.

HI lost their starting center and a DT to knee injuries.  So that puts HI down to 13 players.
[/quote]

Hope he can come back quickly....hang tough, H-I, we support you!  8) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin