Whats your opinion on the 7:00 PM start times?

bruno994

Do you like the change to 7:00 kickoffs?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the change to 7:00 kickoffs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

The times should be 7:30. This would allow time for folks who have to work on Fridays to get to the games before kickoff. Also, like it was mentioned, the smaller schools have to wait till the buses have completed there end of school runs in order to have buses for the bands and so forth. Some of those do not get back till 5:00 to 5:30.

I guess my problem behind the 7 pm start is that I really don't know what goal districts are trying to accomplish with this change and whether 30 minutes really achieves that goal.

On the other hand, I can see the tangible disadvantages of moving the games up and can see the difference that 30 minutes does make when it impairs student participation and to some extent parental attendance.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1057095" timestamp="1316040912"]
I hate the 7:00 kickoffs. Maybe cause I was in Smokepit, Texas aka West Texas heat. Sun goes down a little more if you start at 7:30
[/quote]
Agreed about sun in the visitors' eyes unless we're the home team. Ah but seriously, it's still hot at 7, and with Gore's climate change, it's going to get worse ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder