95 members have voted

1. 1. Newton at Silsbee

• Newton
    • Silsbee

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow tough one to call........ :-\  2 great programs...both teams playing good ball right now, it's a coin toss but I'm gonna go with Newton. No matter which way this one ends up,[b] it will be the game to watch[/b]. When these 2 teams meet up this season.....man that's what Friday night football is all about.

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1053879" timestamp="1315641924"]
Tigers looking a bit too strong lately for me to bet against them.  Silsbee by 17 points in a hard fought game against a talented Newton team.
[/quote]

I know it's hard to bet against either one of these teams.....Gonna be a great one though.

There are teams you like to play and those you hate to play. Silsbee belongs in the first group. They always play hard and fair. You cant ask anything more. One team will lose, but it will be a great game. And it will be played in a grea tstadium. Let's pray it's injury free, because these guys are going to be hitting each other. Good Luck.

I look for Newton to do some major damage in their run for state champs this year. and yes newton is a smaller school than Silsbee. And Silsbee has beat a few Schools bigger than us already. So yes It dosnt matter how big the school is if you have the team to do it. But in this case I think Silsbee has a good team as well. Its gona be a good game just as we watched last night With Silsbee on top by 3

[quote name="VPirate" post="1053880" timestamp="1315642061"]
[quote author=The_Hatch link=topic=88023.msg1053879#msg1053879 date=1315641924]
Tigers looking a bit too strong lately for me to bet against them.  Silsbee by 17 points in a hard fought game against a talented Newton team.
[/quote]

I know it's hard to bet against either one of these teams.....Gonna be a great one though.
[/quote]

Could not agree more. Sounds like both teams are legit. 17 point win?? Don't see that from either team. Coin flip.
Newton 30
Silsbee 28

Definitely going to watch this game Friday

Newton always has talent, tradition and they got the win last year against Silsbee so they are probably favored to win

But Silsbee has a good defense and has proven that they can make some explosive plays on offense 
A offense which was questionable and had a lot of people picking this Tiger team to be at least 2-1 so far and 3rd in district

Seems that the Tigers have turned some heads with the sophomore quarterback really stepping up, a batch of seasoned receivers that have speed, a talented running back and a healthy offensive line this Tiger team may have a shot at the #1 spot in district

Should be a great game and test for Silsbee

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1053972" timestamp="1315662181"]
Newton is a very good team but this is Silsbee's year to make some noise. Very tight game until 4th quarter when Silsbee's defense makes some big plays. I expect the score to be Silsbee 34 Newton 28. Go getem Tigers!
[/quote]
Gotta say you missed the mark on this one.  I think it will be a close game, but Newton's gotta be the pick.  Tigers played 2 teams that were inferior programs, and a Lumberton team that plays with a lot of heart and aggressiveness, but simply does not have the tools to win this year.  Hope Silsbee wins, bit I gotta give Newton the nod so far.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder