PNG Fans Leaving Game Early?

27 should come to more of our games.  A ton of our fans leave early E-V-E-R-Y game. You're just not paying attention my friend.  Some just go to say that they went.
With that being said,  we will still put more cheeks in the seats than most.  Some just decide to leave early...winning or losing.  That's just what they do.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KHS 89
I guess with the passion and large fan base following that PN-G has, it is inevitable that some choose to question why their fans leave early.

I think times have just changed over the years.  People are more connected to technology & mobile devices and have the ability to catch the end of the games on their phones or car radios.  I think traffic in this situation may have been a concern with some. And some may have just been flat out disgusted that we were about to lose two MCM games in a row.

You won.  You brought the better team to the contest and earned a hard fought win. Enjoy the braggin rights for the year.  I know a number of fellow PN-G supporters [i](not sure if they were the ones in question that left the game early last night)[/i] that want to see nothing more than a deep playoff run for both of our teams and more specifically would love to see you guys give Livingston a run for their money.

Trust me --  whether we left the game early or not...  we all know...  you won the game.  ;)

My father taught me a lesson I've never forgotten.  In all the lean years Vidor has had, we never left a game until all the time was off the clock.  He always said, if the boys are out there on the field, we will be in the stands.  A true fan does not quit on their team when they are winning big or loosing big.  A true fan will always stay till the end. 

27, why are so bitter. You constantly attack anything PNG. Do you have a life? Do you sleep at night drugfree? You dont think "big ned" has crazy football fans like PNG. Sounds like you are one of them. Are you  bitter because there arent as many crazy football fans in ned as in PNG. No pride in ned. BUMMER DUDE. Get used to it!!!

[quote name="plaball89" post="1071572" timestamp="1317521402"]
27, why are so bitter. You constantly attack anything PNG. Do you have a life? Do you sleep at night drugfree? You dont think "big ned" has crazy football fans like PNG. Sounds like you are one of them. Are you  bitter because there arent as many crazy football fans in ned as in PNG. No pride in ned. BUMMER DUDE. Get used to it!!!
[/quote]
huh? bitter? what do I have to be bitter about? Do I have a life and sleep drug free? I have a better life than most people and certainly dont need drugs to enjoy life lol. You sounds like you are the one that's bitter. I am not mad, angry, upset, or anything of the like. I asked a simple question that I felt like was a genuine question to ask since it created such a buzz last night. Again, if someone chooses to leave a game early be it a png fan, nederland fan, vidor fan, lcm fan, etc., then thats their personal choice and I am sure its for good reason. I am sorry that I dont go to more of your games PNG Proud, I can only handle you guys once a year. Hence, why I asked the question. I am not familiar with the happenings at png games, only from what png fans tell me. And plaball what do you mean by 'crazy football fans'? Also, I never said there was no pride in Nederland either. I didnt realize that asking a simple question would cause an uproar amongst the png 'faithful'. Again, take the purple blinders off. The reason I asked is because I have never seen png fans scatter like that during a game, especially at home. I go to the ned/png game every year and thats the first time I have seen it. Everyone in the stands (at least in my section) were shocked too. I completely understand that this happens at almost every game including nederland games. I asked because PNG always prides themselves on not being this way but it seemed like a different story last night. This shouldnt have turned into an attack thread. Just wanted some insight from someone calm and collective. Too soon?

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1071560" timestamp="1317520293"]
I think most Baytown fans have solved the "leaving  the game early" problem. They simply never show up to begin with.
[/quote]

some leave early , but PNG fans are some of the best  HS football fans in the world

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1071371" timestamp="1317508263"]
Dog fans are no different, 2 min left in the game against Vidor and half the fans were in the aisle heading for the gate. I'm sure when they got home and found out the Dogs won they couldn't believe it!
[/quote]

Thats not what they are implying. They are talking about how PNG brags on this site bout how great and loyal their fan base is, but they are like everybody elses fans.  Fans now days (every school included) are BUS jumpers. Only go if they are good and Winning!  If not winning they leave at Half!

Like a wise coach once told me people on base u on one thing and thats winning, it dont matter how u do it!

I almost always sit in the general admission seats and last night in that section and the 1st reserved section next to us the fans disappointed me  very much. they were way too quiet and uninvolved on critical downs. I felt like Ned fans won the fan battle last night. I believe Png fans are becoming more and more spoiled. I have tried to get the people around me to get up and  make noise, but it doesn't work too well. I've watched former players who just sit there and watch the game. I never played myself. I have wondered how much actually having played affects the way you view the game. I've always thought that players on the field want their fans to be loud, I try to do my part. But just like a Ned fan stated earlier you could have heard a pin drop several times during the game on our side. I know some people or more emotional than others and always will be, but I think PNG fans need to have there batteries recharged or something. I know there are PNG fans that will jump on me for this, but I call like I see it. I almost never leave early for 3 reasons - 1) never know what will happen <i.e cental/png 2 years ago> 2) Its disrespectful to the boys who have worked hard for a long time to give me a great time at a good price - if there would have been a game tonight I believe I would have gone 3) It gives your opponents internet         
material  >:(

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1071662" timestamp="1317534978"]
I almost always sit in the general admission seats and last night in that section and the 1st reserved section next to us the fans disappointed me  very much. they were way too quiet and uninvolved on critical downs. I felt like Ned fans won the fan battle last night. I believe Png fans are [b]becoming more and more spoiled[/b]. I have tried to get the people around me to get up and  make noise, but it doesn't work too well. I've watched former players who just sit there and watch the game. I never played myself. I have wondered how much actually having played affects the way you view the game. I've always thought that players on the field want their fans to be loud, I try to do my part. But just like a Ned fan stated earlier you could have heard a pin drop several times during the game on our side. I know some people or more emotional than others and always will be, but I think PNG fans need to have there batteries recharged or something. I know there are PNG fans that will jump on me for this, but I call like I see it. I almost never leave early for 3 reasons - 1) never know what will happen <i.e cental/png 2 years ago> 2) Its disrespectful to the boys who have worked hard for a long time to give me a great time at a good price - if there would have been a game tonight I believe I would have gone 3) It gives your opponents internet         
material  >:(
[/quote]
Reminds me of the DAYTON fans this year

[quote name="VHS1989" post="1071570" timestamp="1317521110"]
My father taught me a lesson I've never forgotten.  In all the lean years Vidor has had, we never left a game until all the time was off the clock.  He always said, if the boys are out there on the field, we will be in the stands.  A true fan does not quit on their team when they are winning big or loosing big.  A true fan will always stay till the end.
[/quote]

Very well said!  Couldn't have put it better myself....

I took this pic Friday at MCM from Nederland's side. If 3/4 of PNG fans left after the coin flip they would still have more fans than any school in the area. Most are    great dedicated followers, little nutty but that's ok.

[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/315489_2469033210758_1400164727_32932277_2087465034_n.jpg[/img]

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1072344" timestamp="1317607287"]
I took this pic Friday at MCM from Nederland's side. If 3/4 of PNG fans left after the coin flip they would still have more fans than any school in the area. Most are    great dedicated followers, little nutty but that's ok.

[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/315489_2469033210758_1400164727_32932277_2087465034_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I dont think anybody said anything to the contrary? The point of the thread was over half leaving early..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1072436" timestamp="1317620787"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=89160.msg1072344#msg1072344 date=1317607287]
I took this pic Friday at MCM from Nederland's side. If 3/4 of PNG fans left after the coin flip they would still have more fans than any school in the area. Most are    great dedicated followers, little nutty but that's ok.[/quote]

I dont think anybody said anything to the contrary? The point of the thread was over half leaving early..
[/quote]

Everyone is answering your question but you aren't getting the one you want. Taking everything into consideration the largest fanbase gathered in SE Texas on Friday nights is usually PNG, oftens time more than the home team they are facing. I agree, I typically don't leave until the players walk off the field. You want someone to trash PNG fans for disloyalty and it probably isn't going happen. They show up in mass to support there team, when those kids run on to the field they see thousands of fans cheering them. Hands down PNG holds the title in Fan support.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in.....At MCM I think alot of the fans that left early (at least all the ones sitting around me) were upset at the call on 4th down, and when we didn't make it, they heard the fat lady singing.  Another thing is with a fan base our size, we have alot of senior citizens that leave early every week, win or lose. And some of those fans are at the stadium whether its home or away at 5:00 pm.(or earlier)  Congrats to the bulldogs for their win friday night.  Neuman outcoached Faircloth for the second straight year.  Your boys were much better prepared than ours.  One thing I will say, I was really disappointed in the Nederland fans this year.  I can't remember the last high school game I went to where I could hear boos during our school song and very loud boos while our band was getting ready to take the field at halftime.  That's pretty classless.  You guys don't have to like us, but this game is ultimately about the kids.  Shame!

Funny how the team that wins is suddenly classless. I was in the stands and heard no boos except for the holding call that cost us a TD.

PNG fans are no different than anyone else's. If it appears that the game is over, they will leave. So do all other team's fans. Big deal.

[quote name="baddog" post="1072498" timestamp="1317645975"]
Funny how the team that wins is suddenly classless. I was in the stands and heard no boos except for the holding call that cost us a TD.

PNG fans are no different than anyone else's. If it appears that the game is over, they will leave. So do all other team's fans. Big deal.
[/quote]

No, it's not funny.  And had we won, I still would say that the Nederland fans acted classless.  And get it straight, I said the FANS, not the team.

I was setting on the 50, 11 rows up and I didn't hear any booing of your song or anything of that sort but it doesn't matter you will think what you want. Booing if it did happen never really hurt anyone, but kicking a player I was the head when he is on the ground well that's another story you guys probably don't want to talk about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin