Barbers Hill vs. Nederland Game Thread/BH wins in OT!

WOSgrad

[quote name="bucketdad" post="1053669" timestamp="1315626031"]
[quote author=Mr. E link=topic=88012.msg1053664#msg1053664 date=1315625771]
It was a late hit, but I can assure you it wasn't intentional. Good victory for the eagles!
[/quote]

It was obviously intentional and classless.
[/quote]

That hit was NOT as late as y'all keep posting....watch the game video ... It was a competitive hard fought battle by both teams, the adrenaline rush takes over & the only thing on your mind is tackling the man with the ball .... Those who have played the sport know exactly what I'm talking about.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bald Eagle" post="1053876" timestamp="1315641497"]
That was an awesome game! The late hit was unfortunate and I hope the QB is ok. I saw him in the ambulance and he looked like he was going to be ok.

BH snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Recognize that our boys play hard! Give them the respect that they deserve.
[/quote]

Anybody have any info. or up dates on the condition of Nederland's QB??

No excuses....Defense kept both teams in this game, congrats to them....Referee's did a great job as well....When half time rolled around I was really surprised score was only 7-0 BH....Late hit on QB, which was penalized, seemed to throw him into the bench/concrete platform where his head slammed to the ground along with being on the BOTTOM of the so called meeting between both teams.....He was taken to hospital and later released, which is a good sign....Loved the way The Bulldogs rallied for their QB....Absolutely a GREAT Game, couldn't have asked for more..... ;)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1053990" timestamp="1315664008"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=88012.msg1053980#msg1053980 date=1315663188]
Great game-Congrads to BH and to[b] BH 89 who got married game day and went on honeymoon to a fb game[/b] ;D
[/quote]

Honey moon on the hill.........I wonder how they celebrated the BH win....... ;) ;)
P.S. He better keep that woman!!!

I'm sure he will keep her, heck even if they get divorced, she will always be his sister.lol

Laying all jokes aside, congrats to BH and hope the injured players are all ok.
[/quote]

one great heavyweight defensive game. the late hit on ned qb was unfortunate. i prefer to believe it wasn't an attempt to knock raines out of the game but only the safety in question knows the answer. all coaches teach players to play with emotion but also to play within themselves. no doubt the safety knew raines was out of bounds but in the heat of battle if you get a chance to put a lick on opponents qb many players take that opportunity. sometimes that carries over out of the field of play. as for an earlier post saying neds kicker lost the game that is just plain wrong. imo the kid should never have had to kick what is essentially an extra point from the right hash. that creates a bad angle with way too much room for error. you can bet the coach is kicking himself for not centering the ball in the middle of the field. another thing i question is letting the clock run to two seconds. i could see stopping it with ten seconds in case of a bad snap enabling a time out and another try. the offensive pass int. call in the end zone looked like a clean catch to me but i didn"t have the best angle.sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you. either way the game shouldn"t have gone to overtime. congrats to bh on the win. ned has nothing to be ashamed of either. by the way some of the center exchanges and fumbles were a result of defensive penetration. both teams are playoff caliber. look for them to only get better.

Great Defensive Football Game!  I was very impressed by the Ned D!  BH O hasn't been shutdown like that since 4th game last season by a very good Dayton D.  I have to agree with Pops on the missed FG late in the 4th.  That was a very tough kick from the right hash..IMO Ned should have kicked on 1st down from the 10 or 12 yd line and :12 on the clock...would have given the kicker a much better angle (running towards the middle of the field even better) and an opportunity to retry in the event of a bad snap/hold.  As for the OT...not sure I could have thrown a flag for O interference ...there is always contact in that situation, but I didn't have a good angle to see the whole play.  Glad to hear that Ned QB is OK!  The kid that replaced him was very impressive and Ned is very fortunate to be deep at the position.

[quote name="double deuce" post="1054124" timestamp="1315678176"]
coach pops,  the player called for the late hit is our linebacker. and i can assure you it was not intentional.
[/quote]

Didn't know you were a psychologist who could interpret that linebackers intentions a second before he plowed our qb into the bench..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1054136" timestamp="1315679917"]
[quote author=double deuce link=topic=88012.msg1054124#msg1054124 date=1315678176]
coach pops,  the player called for the late hit is our linebacker. and i can assure you it was not intentional.
[/quote]

Didn't know you were a psychologist who could interpret that linebackers intentions a second before he plowed our qb into the bench..
[/quote]

You don't have to read someone's mind if you've known the player since he was a toddler. #32 is just a hard nose player who was trying to make a play. Let it go.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1054169" timestamp="1315684722"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88012.msg1054136#msg1054136 date=1315679917]
[quote author=double deuce link=topic=88012.msg1054124#msg1054124 date=1315678176]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't have to read someone's mind if you've known the player since he was a toddler. #32 is just a hard nose player who was trying to make a play. Let it go.
[/quote]

The play was already made when Raines stepped out of bounds. What play was there to be made? There are plenty of hard nosed players on all levels but you don't see that happen every day. You see late hits now and then when the players is maybe one step out of bounds or something. And if you're gonna do that, why in the hell do it in front of 50 of his teammates. He's lucky he got out of there unhurt. But like I said, make excuses for the kid all you want, but there was no play to be made. It was a chance to take a cheap shot at the QB. Well he succeeded in that and got Raines out for the game and maybe several weeks. There's no place for players like that on the field. Be aggressive and hard nosed between the lines. Not on the track...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1054172" timestamp="1315685254"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=88012.msg1054169#msg1054169 date=1315684722]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88012.msg1054136#msg1054136 date=1315679917]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The play was already made when Raines stepped out of bounds. What play was there to be made? There are plenty of hard nosed players on all levels but you don't see that happen every day. You see late hits now and then when the players is maybe one step out of bounds or something. And if you're gonna do that, why in the heck do it in front of 50 of his teammates. He's lucky he got out of there unhurt. But like I said, make excuses for the kid all you want, but there was no play to be made. It was a chance to take a cheap shot at the QB. Well he succeeded in that and got Raines out for the game and maybe several weeks. There's no place for players like that on the field. Be aggressive and hard nosed between the lines. Not on the track...
[/quote]

I don't need to make excuses for anybody. That happens week in and week out in sports. No one coaches it or condones it from BH, it happens from time to time in this sport. You may be disappointed that the game didn't turn out like you predicted, but it was a great game.
I am done with this topic and on to the next one. Good luck next week NED.

Ill be the first to say we got outcoached and outplayed last night. It shouldn't have come down to the bogus OT penalty.. He shouldve been lined up in the middle of the field for the game winning kick. So no I'm not upset about that. I played football from about 6 years old until college. I know every emotion involved. I hit people on the field. I didn't have to take cheap shots several steps out of bounds.. I knew how to tackle on the field or use the sideline as an extra man.. I will never respect or make excuses for someone who tries to take another player out of the game on a cheap shot out of bounds from behind..

I.M.O. The punting game was won heavily by B.H. Hope our coaches can learn from it and use Carson in similar fashion during district play.I know he has a good leg.Talked to Carson's dad last night and this morning things sounded good and I wouldn't be shocked to see him play against Vidor.Tough Kid! Great job by B.H. If you love defense ,you wouldn't find a better high school football game.Sure was tough to lose this one but I guess know we know how W.O.S. feels! 

#32 and #40 for bh look like grown men. Nederland did not have anyone who would even think about going toe to toe with them. And he did it on yalls bench because he isn't scared he knew they r weak and scared and even with50 nederland football players on him NOTHING HAPPENED.... speaking of dirty you don't think its dirty when the whole team attavked #32? Let me guess they where sticking up for their teammate so it wasn't dirty? You people are so predictable

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder