Barbers Hill vs. Nederland Game Thread/BH wins in OT!

WOSgrad

[quote name="bigdog" post="1054755" timestamp="1315766606"]
[quote author=NHS1990 link=topic=88012.msg1053763#msg1053763 date=1315629197]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=88012.msg1053696#msg1053696 date=1315627146]
Well then maybe y'all should switch to flag football. People don't get hurt there. It's freaking football. Its a physical game that people get hurt in. You just need to learn to deal with it. And yalls backup QB did great tonight. He can lead y'all to playoffs easily.
[/quote]

'People don't get hurt there...' ( flag football). Obviously you have never played the game or you wouldn't say that! 8)
[/quote]
Very true.  I used to play with a bunch of guys I worked with and one guy broke his leg!  And it was a nasty break.  Anyway,  this was a  good game for Ned as far as facing a similar team and offense that we will face in two weeks. BH definetly has a tough D and it looks like Neds
defense held thier own as well.  Good luck to BH the rest of the season.
[/quote]

I played 'real football' from 8th grade to 12th, both offens and defense. Then played college football at SHSU. Never had a serious injury until I tore my ACL playing flag football (twice!).

Anyway,Very surprised to see Nederland only score 7 pts after gaining that many offensive yards.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigdog" post="1054809" timestamp="1315775139"]
As did I (through 12th grade).  The flag football injury was probably the nastiest that I have seen playing either one.  ( aside from Thiesman's injury of course)
[/quote]

Ewe! Don't remind me. That was by far the worst injury I've ever seen. Another graphic injury was a few was ago when Willis McGahee's knee got destroyed when Miami played Ohio State (think  that's who hey were playing?).

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1053928" timestamp="1315658100"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=88012.msg1053919#msg1053919 date=1315657046]
http://panews.com/sports/x803550365/Dogs-fall-to-Barbers-Hill-in-OT
[/quote]

I didn't realize that NED players were ejected. All the announcer called out was the BH player. Thanks for the link.

The PA News article states -"... [i]two Nederland players were ejected. No penalties were enforced for the scuffle except for the 15-yard personal foul for the late hit.[/i]

It was actually two players ejected, being one Nederland and one Barber's Hill.  Just another example of how the newspaper is not always "the Bible" when it comes to reporting.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder