Vidor considers Nederland it's biggest rival

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone chooses an arch rivalry. They just happen.

Some people act like it is a couple of guys standing at a Redbox deciding what movie to take home on Friday night to kill some time. "Okay, I will taaaaaaaaaake.......... that one right there! That one will be my rival."

Nederland might be the biggest trophy in the case from the opinion of some Pirates and if so, great. That doesn't make it a rivalry game. When people on both sides start talking about next year's game on Saturday morning after one of them lost the night before.... then it will be a rivalry. I don't know if anyone in Nederland believes that Vidor is anything but another game on the schedule. It is just another district game that we want to win to get closer to the playoffs but nothing any more than beating any other team.... except PNG.

When PNG and Nederland went into separate districts a few years ago, the games still went on without a hitch at the same fevered pitch. If Vidor drops out of the district, I don't know if we will ever play again. Until that day that the fans from both teams say, "We've just got to get them on the schedule every year", it really isn't a rivalry game.

In my opinion.

It is obvious that this whole Vidor/Nederland rival nonsense seems to irritate most Ned. fans and I'm sure some of the Bulldog players have either read or heard some of the pretty heated talk about it. At first when I read the article quoting coach Mathews about the subject I have to admit I was a little puzzled as to why he would even give that interview in the first place, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense.....Mathews is a smart guy and he's not going to just spout off stuff to the media for no good reason.....what he did in that interview was imo genius because one of the finer attributes of coaching is getting in the opposing teams head and I think he took advantage of all this rivalry noise that has been going around to do just that, to bring and added distraction to the locker room in Nederland.
                                                                                      [b] Disclaimer[/b]
This post is my opinion only and may not reflect the views of Coach Mathews or his staff, and due to the subject matter this post may not be suitable for Nederland fans, reader discretion is advised.  ;D ;D

[quote name="VPirate" post="1061829" timestamp="1316607067"]
It is obvious that this whole Vidor/Nederland rival nonsense seems to irritate most Ned. fans and I'm sure some of the Bulldog players have either read or heard some of the pretty heated talk about it. At first when I read the article quoting coach Mathews about the subject I have to admit I was a little puzzled as to why he would even give that interview in the first place, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense.....Mathews is a smart guy and he's not going to just spout off stuff to the media for no good reason.....what he did in that interview was imo genius because one of the finer attributes of coaching is getting in the opposing teams head and I think he took advantage of all this rivalry noise that has been going around to do just that, to bring and added distraction to the locker room in Nederland.
                                                                                      [b] Disclaimer[/b]
This post is my opinion only and may not reflect the views of Coach Mathews or his staff, and due to the subject matter this post may not be suitable for Nederland fans, reader discretion is advised.  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Your [b]disclaimer [/b]is no good unless you have a degree in sports journalism..And 4000 hours of reporting... ;D ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1061894" timestamp="1316612556"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=88551.msg1061829#msg1061829 date=1316607067]
                                                                                      [b] Disclaimer[/b]
[/quote]

Your [b]disclaimer [/b]is no good unless you have a degree in sports journalism..And 4000 hours of reporting... ;D ;D
[/quote]

Kville I have a PHD....does that count?........which reminds me where did I put that dang [b]P[/b]ost [b]H[/b]ole [b]D[/b]igger  ;D

[quote name="VPirate" post="1061899" timestamp="1316613276"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=88551.msg1061894#msg1061894 date=1316612556]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=88551.msg1061829#msg1061829 date=1316607067]
                                                                                      [b] Disclaimer[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Kville I have a PHD....does that count?........which reminds me where did I put that dang [b]P[/b]ost [b]H[/b]ole [b]D[/b]igger  ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D Gotta remember that one..Good one....!!!

[quote name="navydawg31" post="1062018" timestamp="1316622549"]
defintion of villain means "bad guy" and "black hat". dont believe me look it up. And last time i saw a ned/vidor was in 09 before i got deployed and if i remember right vidor had black helmets and nederland had gold... so who exactly is the villain in this situation  ;)
[/quote]

09, was that the year vidor was supposed to come run up and down the field on our miserable defense?

[quote name="GrayDog" post="1062043" timestamp="1316624876"]
[quote author=navydawg31 link=topic=88551.msg1062018#msg1062018 date=1316622549]
defintion of villain means "bad guy" and "black hat". dont believe me look it up. And last time i saw a ned/vidor was in 09 before i got deployed and if i remember right vidor had black helmets and nederland had gold... so who exactly is the villain in this situation  ;)
[/quote]

09, was that the year vidor was supposed to come run up and down the field on our miserable defense?
[/quote]
You mean mud pool?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="GrayDog" post="1062043" timestamp="1316624876"]
[quote author=navydawg31 link=topic=88551.msg1062018#msg1062018 date=1316622549]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah. 09 was also the year of the mysterious "10 yards out of bounds TD catch" as well.  ::)  :o  ;D

[quote name="my.two.cents" post="1062050" timestamp="1316625397"]
[quote author=GrayDog link=topic=88551.msg1062043#msg1062043 date=1316624876]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah. 09 was also the year of the mysterious "10 yards out of bounds TD catch" as well.  ::)  :o  ;D
[/quote]

I'm curious to what the Pirettes excuse will be this year

2009 was the last time Vidor was on here talking so much trash because they were gonna win district with their 21 returning starters...they came to Nederland and lost...look, I like Vidor and will actually wish them well the rest of the season...they just seem to have a few posters on here this week who want to act like they are the class of the district and have been for years and, sorry, I ain't buying that one...have a track record of winning or consistently beating someone before you just continuously talk trash...dang when is Friday gonna get here?

Honestly i dont know why Nederland cares so much what Vidor. thinks if yall consider them just another game on the schedule then dont worry about it...but I am willing to bet this isnt just another game on the schedule because i think nederland probably wants to beat vidor pretty bad cause how persistant they are... I still say vidor wins this one.. everyone from nederland will not be logging in to setxsports cause they wont want to here what vidor has to say about this one..... either that or this comment will come back to bite me lol ;)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Razor" post="1062081" timestamp="1316628997"]
2009 was the last time Vidor was on here talking so much trash because they were gonna win district with their 21 returning starters...they came to Nederland and lost...look, I like Vidor and will actually wish them well the rest of the season...they just seem to have a few posters on here this week who want to act like they are the class of the district and have been for years and, sorry, I ain't buying that one...have a track record of winning or consistently beating someone before you just continuously talk trash...dang when is Friday gonna get here?
[/quote]
When did we say we were the class of the district? Or that we have been for years? All I have been saying this whole time is that Vidor is one of the top 4 if not top 3 teams in this district and were gonna prove it friday.

[quote name="my.two.cents" post="1062050" timestamp="1316625397"]
[quote author=GrayDog link=topic=88551.msg1062043#msg1062043 date=1316624876]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
And don't forget the mysterious flag on the sack at the end of the game--can't say ya'll didn't get at least one call!  LOL

And it was muddy!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1062164" timestamp="1316637844"]
Vidorians , Its crunch time you need to get off of this board .
Shouldnt you be working on your list of excuses ?
[/quote]
Same could be said to you. nedervillians  ::)  ;D

[quote name="faub10" post="1062180" timestamp="1316638897"]
The p-rat ship will sink Friday nite,,,,,sorry to bust your bubble butt veedor is not a rival to any team,,,,,,[color=red]who cares about the p-rats,,,,same story differant yr,,,will not make the playoffs,,,,,[/color][/quote]

I couldnt have said it better myself . Spot on !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder