Barbers Hill vs. Nederland Game Thread/BH wins in OT!

WOSgrad

Late hit? Yes cheap shot? Yes The reason why nederland lost the game? No
this is whats funny people talk a bunch of mess and when they lose they make up excuses. It was one play how does that dictate a team having bad sportsmanship? It was In the heat of the moment both teams played a hard fought game. Now quit making excuses for the loss and take it. Don't blame it on one play they had a chance to win it with a field goal and didn't do it.  It was a cheap shot but that didn't lose the game for you

Excused excuses excuses..... some people just can't except the fact that they lost to bh!!!!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game and although BH did everything they could do to lose this game they somehow won!!!! ;D By far the worst game for BH for the season. If they play like this against Dayton we will get our butts handed to us!!! Can't wait to see the stats I think the QB fumbled the snap at least 5 times tonight and the backs dropped the rock 3-4 times!! Thank God we have a good D becaus they bailed the O out all night. a win is a win ,but this one was ugly. Refs made some bad calls tonight on both sides, they were pitiful! Good game Ned we both have the week off to get ready for district! Good luck in 20-4A you guys will be in the hunt!

[quote name="cougarshow33" post="1053728" timestamp="1315628182"]
this is whats funny people talk a bunch of mess and when they lose they make up excuses. It was one play how does that dictate a team having bad sportsmanship? It was In the heat of the moment both teams played a hard fought game. Now quit making excuses for the loss and take it. Don't blame it on one play they had a chance to win it with a field goal and didn't do it.  It was a cheap shot but that didn't lose the game for you

Excused excuses excuses..... some people just can't except the fact that they lost to bh!!!!!!
[/quote]

When you knock out someones starting QB intentionally, that has an effect on the game. We lost the game when our receiver caught the ball fair and square in the end zone and miraculously somehow committed pass interference. But its no excuse.. I could care less about losing the game.. I'm way more concerned about our QB and his health after such a cheap blow by BH..

As a non bias fan attending the game.....It was an exciting game and two good defense's and two offense's that just need to clean up there mistakes.....I was trying to figure why barbers hill was getting cute.....I felt like they ran the ball on the toss sweep it was open all night......bh's receviers and back are some blocking fools......As for the late hit no question it was a late hit....I'm not sure I'm ready to name it classless or anything like that.....what I didn't like to see was how both teams reacted to it as well as some of the nederland coaches......I do understand he was hurt but it is also another 16-18 year old kid making a mistake and he was penalized for the hit.  The one thing that just gets me is the field goal try to win the game.  WHY put the ball on the right hash instead of the middle of the field....maybe thats where the coach wanted it and something happen im not sure but that caused nederland to lose the game int he end.....the offensive pass interference call was the right call before the ball was thrown the receiver went and made contact with the corner and pushed him to the outside......I thought it was great for nederland's kicker to come back and hit that kick......and on the final note could someone tell bh to work on the center qb exchange good lord......2 good teams that should make some noise....i think nederland will contend with livingston for top spot int here district and bh will come in 2nd they cant beat daytown sorry hill fans

[quote name="Mr. E" post="1053664" timestamp="1315625771"]
It was a late hit, but I can assure you it wasn't intentional. Good victory for the eagles!
[/quote]

One cannot assure any emotions of someone else when they are playing in a football game. Things happen out there which don't happen anywhere else. That's why football is called a 'WAR'!

Late hits happen if a kid did it, then he should be penalized if the intention was deemed to hurt someone then the player should be ejected.

Was he? If not the officials saw it as a late hit without intention to hurt.

This is why its a 15 yard penalty, 100x it happens no one gets hurt and 15 yards are awarded, this time someone got hurt.

[quote name="bhringo" post="1053696" timestamp="1315627146"]
Well then maybe y'all should switch to flag football. People don't get hurt there. It's freaking football. Its a physical game that people get hurt in. You just need to learn to deal with it. And yalls backup QB did great tonight. He can lead y'all to playoffs easily.
[/quote]

'People don't get hurt there...' ( flag football). Obviously you have never played the game or you wouldn't say that! 8)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1053755" timestamp="1315628995"]
Late hits happen if a kid did it, then he should be penalized if the intention was deemed to hurt someone then the player should be ejected.

Was he? If not the officials saw it as a late hit without intention to hurt.

This is why its a 15 yard penalty, 100x it happens no one gets hurt and 15 yards are awarded, this time someone got hurt.
[/quote]
He was not ejected, but another BH player was in the what happened after the play! Ned I hope Raines is ok!Does anyone know his condition?

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1053730" timestamp="1315628259"]
Just back from the game and although BH did everything they could do to lose this game they somehow won!!!! ;D By far the worst game for BH for the season. If they play like this against Dayton we will get our butts handed to us!!! Can't wait to see the stats I think the QB fumbled the snap at least 5 times tonight and the backs dropped the rock 3-4 times!! Thank God we have a good D becaus they bailed the O out all night. a win is a win ,but this one was ugly. Refs made some bad calls tonight on both sides, they were pitiful! Good game Ned we both have the week off to get ready for district! Good luck in 20-4A you guys will be in the hunt!
[/quote]

Thank you for being so Honest BH Fan and not drinking the Blue kool aid. Very disapointed in the Eagles and the late hit. One because it was a late hit and two because you never do that on the road on the home teams sideline and don't expect to get your butt whipped. Very disapointing EAGLES hang your heads in shame. As for the fumbles it looked like an advertisment for KY jelly out there. The refs were terrible but managed to screw ned in the end so as BH Fan sez the Eagles done everything possible to lose and still won. If they play like they did tonight against Dayton well it will be UGLY!!!!!! :-\

Late hit absolutely! Classless hell no! That sometimes happens in a hard fought close battle, it's called emotion and adrenalin! Both teams left everything on the field. The dogs kicker did not lose the game, he more than made up for it with a 44 yarder that would have been good from 54+. There were tough calls on both sides. BH just made one more big play than  Big Ned tonight. I hope your QB is okay. Good luck in district and the rest of the year. Congrats Eagles!

Just got home from the game. BH defense kept us in the game. Your kicker missed a close one with 2 seconds left or we would be the sad ones tonight. I thought the call was a good one by the ref in ot. The receiver pushed off the corner to get seperation before the ball arrived. I am just very suprised the ref made that call in bulldog stadium in that situation. I thought the BH receivers were mugged all night by the Ned secondary and couldn't buy a flag. In any event BH won because #8 swept around the left end behind great blocking by #20 and dove into the corner of the endzone for 6. That play worked both times we ran it. The offense struggled more than I expected, especiall with the fumbles. Our defense did an outstanding job. Ned is a lot tougher than I expected. I think you will do well in district. I will pray for Raines to recover. I was also impressed with the running of Edwin Nelson. Hope y'all win the rest of your games.

There were some bad calls in this game, but had our guy (#22) not hit the QB late, which is was obviously late, Nederland may not have scored.  BH did everything they could to lose this game.  Lots of hard hitting in this one.  Nederland running back is fast, so I am sure glad we never let him get outside the linebackers.  BH defense has to be tired after this one.  Nederland's defense played a good game.  Anyway, great ending.  Still cant's believe that kid stepped up and hit a 44 yard field goal in OT.  Shame he has to lose after missing the short FG earlier.  Wins a win, even though it was ugly on our part.  Way too many mistakes at the wrong time.   

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1053740" timestamp="1315628514"]
[quote author=cougarshow33 link=topic=88012.msg1053728#msg1053728 date=1315628182]

[/quote]

When you knock out someones starting QB intentionally, that has an effect on the game. We lost the game when our receiver caught the ball fair and square in the end zone and miraculously somehow committed pass interference. But its no excuse.. I could care less about losing the game.. I'm way more concerned about our QB and his health after such a cheap blow by BH..
[/quote]

Get over yourself. I'm sure Nederland has their fair share of cheap shots... in fact i know they do. Merka got pushed directly at a bleacher last year... Where were you then? Crosby fans didn't get on here saying YOU meant to hurt him! darn you. We recognized a kid got a little to juiced and hit our guy out of bounds. Sheesh learn some respect. Claiming BH is classless for a single hit? that's very irresponsible, and unwarranted.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1053684" timestamp="1315626708"]
It was 3 yards out of bounds! Obviously it was intentional! Sorry to BH fans if I seem a little cold but we've lost our starting QB early each season for several years now. It gets old. Especially on such a cheap, classless, plowing into the bench several yards out of bounds!
[/quote]

He definitely wasn't 3 yards out of bounds....and if you disagree just ask for the game film.....he was one full step out of bounds, not 3 yards.  Was it dumb....yeah and its a shame that the kid got hurt.  Definitely WAS NOT classless though....#32 has played full speed and with reckless abandon since he was 7 yrs old.  Tonight it got him a 15 yard penalty, a huge momentum swing in the game and a starting safety ejected for the melee afterwards.  If the refs would've thought it was classless and with the intention to knock him into a bench they would've ejected him.

Regardless, it was a HARD fought game by two very physical teams.  I was impressed with Nederland's defense and running back.  #25 on D also made a quite a few solid plays.  I hate that the late hit put a negative spin on the game but it was a GREAT game regardless of who you were rooting for.  That is was Texas High School football is all about.  I'll be hoarse for a week now and probably shaved 3 years off of my life from the crazy finish.

I know a few folks have said it but I was puzzled as to why Nederland didn't place the ball in the middle of the field when it was only 3rd down and with time outs left. Yall's kicker has a BIG leg though....geez he banged the OT FG in with 15+ yards to spare. 

BH definitely digressed on offense.  Taking a snap from the center seems so simple....but tonight that was not the case.  On the bright side BH RBs looked solid and I absolutely love the way #20 runs the ball.  Always able to square his shoulders getting downhill and always falls forward.

BH defense played their butt's off and made some big plays when they had too.  I am more and more impressed with the LB corp every week.  Every single one of them #32/#33/#40/#28 played an excellent game and brought the hat.  It's been a while since I've seen a group of LBs this talented at BH.  One thing that did bother me on D tonight was the cushions that we were giving them on short yardage situations at CB.  At least 3 times we were playing 8-10 yds off the ball when it was 3 yds or less for the first down. Very puzzling to me.

All in all....Nederland is a very good football team and will make a lot of noise this year.  If they stay healthy Livingston better be ready for a war.  BH still has A LOT of work to do over the bi-week before they go toe to toe with Dayton.  Good luck to the Dogs from here on out.  Very sorry to see the QB get hurt, wishing him a fast recovery. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder