Coldspring Vs Huffman

beastking18

Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman

• Coldspring
    • Huffman

[quote name="MEM" post="1094268" timestamp="1319583002"]
If you go to maxpreps and look at the stats from last year you'll see that Coldspring was regularly putting up 40-50 pts a game...(40+ pts 2 times and 50+ pts 5 times)...In the playoffs they had 2 more 40+ pt games and another 50+ pt game)...It's not as if they just started scoring lots of points...
*edited for brevity*
[/quote]

This is a very well thought out post!  If I could add karma to you I would but I evidently haven't posted enough.

I've been to every single CS game for the last 3 years and I've watched this team mature to where they are right now.  It has been an incredible journey for the team and the town.

Out of all the teams I've watched (and it has only been teams CS has played) I've seen none who have the talent CS has.  The games seem really lopsided (because they are) but it is not due to CS running up the score.

It has been kind of interesting to watch the threads here where each team has their base fan base posting saying "CS just hasn't seen OUR team yet" then after it is done to see follow up posts saying "We weren't expecting that level of play."

CS has been absolutely blessed with an abundance of talent and the coaches are doing a very good job with the talent handed to them.  In a few years CS may very well be on the serious end of some ass kickings and some of the CS fans need to remember that.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be decided in the early fourth quarter.                                                                                                                                            I cant say that about the Liberty/ Cleveland game.Liberty could lead 21-0 in the first but Deel can find away to lose it or Cleveland could lead it 21-0 in the first and Deel could pull a rabbit out of his hat.I think Liberty should win it but not sure.
  Coldspring takes this over Huffman 38-28 in hard fought game,pray nobody gets hurt,would like to see both these teams go deep into the playoffs.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1094339" timestamp="1319590755"]
This game will be decided in the early fourth quarter.                                                                                                                                            I cant say that about the Liberty/ Cleveland game.Liberty could lead 21-0 in the first but Deel can find away to lose it or Cleveland could lead it 21-0 in the first and Deel could pull a rabbit out of his hat.I think Liberty should win it but not sure.
  Coldspring takes this over Huffman 38-28 in hard fought game,pray nobody gets hurt,would like to see both these teams go deep into the playoffs.
[/quote]
Jordan Jones pulled a rabbit out of his hat against Kelly. And against Huffman, you can't just blame Deel for turnovers and dropped passes, I do however believe he should have rushed more than 3 players at Townley all night.

[quote name="MEM" post="1094268" timestamp="1319583002"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=88996.msg1093690#msg1093690 date=1319550094]
If they didn't want to beat people by 60+ they wouldn't do it. This is my question how did this coldspring team get so much better than last year when they lost so much. Last year they were a great team, but this year it is like they are gods and thier backups can't help but score everytime, if that was true why didnt they beat everyone 67-0 last year? Average margin of victory this year 51.625 last year durring regular season 29.6 and that was a team that went to state. How are they so much better unless they run it up?
[/quote]

If you go to maxpreps and look at the stats from last year you'll see that Coldspring was regularly putting up 40-50 pts a game...(40+ pts 2 times and 50+ pts 5 times)...In the playoffs they had 2 more 40+ pt games and another 50+ pt game)...It's not as if they just started scoring lots of points...

Last year all most all of the carries went to Cummings and Gilbert...Tevin Bryant (who was Coldspring's leading rusher the prior year-before Cummings returned to Coldspring) got most of the remaining carries when the game got out of control...

Monroe only had about 15 carries for the year...8 of those came in the Crockett game when Gilbert was still out and Bryant had a bad ankle...He was a threat everytime he touched it last year and that's one of the reasons he didn't get many carries late in games...Coaches told him he wasn't going in much because they didn't want him scoring and/or getting hurt (he was the 2nd leading tackler last year from his SS position)....

Cooper was a sophomore last year and got a few carries but Giddens and Johnson were still on the freshmen team...They didn't get moved up until playoffs and they usually got the late game carries in the playoff blowouts...Giddens & Johnson are just simply very good...They both could be starters this year if not for Gilbert & Monroe...Cooper is also very good but probably lacks the breakaway speed of the other two...All three will make plenty of noise next year when they get most of the carries...

I'd say there are 2 main factors for the scores being the way they have been up to this point...First the teams played this year have not been as good starting with game one against Kirbyville...Secondly the defense looks to be better (especially front 7)....

I've been to every game this year and trust me when I say Coldspring could've scored into the 90's several times if they had of wanted...If you look at the combined carries of Gilbert and Monroe this year they're less than Gilbert and Cummings had last year...Coldspring has done anything but run up the score...Lineman have gotten carries this year...The game against Splendora they stopped putting anyone back to return punts with about 4 mins left in the 2nd qtr....Also in several games the clock has only stopped in the 2nd half for change of direction at the end of the 3rd qtr...

The games have been no contests but at some point the backs still need a few carries just to stay sharp and the backups need a few for experience...The real problem has been the other teams inability to stop simple running plays...It isn't Coldsprings fault...They can't take a knee the entire 2nd half...
[/quote]

I did look at the scores that is how I came up with the average margin of victory. I don't really belive coldspring runs up the score, that was more of a stir the pot comment  ;D. It is just hard for me to belive that this years team is so much better than last year, but I guess we will find out.

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1093907" timestamp="1319562505"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=88996.msg1093884#msg1093884 date=1319561719]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=88996.msg1093881#msg1093881 date=1319561517]
Rooting for our fabled long lost opponet Huffman.  I don't see it happening, but neither did WOS 4 or so years back.  Not that WOS is any Coldspring by any stretch of the imagination.
[/quote]

I believe the year we beat wos in the dome(04) they were ranked 2nd in the state. I could be wrong that was just what we were told ;D.
[/quote]

Dang, I am getting old and been bad mouthing WOS not nearly long enough...... ;D ;D ;D

How's Townley working out for yall?
[/quote]

Working out great  ;D we sure are glad he didn't fit yallls system. a lot of people around here think he has the potential to be better than Deberry in the future.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1094347" timestamp="1319591458"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=88996.msg1094339#msg1094339 date=1319590755]
[/quote]
Jordan Jones pulled a rabbit out of his hat against Kelly. And against Huffman, you can't just blame Deel for turnovers and dropped passes, I do however believe he should have rushed more than 3 players at Townley all night.
[/quote]

It wouldn't of made a difference anyway ;).

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1094358" timestamp="1319591929"]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=88996.msg1094347#msg1094347 date=1319591458]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=88996.msg1094339#msg1094339 date=1319590755]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It wouldn't of made a difference anyway ;).
[/quote]
Alright.

Good morning everyone, sorry I haven't been around to keep up with whats going on in Trojanland, but it is deer season and I feel it's my civic duty to thin out the whitetail population, that being said I think it's gonna be one heck of a game, Coldspring should win this game, no excuses not to, Huffman really has a good passing game, but I watched the Cleveland game last Friday and everytime cleveland got pressure on the QB he didn't handle it very well, he's not very fast and couldn't scramble at all, now I know Cleveland didn't spend all night camped out in Huffmans backfield but I'll bet you Coldspring will. Best of luck to both teams, there are bigger trophies still yet to win for both teams.

Don´t know about this game, but ......

I suspect that by now just about everyone knows that if you give Gilbert half a step, it is TD time.  From what I have seen, he has the speed of his brother.  I saw both play hs ball and and his brother, per OSU website (last year) is the fastest human at Oklahoma State (including the track team).  I am curious to see how highly recruited Sherman will become.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1095213" timestamp="1319665456"]

I suspect that by now just about everyone knows that if you give Gilbert half a step, it is TD time.  From what I have seen, he has the speed of his brother.  I saw both play hs ball and and his brother, per OSU website (last year) is the fastest human at Oklahoma State (including the track team).  I am curious to see how highly recruited Sherman will become.
[/quote]

Man J_Dog, you haven't flipped sides and dropped Jasper for Coldsprings have you?  I know they are closer to your house, but you are the Jasper sports encyclopedia. 

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1095343" timestamp="1319674711"]
what year did his brother play
[/quote]

Fairly sure he graduated 2 years ago & is a true sophomore at OSU...I think he'll be in the league...He should only get better at DB and his kick returning skills are already league worthy....NFL loves DB's that can play special teams and are great returners.....If he stays past his junior year it's conceivable he could tie or break the college record for return TD's...I think Welker (Texas Tech) is the holder with around 8 or so for a career (with maybe Perkins from OU either tied or a close 2nd)

I don't think Sherman is as fast as his brother, however, in pads with a football in his hands he is really fast...Coldspring has a couple of players really close to Sherman speed wise...Sherman just never seems to get caught (from behind even when players have the angle) and seems to score with ease once out in the open...Some players just have a knack for carrying the weight of their pads and he's definitely one of them...

[quote name="j_dog" post="1095213" timestamp="1319665456"]

[/quote]
His brother is 6ft 205 pounds, Sherman isn't. Surely one of the smaller Texas schools will serve as a home to him after high school, SFA, SHSU something like that?

His brother Justin was the Huntsville QB for 2 years when they were in Brenham's district.  Also ran kicks back there.  His speed was ridiculous.  Any time he got to open field, he was gone.  Beaumont Central shouldn't have, but did knock them out of the playoffs in the 2nd round his senior year.

Not going to say anything negative about Huffman i hope it is a good game. But quit saying CS runs up the score they have yet to play there first string the entire game game. The only other thing they could have done is kneel the ball the whole second half in all of those games, then what would u be saying about them.

A few things we can all agree on:
1) Huffman has not seen any kind of speed that is even close to Coldspring
2) Coldspring has not seen a passing attack as good as Huffmans
3) Both teams will come out playing as hard as they can and will leave it all on the field
4) Both teams are well coached and will be well prepared

What we cannot agree on:
is it going to be a blow out or a close game.

My prediction is one team will wake up Saturday morning being the district champs.

Good luck to both teams and represent 22-3a well in the playoffs.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1095726" timestamp="1319724387"]
Are they gonna play this game this year..? This thread has been here for a while now.... ;D
[/quote]

I know right, this thread will get over 20 pages before its all said and done. Funny thing is the guy who started the thread has like 2 post and hasn't posted since.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1095759" timestamp="1319726708"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=88996.msg1095726#msg1095726 date=1319724387]
Are they gonna play this game this year..? This thread has been here for a while now.... ;D
[/quote]

I know right, this thread will get over 20 pages before its all said and done. Funny thing is the guy who started the thread has like 2 post and hasn't posted since.
[/quote]

I think he realized he reall doesnt know whats up with the game other that the 2 teams are playing to be district champs...jmo

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami