Central vs Nederland Predictions.

My score was low.

Dogs 24

Jags 10

Soulja, I have watched many Ned teams very closely. Some I have been satisfied with their consistent play, other not so much. This team here is showing lots of consistency, especially on defense. The offense keeps plugging away and is just about hitting on all cylinders.

If you have not seen this defense play, you are in for a treat. Then again, maybe not since you will be on the other side of the ball.  ;D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying our offense is prolific but what offense has the Nederland defense faced that was all that?  3 of the teams you'll faced (Barbers Hill,  Vidor,  Livingston)  basically ran the same offense that is physical with a very small percentage of passes.  I think GC-M runs a spread but they are nothing to write home about.  WO-S offense is simply not what it use to be as we can tell so far this season.  And PN-G is not what it was the last 2 years when the had the QB that went to Oregon.  The most prolific offense you'll play in the regular season will probably be Ozens.  So we'll see just how good it is this Friday...

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1080221" timestamp="1318375131"]
Not saying our offense is prolific but what offense has the Nederland defense faced that was all that?  3 of the teams you'll faced (Barbers Hill,  Vidor,  Livingston)  basically ran the same offense that is physical with a very small percentage of passes.  I think GC-M runs a spread but they are nothing to write home about.  WO-S offense is simply not what it use to be as we can tell so far this season.  And PN-G is not what it was the last 2 years when the had the QB that went to Oregon.  The most prolific offense you'll play in the regular season will probably be Ozens.  So we'll see just how good it is this Friday...
[/quote]Well we can only play the teams on our schedule, and we have beaten the top 3 offenses in our district. And I agree....we shall see friday!   

Big Ford if Ozen is the most prolific offense in 20-4a then Vidor shot that down last Sat. As i remember Livingston started the year as the best in district followed by PN-G and this Ned defense held both to season lows and Liv was scoring 40+points a game and scored 14. Both of these games were with starters out. Ned has a great team chemistry this year and execute excellent,each man doing his job. The best part is we are improving each week and have depth we have not had. As for our running game we don't have one workhorse we have 4 that all run well. Central is a tough team and will come to play, look at what they did to PN-G last year, but We ain't PN-G we are the Nederland Bulldogs. Oh yea DIDBA in the house.

Looks that way they have had some really great practices. Took a few days to get soreness from LIv out. They look fired up to keep proving that they have a good team. Central is the next step. Their new offense looks like fits the athletes they have. DIDBA will be in the house !!!!

Say what you want to try to discredit this Ned 'D'. i posted the following before the Livingston game, so these numbers may be a bit higher for a few teams and lower for a couple:

The Hill is averaging 34.5 points this year, except the Nederland game which held them to 10 pts in regulation (13 including OT). PNG averaging 35ppg. Scored 21 Vs. Ned (last score was with :03 remaining, so it wasn't relevant. Anyone who watched the game would concur). Vidor averages 29ppg (19 Vs. Ned). WOS averages 32ppg (20 Vs. Ned).
From what I hear, Livingston has a potent 'O', just not sure if they have seen a 'D' like Big Neds! Should be a great matchup and an exciting game. Hopefully it will be an injury free game. Seems to be way too
many this year.

Livingston was averaging over 44ppg going in to the Nederland game, and Ned held them to 14 pts.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1080221" timestamp="1318375131"]
[/quote]

[quote name="outanup" post="1080235" timestamp="1318376729"]
Hey Phunter, is everyone healthy this week?
[/quote][quote author=phunter308 link=topic=89540.msg1080239#msg1080239 date=1318377237]
Looks that way they have had some really great practices. Took a few days to get soreness from LIv out. They look fired up to keep proving that they have a good team. Central is the next step. Their new offense looks like fits the athletes they have. DIDBA will be in the house !!!!
[/quote]

Any word on Cole Ogreziak (sp??) our kicker and if he will be returning this Friday?

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1081061" timestamp="1318472884"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=89540.msg1080235#msg1080235 date=1318376729]
[/quote][quote author=phunter308 link=topic=89540.msg1080239#msg1080239 date=1318377237]
[/quote]

Any word on Cole Ogreziak (sp??) our kicker and if he will be returning this Friday?
[/quote]

Not sure. Jordan Wood was pretty good at the PAT last week, since thats the only field goals we'll be kicking Friday night.  ;) We're gonna beat the breaks off of Central. Our defense is too nasty.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1081479" timestamp="1318527882"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=89540.msg1081061#msg1081061 date=1318472884]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure. Jordan Wood was pretty good at the PAT last week, since thats the only field goals we'll be kicking Friday night.  ;) We're gonna beat the breaks off of Central. Our defense is too nasty.
[/quote]Very confident that have been beating their oponents by 1 scores.  That don't sond like 'beating the brakes' off of anyone.  Do you really belive those words that you've just typed?  Let me remind you, We're not Ozen.  You may have been beating their brakes off and have us mistaken for them.  We make a living sending stray mutts to the pound, year after year.  ;) ;D ;) ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1081494" timestamp="1318528694"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=89540.msg1081479#msg1081479 date=1318527882]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Very confident that have been beating their oponents by 1 scores.  That don't sond like 'beating the brakes' off of anyone.  Do you really belive those words that you've just typed?  Let me remind you, We're not Ozen.  You may have been beating their brakes off and have us mistaken for them.  We make a living sending stray mutts to the pound, year after year.  ;) ;D ;) ;D
[/quote]

All honesty, I keep hearing out of the two of y'all, Ozen has the better team. Now, I havnt gotten to see them play yet.

Most every every team we have beaten has come at us doing about 400 or more yards a game, and when we've gotten through with them it is usuall only about half or less, the fact is teams have not been able to do to us what they have been doing to everyone else and that is the defense I'm talking about.  The offense was changed in the off season and we are getting better each week. They come through when they have to. Some one a little while back asked where the JV and Freshman games will be played at Central, does anyone out there know???

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1081504" timestamp="1318529415"]
Most every every team we have beaten has come at us doing about 400 or more yards a game, and when we've gotten through with them it is usuall only about half or less, the fact is teams have not been able to do to us what they have been doing to everyone else and that is the defense I'm talking about.  The offense was changed in the off season and we are getting better each week. They come through when they have to. Some one a little while back asked where the JV and Freshman games will be played at Central, [b]does anyone out there know???[/b][/quote]If they are a home game from Central, it is played at Central's old stadium, Babe Zaharius Stadium.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1081494" timestamp="1318528694"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=89540.msg1081479#msg1081479 date=1318527882]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Alright, Soulja, I have been doing this every week for the last few, so I will continue this week, although it won't be as much fun since Central fans have not been laying out near the smack talk that Vidor, PNG, and Livingston did...the fans from those teams predicted beatdowns for the Dogs and I obliged them with "predictions" that agreed with them...I will do the same for you...Central 54, Nederland 0  ;D

[quote name="Razor" post="1081539" timestamp="1318531738"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89540.msg1081494#msg1081494 date=1318528694]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Alright, Soulja, I have been doing this every week for the last few, so I will continue this week, although it won't be as much fun since Central fans have not been laying out near the smack talk that Vidor, PNG, and Livingston did...the fans from those teams predicted beatdowns for the Dogs and I obliged them with "predictions" that agreed with them...I will do the same for you...Central 54, Nederland 0  ;D
[/quote]Man, whatever!  ;D ;D

[quote name="James Mosley" post="1082005" timestamp="1318587454"]
BMTSoulja1, Smell that?, that's crow gumbo coming to you after the game, compliments of Nederland's defense!!!!!!! See ya after the game. lol
[/quote]All I have to say, James, is another stroll in the park.  Another year, another game vs. the Bulldogs...  Another W.  We see a dog in the park.  We catch a dog, then we throw them in the pound.  Just you're regular days work.  ;D ;D ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder