Barbers Hill vs. Nederland Game Thread/BH wins in OT!

WOSgrad

[quote name="cougarshow33" post="1054215" timestamp="1315689919"]
#32 and #40 for bh look like grown men. Nederland did not have anyone who would even think about going toe to toe with them. And he did it on yalls bench because he isn't scared he knew they r weak and scared and even with50 nederland football players on him NOTHING HAPPENED.... speaking of dirty you don't think its dirty when the whole team attavked #32? Let me guess they where sticking up for their teammate so it wasn't dirty? You people are so predictable
[/quote]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougarshow33" post="1054225" timestamp="1315690904"]
Don't say he is lucky to get out of there hurt. Y'all had the chance and didn't do it so try and act like nederland would have done something
[/quote]

What are you on this thread for, your team got there clock cleaned last night. ......CLOWN

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1054238" timestamp="1315691763"]
[quote author=cougarshow33 link=topic=88012.msg1054225#msg1054225 date=1315690904]
Don't say he is lucky to get out of there hurt. Y'all had the chance and didn't do it so try and act like nederland would have done something
[/quote]

What are you on this thread for, your team got there clock cleaned last night. ......CLOWN
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

GoDogs27....this is a direct quote from YOU in the thread leading up to the game:

"Whoever said WOS sucks and always has should just delete their profile and move on to something else. All that does is flaunt ignorance. [b]If Nederland only puts up 14 against BH then I will move on to something else. NO WAY BH has the caliber of defense as WOS.. Again I say.. 38 points"[/b]"

In regards to the late hit by #32.  I saw the play live, saw the replay, saw it on film and then read YALL'S local newspaper article on the game.  Ned's QB was ONE STEP out of bounds (even says it in the paper)...#32 was coming full speed.  It was a late hit, it was a personal foul and it cost us 15 yards and a starting safety.  Not only that but it helped lead to yall's only TD drive.  I am in NO WAY trying to take anything away from Nederland's players or coaches.  They played their hearts out and kept trading hits in the mouth all night. But you have to get off of this as being a "classless" or "intentional" cheap shot to take out a QB. It's absolutely ridiculous.  Please take your own advice and move on to something else.  The Dog's defense stuffed us pretty much all night and held us to only 2 TDs.  The Eagle's returned the favor and held the Dog's below your "38" AND "14" predicted points output. So move on to something else and yall go handle business with Vidor next week.

I wouldn't have even responded to this if you would've said "Yall should've won" or "It was terrible officiating" but you are attacking the character of a quality young man that doesn't deserve it.  He's a "yes sir, no sir" type of kid and you are flat wrong. 

Good luck with Vidor next week...yall should come out on top.  I'm done with this topic and you should be too.

[quote name="outanup" post="1054280" timestamp="1315694420"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=88012.msg1054238#msg1054238 date=1315691763]
[quote author=cougarshow33 link=topic=88012.msg1054225#msg1054225 date=1315690904]

By team won last time smart one. Nice try we are the ones who cleaned house last night. CLOWN!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Ok I gave the BH defense all the credit in the world. Two points though before you make yourself sound more ignorant. One, as far as I'm concerned, we put up 14. But the blue and white zebra somehow said our guy pushed off.. That's kinda hard to do when you're making a diving touchdown catch. It shouldve been defensive p.o. since the defender cut off the receivers route. Anybody with a lick of sense about football can look at that play and know it. I also said what I said assuming BH had players with class who didn't take cheap shots after the play. I was wrong for assuming that. We lost our starter.. If we hadn't, we may have put up more points..

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1054298" timestamp="1315696230"]
GoDogs27....this is a direct quote from YOU in the thread leading up to the game:

"Whoever said WOS sucks and always has should just delete their profile and move on to something else. All that does is flaunt ignorance. [b]If Nederland only puts up 14 against BH then I will move on to something else. NO WAY BH has the caliber of defense as WOS.. Again I say.. 38 points"[/b]"

In regards to the late hit by #32.  I saw the play live, saw the replay, saw it on film and then read YALL'S local newspaper article on the game.  Ned's QB was ONE STEP out of bounds (even says it in the paper)...#32 was coming full speed.  It was a late hit, it was a personal foul and it cost us 15 yards and a starting safety.  Not only that but it helped lead to yall's only TD drive.  I am in NO WAY trying to take anything away from Nederland's players or coaches.  They played their hearts out and kept trading hits in the mouth all night. But you have to get off of this as being a "classless" or "intentional" cheap shot to take out a QB. It's absolutely ridiculous.  Please take your own advice and move on to something else.  The Dog's defense stuffed us pretty much all night and held us to only 2 TDs.  The Eagle's returned the favor and held the Dog's below your "38" AND "14" predicted points output. So move on to something else and yall go handle business with Vidor next week.

I wouldn't have even responded to this if you would've said "Yall should've won" or "It was terrible officiating" but you are attacking the character of a quality young man that doesn't deserve it.  He's a "yes sir, no sir" type of kid and you are flat wrong. 

Good luck with Vidor next week...yall should come out on top.  I'm done with this topic and you should be too.
[/quote]

Mr. Blitz if you believe everything you read in the paper then you will lead a rough life. I have been to that stadium since the '60s and there is no way that bench is anywhere close to a foot out of bounds! Unless you were sitting on the Nederland side then it would have been real tough for you to see the play because there were to many players in the way. As far as the video goes they don't tell all the facts because they are never at the right angle! Last but not least, how would you feel if it were your QB? I am sure you guys would be throwing a party for the opposing team right! And you are correct in one thing, it's over and you can't go back and change anything, if the officiating is bad don't use that group again and move on!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1054322" timestamp="1315698821"]

Ok I gave the BH defense all the credit in the world. Two points though before you make yourself sound more ignorant. One, as far as I'm concerned, we put up 14. But the blue and white zebra somehow said our guy pushed off.. That's kinda hard to do when you're making a diving touchdown catch. It shouldve been defensive p.o. since the defender cut off the receivers route. Anybody with a lick of sense about football can look at that play and know it. I also said what I said assuming BH had players with class who didn't take cheap shots after the play. I was wrong for assuming that. We lost our starter.. If we hadn't, we may have put up more points..
[/quote]

sir i hate to be rude, but what ifs have no place in the game of football

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1054333" timestamp="1315699277"]
[quote author=Mr. Blitz link=topic=88012.msg1054298#msg1054298 date=1315696230]

[/quote]

Mr. Blitz if you believe everything you read in the paper then you will lead a rough life. I have been to that stadium since the '60s and there is no way that bench is anywhere close to a foot out of bounds! Unless you were sitting on the Nederland side then it would have been real tough for you to see the play because there were to many players in the way. As far as the video goes they don't tell all the facts because they are never at the right angle! Last but not least, how would you feel if it were your QB? I am sure you guys would be throwing a party for the opposing team right! And you are correct in one thing, it's over and you can't go back and change anything, if the officiating is bad don't use that group again and move on!
[/quote]

Trust me Dawgnut....I don't always believe the newspapers, especially those liberal ones!  :D  The reason I referenced it in there is because the hometown paper generally leans in favor of the home team.  I agree, the bench is no where near a foot out of bounds but when a LB is going full speed and hits a QB from the side...the QB is going to land a lot further away than one foot.  The video angle I saw was from the endzone about 20 feet off the ground...trust me, there was nothing in the way and it was a great angle.  QB was one step out of bounds, period.  I completely understand yall being upset, as any team would be...especially with him being injured.  I have no problem with that, my issue is with some of the folks on here (especially GoDogs27) attacking a young man's character when it is completely false and unwarranted.  His ridiculous and ignorant response to my previous post doesn't even deserve a reply.  Let's just all be thankful that the majority of us on here don't share his distorted view ("as far as he's concerned").  Dawgnut, yall have a HELL of a team and will be tough to beat the rest of the year.  Best of luck to yall.

Just got the chance to get on and post...what a great game by two quality teams. A great game for real football fans to enjoy in person for sure!  Those kids left everything on the field last night.  Everything that needs to be said has, so I'm not gonna pile on, but don't think anyone has pointed out how good Ned's pass blocking was...BH wasnt able to get anywhere near the QB all night. Got to give that line some serious credit there. 

Not a single one of us has a clue about what was going throughout that kid's mind. It's been said that he's a great kid, he says yes sir/no sir, etc. He's disciplined, never gets in trouble, etc. Fine. I believe you. I know a lot of players who were like that when I played too; but when then chin strap is buckled, and the whistle blows, you can throw all of that out the window. I'm not defending what happened nor accusing him of anything. Things happen on a football field which don't happen off the field. I said it earlier, I'll repeat it for those who did not see it. Football is referred to as a WAR! People do things in war that they normally would not do and the same can be said on a football field. For someone to accuse another of a malicious late hit is absurd, but defending him also holds no water IMO. HE is the only person who knows the truth.

II have been reading on this website for years and its always how barbers hills fans are ignorant and so forth. I have to admit as a fan of neither school that hit happens all the time on the sidelines. What doesn't happen is the opposing team to attack the player. Just saying. Also if you say you are a genius about football then you would have watched the film and saw the push off before the ball was thrown. I have not seen the video but im not a self proclaimed genius of football like some of the nederland fans. Let's just say that was two good teams and neither deserve to lose

This will be my first and only post on the late hit. When a QB is running for his best friend (the sideline), anyone in pursuit should see this and pull up no matter how fast they are running. If he is not running at full speed, then as a coach, I would question his play. Also as a coach, I would jump his arse for hitting out of bounds. Didn't see this. As for the Ned players taking up for their QB, please tell me any team that would not have reacted the same. Was he kicked, hit in the face, anything of this nature? No, he was pushed and he had pads on. Being slammed into a bench at full speed with concrete at the bottom is a whole different story.

I've already given props to BH for outplaying us and winning the game.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1054712" timestamp="1315759785"]
Was looking at the stats ned had almost 300 yds offense and no turnovers how did yall only have 7pts seem like yall killed them on everything but scoreboard
[/quote]
Pretty sure Nederland threw a couple of interceptions.

[quote name="NHS1990" post="1053763" timestamp="1315629197"]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=88012.msg1053696#msg1053696 date=1315627146]
Well then maybe y'all should switch to flag football. People don't get hurt there. It's freaking football. Its a physical game that people get hurt in. You just need to learn to deal with it. And yalls backup QB did great tonight. He can lead y'all to playoffs easily.
[/quote]

'People don't get hurt there...' ( flag football). Obviously you have never played the game or you wouldn't say that! 8)
[/quote]
Very true.  I used to play with a bunch of guys I worked with and one guy broke his leg!  And it was a nasty break.  Anyway,  this was a  good game for Ned as far as facing a similar team and offense that we will face in two weeks. BH definetly has a tough D and it looks like Neds defense held thier own as well.  Good luck to BH the rest of the season.

[quote name="bh15" post="1053804" timestamp="1315631142"]
Just got home from the game. BH defense kept us in the game. Your kicker missed a close one with 2 seconds left or we would be the sad ones tonight. I thought the call was a good one by the ref in ot. The receiver pushed off the corner to get seperation before the ball arrived. I am just very suprised the ref made that call in bulldog stadium in that situation. I thought the BH receivers were mugged all night by the Ned secondary and couldn't buy a flag. In any event BH won because #8 swept around the left end behind great blocking by #20 and dove into the corner of the endzone for 6. That play worked both times we ran it. The offense struggled more than I expected, especiall with the fumbles. Our defense did an outstanding job. Ned is a lot tougher than I expected. I think you will do well in district. I will pray for Raines to recover. I was also impressed with the running of Edwin Nelson. Hope y'all win the rest of your games.
[/quote]

Totally agreed.  IMO, had #20 or #8 gotten their hands on a few of the fumbled snaps, our total yards would be much closer to Nederlands.  We have an awesome group of boys and they played their hearts out.  Our defense kept us in this game and our offense came through when we needed them most!!

Great game by both teams.

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1054408" timestamp="1315701467"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=88012.msg1054333#msg1054333 date=1315699277]
[quote author=Mr. Blitz link=topic=88012.msg1054298#msg1054298 date=1315696230]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trust me Dawgnut....I don't always believe the newspapers, especially those liberal ones!  :D  The reason I referenced it in there is because the hometown paper generally leans in favor of the home team.  I agree, the bench is no where near a foot out of bounds but when a LB is going full speed and hits a QB from the side...the QB is going to land a lot further away than one foot.  The video angle I saw was from the endzone about 20 feet off the ground...trust me, there was nothing in the way and it was a great angle.  QB was one step out of bounds, period.  I completely understand yall being upset, as any team would be...especially with him being injured.  I have no problem with that, my issue is with some of the folks on here (especially GoDogs27) attacking a young man's character when it is completely false and unwarranted.  His ridiculous and ignorant response to my previous post doesn't even deserve a reply.  Let's just all be thankful that the majority of us on here don't share his distorted view ("as far as he's concerned").  Dawgnut, yall have a HELL of a team and will be tough to beat the rest of the year.  Best of luck to yall.
[/quote]

Someone cut the film post it on youtube.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83