Coldspring Vs Huffman

beastking18

Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman

• Coldspring
    • Huffman

KUDOS to a very good Cold Springs football team. You guys fly to the football on defense! Huffman had plenty of chances inside the red zone and CS D buckled down and made it very difficult. What a great game of defense. That Huffman D flies to the football as well. Good luck to CS and I hope you guys well! Also, good luck to my Huffman boys. You just went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the state!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huffman had their A game, we needed a good game. There defense was faster than coldspring thought and we was screaming will someone please block #17. Not the blowout I thought but I never seen so many penalties. Coldspring changed their offense and had several bad play selections in first half. They finally went back to the basics in the second half and was able to finish. Huffman is going to have a good play-off run. Good Luck.

[quote name="rockyandcash" post="1098561" timestamp="1319863811"]
Worst officiating I've ever seen in football, but that is why Coldspring is the champion. Champions overcome adversity!  Go Trojans.
[/quote]
What in the heck are you whining about? OMG the game is over..... hats off to CS. Always somebody crying about the officials! Cant stand crying a%% fans!

Guest Firstdown
That was the worse called game we have ever played and believe me we played alot games last year. Huffman showed very bad sportsmanship too. I can honestly say we beat the refs and Huffman to win that one. Way to go Trojans

[quote name="Firstdown" post="1098583" timestamp="1319864767"]
That was the worse called game we have ever played and believe me we played alot games last year. Huffman showed very bad sportsmanship too. I can honestly say we beat the refs and Huffman to win that one. Way to go Trojans
[/quote]

I guess the pro coldspring radio broadcast was watching a different game ::)

[quote name="Firstdown" post="1098583" timestamp="1319864767"]
[/quote]

MOVE ON MAN! You aint doin nothing but starting $hit! Move on! Aint nobody whining on the message board from Huffman. Next up playoffs!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1098308" timestamp="1319858297"]
Well what can you say, Huffman had thier chances in the redzone and couldn't convert. That is the problem you seem to have the spread, although coldspring's d was also a big contributor. Huffman's d played great I will have to check the stats but I believe both Gilbert and Monroe had under 100 yards and Gilbert had negative yards till the 2nd quarter. Not quite the game I predicted, but hardly the blowout others predicted.

Anyway good luck to coldspring moving forward. Bring on silsbee 8).
[/quote]

I believe gilbert had just over 120 yrds..... ;D ;D Scott for cs had more passing yrds then townly with 20 less attempts....what did coldspring throw the ball!!!!!!  ;)

[quote name="captredass" post="1098631" timestamp="1319866504"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=88996.msg1098308#msg1098308 date=1319858297]
Well what can you say, Huffman had thier chances in the redzone and couldn't convert. That is the problem you seem to have the spread, although coldspring's d was also a big contributor. Huffman's d played great I will have to check the stats but I believe both Gilbert and Monroe had under 100 yards and Gilbert had negative yards till the 2nd quarter. Not quite the game I predicted, but hardly the blowout others predicted.

[/quote]

I believe gilbert had just over 120 yrds..... ;D ;D Scott for cs had more passing yrds then townly with 20 less attempts....what did coldspring throw the ball!!!!!!  ;)
[/quote]

Well it depends in were u got the stats cause if you got them from the chronicle they are wrong(they have someone named reymondo as our QB, as well as multiple other errors) all I know is the coldspring broadcast said Gilbert had 38 yards as of the 3rd quarter.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1098638" timestamp="1319866856"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=88996.msg1098631#msg1098631 date=1319866504]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=88996.msg1098308#msg1098308 date=1319858297]

[/quote]

I seen the stats from coaches which they keep up with every game. He might of had 30 yrds in the 3rd but he did rush a lot more in the 4th

[/quote]

Well it depends in were u got the stats cause if you got them from the chronicle they are wrong(they have someone named reymondo as our QB) all I know is the coldspring broadcast said Gilbert had 38 yards in the 3rd quarter.
[/quote]

Kudos to Huffman D for a very well played game.  They are very good and very quick.  With that being said....the Trojan D is better.  And if the inept zebras had their glasses on or cleaned they would have called more holding/face mask penalties against Huffmans o-line/backfield when our D got close to the qb.  But I am not whining or crying because next Friday the Coldspring Trojans will be crowned district champs and Huffman will still be #2...again.

Great game by both teams.  The Huffman announcer needs to learn that #8 Colton Monroe is not #1 Sherman Gilbert.  I don't know how many times he attributed the run to Sherman Gilbert when it was in fact Colton Monroe carrying the ball.

Good job Huffman, you brought your A game and both teams needed that workout!

Congrats CS tonight the better team won but every point CS got they had to earn. I can say there was a few calls the refs missed on both sides and some I thank the fat a** ref just called to he didnt have to run. but either way the calls slowed the tempo of the game but did not effect the score. Huffman Played CS heads up and as last year it was a great game. Yes you won but for 4 weeks a 21 pages of thread I had to listen day after day on how cs would not just win but they would have 60 by the end of the second qtr and would score as much as they wanted well my friends that didn't happen,
Good luck to both teams now lets show the state how strong 22-3a is before they break it up next year.
and How in the h$ll did Huffman show bad sportsmenship I had dinner after the game with 2 fans from CS and they both had nothing bad to say about the way we played both teams hit hard and polad hard thats football get over it.

What a great game. I think both teams underestimated each other to a certain degree.  I agree that the lil fat f!%^£?r of a reff was out of control. I think if you can't run and keep up on the field of play then you shouldn't  be allowed to call games. There was alot of missed calls all night long and some very bad calls also. But both teams poured it all out tonight. I was surprised how Barbay was running the offense. A lil different than normal. But good thing we went back to  the old style late 3rd. Huffman you guys play a heck of a game and you have nothing to hang your heads about. You just held one of the best teams in  The state to their  less PTs all yr. I have never seen a team stack so many players in the box. But I guess you have to do that to stop a killer rushing attack. Once again great game !!

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1098654" timestamp="1319867677"]
How in the h$ll did Huffman show bad sportsmenship[/quote]

Well for one there were a couple of Huffman players who were pulling and squeezing on #8's (Monroe) junk...(Everyone around the ball the last time it happened apparently saw it but the official) The reason he got ejected with about 6 mins to go in the game is because he had 3 guys on him and someone was yanking and twisting his stuff and when he pushed them off he was flagged for "punching" when his hand made contact with one of the players helmets...Pretty hard to take a swing when your trying to get up off the ground from the bottom of the pile...The crotch grabbing happened several times earlier in the game and the officials were advised of it but apparently chose to not believe it and/or do nothing about it....

Yes I know lots of crazy stuff happens in the pile but some stuff is just not called for...That's one of them...It's bad sportmanship and dirty and I'd be saying it if I ever found out one of my own kids were doing it...No place for it...That being said the party who's being wronged (this case Monroe) still has to try to find a way not to make it look like they're retaliating so they don't get ejected...

Used to be unless an official actually saw a player rare back and actually take a full swing there wouldn't be an ejection but I've seen a couple players this year ejected simply for agressively pushing or shoving...There is a difference and I wish the officials wouldn't be so quick to give a kid the hook unless it's really warranted....A simple 15 yard penalty and a stern warning (that if it happens again they're gone) should be the call unless it's really egregious....

Overall, it was a well played game...Huffman couldn't get anything going in the passing game other than the short passes which rarely went for more than a few yards before being immediately tackled...I was once again (as I was last year) fairly impressed with Huffmans ability to sell out and stop the run game from producing big yardage plays....There were a couple of nice runs but for the most part Huffman did a really good job of making Coldspring earn every yard...

I was also really impressed with Coldspring's ability to not give up anything deep...The secondary played lights out...There were several times Townley had time to throw but simply had nowhere to go with the ball...The Dline also did what they're known for-creating havoc and getting after the QB

The game didn't play out exactly like I thought would...I thought Coldspring might give up a TD (or possibly 2) through the air & Coldspring would break several long TD runs with the run game and the score would be somewhere around 35-14....Final margin was close to what I thought it would be (around 20)

Was a great game to watch and a much needed test going into the season finale and then the playoffs...

Good luck to Huffman in the D1 playoffs...If they play like they did tonight they should have a good chance to make some noise...

MEM you have no clue what you are talking about. 

The sportmanship on both sides was great.  That is why after the game both teams were talking to each other and giving each other hugs.  Also, there is a mutual respect between both teams, and now they want to see each other go deep in the playoffs. 

Once again this was the game of the year in 22-3A.  Congrats to both teams, Coldspring was just better.

It was a great game and like I thought before the game, it was going to come down to what d make mistakes or wore down in the second half. The Officals sucked. Taso needs to get rid of that crew. The head offical didnt even signal a 1/4 of the peneltiesd that was in the game. Well fought game between both teams, and I am looking foward to watching Coldspring, Huffman, And CLEVELAND in the playoffs.. Good luck to all teams..
And good luck to Liberty in 7 on 7 this spring

Indian11 reply to "jnunn just to let you know Liberty didn't handle Cleveland"
You bet they didn't and I was proud of them but on the other hand I couldn't go away from my predictions of the outcome that I wrote before the season started. Of all the district forcast this was the only game that I missed but in defense of my research I will post what I put in the paper. Football is a great game and High Schoolf football in Texas is the best.
Before district play started:
Picked 4th in District  Cleveland Indians 886 Students Coach Clayton Maple
Maple starts 2nd year as head coach. 2010 record: 2-8 (2-4 district, 5th place) Returning Starters: 6 offenses, 7 defenses.
Outlook: [u][b]Juggled Cleveland and Liberty several times and if
I could get by I would call it a toss-up for the 3rd spot[/b][/u]. Players who need to step up to move the Indians into a play-off
birth this year. A seasoned QB Julius Buckley, a hard nose running 6-1, 195 lb RB Frank Harrell and speed merchant RB Jaboris Dickerson plus a wide receiver that is getting a reputation catching anything close WR Jacob Garner. Defensive players Kevin Strong, Terrance Vonner and Randall Richards may be the key to take the final step to the play-offs. Place kicker Pedro Fernandez is indeed a defensive player with his deep kickoffs.

Achilles heal: Has Coach Maple been there long enough to hold the line on
disciplined and personal fouls that have plagued the Indians in the past?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder