TWINE BOYS from Hemphill

wildcats35

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Don't know much about the rb but the QB yes he is the real deal. Rushing for 400+ against a good Buna defense says enough. I'd love to see him against a tougher defense like Silsbee or Newton.

Twine brothers....they are good. The older brother, the running back is pretty good. He would be a solid starter that would get his share of carries on any other football team and he would be pretty productive. His little brother Justin, the QB is rediculous good. As a sophomore, putting up the numbers he does and making it look so easy while he does it. Hes the real deal. If he keeps improving, which from what he does now its hard to see how he could possible get better, he will go play at any division 1 in the country. He doesnt throw the ball the best in the world but he makes up for it when he takes off running.

[quote name="HubTx" post="1066753" timestamp="1317061307"]
The boys are talented, but don't get carried away with saying he can play at any DI in the country.... He hasn't played the best teams so far....
[/quote]
but he's only a soph....he'll more than likely only get better the next 2 yrs and get bigger in size :o

I agree. Football is his 2nd sport and we see how he's doing! He hit 9 HR last year as a freshman. Could be a true five tool baseball player. He's got D1 talent in baseball right now in my opinion and will more than likely have the same in football by his senior year, barring injury. I'm going on and on about him and I attended his rival school, West Sabine!!!!!!!!LOL

Yes, theyre really good. No, I dont think either of them will have any opportunity to play at a D-1 school. Much less any one of them in the country. Hemphill doesnt play against D1 level talent and they wont advance far enough in the playoffs to see any of it. In baseball, soph Twine is great for his age. Does he D1 talent now?? Oh no. Nowhere close. He has a low 80's fastball and a breaking ball that is not very consistent from what i saw. But, i do believe he is one of the better shortstops in the area and definitly has the potential to develop into a d1 baseball player. But football, no. But no doubt he is great.

The twine kid definitely has the talent for D1 baseball, the kid clearly not only chunks the baseball mid 80's but he also lead the district with 9 homeruns as a freshman last year...im pretty sure he also shut woodville out as well 15-0 in baseball and gave central heights issues when they faced him on the mound and central heights has been a dominant baseball team for a few years now! The kid can play anywhere on the field...lol...and although he is a sophomore and cant be talked to by any schools yet they are able to show interest in the kid through the coach in which he has gotten interest playing with the houston banditos through the perfect game! This kid is a beast and a game changer in almost anything he competes in...there are players that have made it to D1 schools with less talent than this kid is at now at a sophomore level in baseball lets be honest! As for football the kid is about 190 lbs and has around a 4.3 to 4.4 forty and playing extremely well right now as far as that goes I can remember a kid named traylon shead who got a scholarship from Texas D1 and he went to a 1a...if you have the talent like that you will get an opportunity especially with the way he has been playing and hopefully continues that way but we will see!!!

Regardless of his Baseball or Football ability I wish both of them the best of luck,Lot of High School ball left to play,Injuries are always a concern.... If your from a small town it makes it even harder to get the recognition you deserve..But if your'e good enough the offers will come regardless of the size of the School...Good Luck to the Twine's and Hemphill...

Guest baseball25
guys stop the 5 tool player stuff in baseball!!! do yall even know what a 5 tool player is???? don't go google it real quick either. A 5 tool player is a bonds,arod,Gurrerro and etc thats what a 5 tool player is. These guys are good no doubt but be realistic!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="u_da_man" post="1068896" timestamp="1317314036"]
I would venture to say the the twine boys can start for any team at any level in the entire Sabine County.
[/quote]

Aren't they [b]already[/b] playing on the team that is the highest level "in the entire Sabine County" ? ;) :D

Yes, that is true. But 9 HR for a freshman is still pretty impressive, don't you think? And just because they don't play anybody down here doesn't mean he won't get some D1 looks. Hemphill had another player who attended LSU and played in the NFL for several years with the Bengals and Falcons. Know the guy personally whenever he comes in where I work we talk sports. He's currently a coach at LSU. So it can be done, but being from a small town does stack the deck against ANYONE, no matter how talented.

They're good in ONLY two sports that I know of.....I haven't seen them touch a basketball court. I haven't heard anything about track either. So, pick one of the two cause they are NOT all around athletes!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12