SETX Coaching Salaries

McLovin

Has there been recent conversation on coaching salaries in Southeast Texas? Who are the highest paid? Who offers more to assistants? I assume this info is in a public record somewhere, so why not compile it? Also, any juicy rumors of coaches getting more than we're told? I believe this thread has real potential if it doesn't already exist.

If nothing else post what you've heard about the pay scale at local schools.

Coach Barbay really cleans up,his salary is mostly based on performance by his team, he gets 100 dollars per yard gained,50 dollars per TD,25 dollars per tackle, 10 dollars per interception, half the take from the concession stand and the gate, stock options and mutual funds, all which he gladly donates to the " I got that ass spanked by Coldspring relief fund" but he does have a lifetime job and the fan appreciation from most of San Jacinto County.

Heard from someone that should know that Bob Jones at Shepherd was making 85K...Sounded really high to me but they seemed sure about the figure...

Also heard Barbay at Coldspring is in the 60's but I don't know it to be the case for sure, however, it wouldn't surprise me since pretty much everyone at COCISD seems to be underpaid all the way up to the superintendent, who a few months ago declined a scheduled raise from the school board, and makes about 20K less a year than fellow 3A superintendents with similar school numbers student body wise...

Not every coach is worried about how much they make but on the same hand I'm sure they like to feel appreciated and rewarded for a job well done and usually the best way to show them is to stay out of their way (when warranted) and compensate them well...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1067317" timestamp="1317097934"]
I think Neumann is around 90k but he was making a lot less before being considered at La Marque a few years ago. I don't know Faircloth's but I'm sure its higher. I think I remember Daytons coach over 100k.
[/quote]
Faircloth started at $82K on his original 2 year deal. He does not make near what Neuman makes yet. At the time of the LaMarque proposal he (Neuman) was at 90K and the LM job offer was at 103K from what I recall, so I would bet he is close to 100K if not right at it. Allman at Westlake got $125K to leave Permian (his alma mater)!

I know all three BISD coaches make the same, in the 75K - 80K range. This could be a problem if Stump gets an offer he cant refuse, since a 20K raise would cost 60K to the BISD the way they scale. Not sure anyone would be real happy giving Washington and Nelson an extra 20K to keep Stump?

[quote name="badndn" post="1067368" timestamp="1317129384"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88876.msg1067317#msg1067317 date=1317097934]
I think Neumann is around 90k but he was making a lot less before being considered at La Marque a few years ago. I don't know Faircloth's but I'm sure its higher. I think I remember Daytons coach over 100k.
[/quote]
Faircloth started at $82K on his original 2 year deal. He does not make near what Neuman makes yet. At the time of the LaMarque proposal he (Neuman) was at 90K and the LM job offer was at 103K from what I recall, so I would bet he is close to 100K if not right at it. Allman at Westlake got $125K to leave Permian (his alma mater)!

I know all three BISD coaches make the same, in the 75K - 80K range. This could be a problem if Stump gets an offer he cant refuse, since a 20K raise would cost 60K to the BISD the way they scale. Not sure anyone would be real happy giving Washington and Nelson an extra 20K to keep Stump?
[/quote]

I don't have the exact figure in front of me but Neumann was at about 75k before the La Marque offer.. I don't think he ever really wanted to leave but used that offer as leverage. Don't blame him..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin