Liberty vs Shepherd??????

SRP1

Shepherd come out every year no matter what their record is and gives Liberty a game. Not to take anything away from them, but from the excuses the Huffman fans gave, Huffman played bad and Shepherd isn't very good. If this is the case then if the Panthers come out like Huffman did expect the same type of result, but an even closer game considering Huffman beat Liberty and Shepherd always comes close or beats Liberty even in the years where Liberty beats Huffman. However, IMO Liberty will not come out soft, they will be ready to play and win big. Liberty no less than 40, Shepherd no more than 29.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1077437" timestamp="1318111392"]
Shepherd come out every year no matter what their record is and gives Liberty a game. Not to take anything away from them, but from the excuses the Huffman fans gave, Huffman played bad and Shepherd isn't very good. If this is the case then if the Panthers come out like Huffman did expect the same type of result, but an even closer game considering Huffman beat Liberty and Shepherd always comes close or beats Liberty even in the years where Liberty beats Huffman. However, IMO Liberty will not come out soft, they will be ready to play and win big. Liberty no less than 40, Shepherd no more than 29.
[/quote]

I don't know if anyone made excuses ::) they just explained what happened when someone asked. They came out flat it happens to every team just like it did to wos 22-12 over HF and silsbee 15-8 over OF. Huffman still had over 400 yards of offence and held shepherd to like 150 and negative yards in the second half.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1077450" timestamp="1318112818"]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89512.msg1077437#msg1077437 date=1318111392]
[/quote]

I don't know if anyone made excuses ::) they just explained what happened when someone asked. [b]They came out flat it happens to every team[/b] just like it did to wos 22-12 over HF and silsbee 15-8 over OF. Huffman still had over 400 yards of offence and held shepherd to like 150 and negative yards in the second half.
[/quote]

but when other teams "just explain" cough cough liberty.. then its excuses.. lol. just throwin that out there

[quote name="UTEPminer" post="1077534" timestamp="1318119016"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=89512.msg1077450#msg1077450 date=1318112818]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89512.msg1077437#msg1077437 date=1318111392]
[/quote]

I don't know if anyone made excuses ::) they just explained what happened when someone asked. [b]They came out flat it happens to every team[/b] just like it did to wos 22-12 over HF and silsbee 15-8 over OF. Huffman still had over 400 yards of offence and held shepherd to like 150 and negative yards in the second half.
[/quote]

but when other teams "just explain" cough cough liberty.. then its excuses.. lol. just throwin that out there
[/quote]

No some liberty fans blamed thier loss on turnovers and penalties and tried to make the game seem closer than it was. When in reality libery had 1 more turnover and less penalties. All we said was the boys were flat. No excuses they sucked in the first half period, but played 10 times better in the 2nd.

If the Huffman fans would realize that Liberty's secondary is terrible and they only rushed 3 guys so they match up terrible with a passing team, then they would quit writing Liberty off, (not that anyone cares). Liberty's run defense, centered around 300 pound tackle Omar Tebo is not very bad at all. This game should be a blow out if Liberty doesn't come out flat, regardless of whether or not Shepherd comes ready to play, if Liberty comes ready to play they're too much for Shepherd.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1078022" timestamp="1318169765"]
If the Huffman fans would realize that Liberty's secondary is terrible and they only rushed 3 guys so they match up terrible with a passing team, then they would quit writing Liberty off, (not that anyone cares). Liberty's run defense, centered around 300 pound tackle Omar Tebo is not very bad at all. This game should be a blow out if Liberty doesn't come out flat, regardless of whether or not Shepherd comes ready to play, if Liberty comes ready to play they're too much for Shepherd.
[/quote]

Now who is making excuses ::) BTW Huffman had over 100 rushing yards against liberty and only ran for more yards vs Tarkington, so I guess that run D isn't all that special.

Let's go shepherd!!!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1078026" timestamp="1318170554"]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89512.msg1078022#msg1078022 date=1318169765]
[/quote]

Now who is making excuses ::) BTW Huffman had over 100 rushing yards against liberty and only ran for more yards vs Tarkington, so I guess that run D isn't all that special.

Let's go shepherd!!!
[/quote]
Darion Gray was shut down throughout the game. He ran the ball 7 times in the last 2 minutes to pad his stats when the Panthers were already out of the game. You all said Tarkington would D Liberty up for a little bit and they didn't now just because Sheperd gave yall problems you think theyll give Liberty problems, they wont.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1079737" timestamp="1318337478"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=89512.msg1078026#msg1078026 date=1318170554]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89512.msg1078022#msg1078022 date=1318169765]
[/quote]

Let's go shepherd!!!
[/quote]
Darion Gray was shut down throughout the game. He ran the ball 7 times in the last 2 minutes to pad his stats when the Panthers were already out of the game. You all said Tarkington would D Liberty up for a little bit and they didn't now just because Sheperd gave yall problems you think theyll give Liberty problems, they wont.
[/quote]

First off the person (not me) who said they would D liberty up was joking lol. Second we had the second most rushing yards against liberty, it don't matter when they came.

Grey only had 7 carries the whole game for 50 yards I doubt all those carries came in the last two minutes.

I dont understand why Liberty fans keep bringing up Huffman. I know you and your "state championship caliber" offence were supposed to destroy us, but it didn't happen. Yall lost deal with it and move on.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1079731" timestamp="1318335830"]
Coach Jones seems to find a way to do more with less..shepherd may not win, but it'll be competitive.
[/quote]

I agree, I don't know how to feel about Jones but the kids at shepherd do play hard.  Liberty was my pick to play coldspring in the district championship but they already blew it against huffman, which has dissapointed me greatly. I think their is some bad blood between these two head coaches.  I might have to make this one to see how bad it gets between these two teams.  Never the less, good luck to shepherd because those kids deserve an upset victory!  Liberty should win but like the entire district thinks Deal will find a way to blow it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin