QB Bevil to start opener Saturday

WOSgrad

[quote name="BBHS83" post="1045782" timestamp="1314841770"]
Big Mistake. I now have four free tickets to give away.
[/quote]I thought Woodard was an idiot then he named Bevil the starter for a second time and removed all doubt.  I now have 6 tickets available to give away...all I need is my parking passes so I can still hang out and have fun and not have to go watch all the turnovers.  What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get a different result?  Prewitt beat him out last year, how do you lose your starting job over the off season to a guy you already beat out??!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS A DAMN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1045785" timestamp="1314842380"]
I figure we'll see 2 or maybe 3 qb's by the end of the game. Texas College is terrible.
[/quote]

I agree, all three QB's will play Saturday.

I predicted that Bevil would get the start. He is a senior, very comfortable with the offense. He will be fine against Texas College. (but all three will do well against that team)

Now, who starts in weeks 3 and after is the real question. I am betting it is Jeremy.

[quote name="cardinal" post="1045801" timestamp="1314843762"]
[quote author=BBHS83 link=topic=87515.msg1045782#msg1045782 date=1314841770]
[/quote]I thought Woodard was an idiot then he named Bevil the starter for a second time and removed all doubt.  I now have 6 tickets available to give away...all I need is my parking passes so I can still hang out and have fun and not have to go watch all the turnovers.  What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get a different result?  Prewitt beat him out last year, how do you lose your starting job over the off season to a guy you already beat out??!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS A DAMN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

This type is mentality from Cardinal "fans" shut the Cardinal football program down about 20 years ago.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1045811" timestamp="1314844741"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=87515.msg1045801#msg1045801 date=1314843762]
[/quote]

This type of mentality from  Cardinal "fans" shut the Cardinal football program down about 20 years ago.
[/quote]

I am not a Bevil fan  but Coach W is the HC and have to respect his decision. Easy to sit here spout your gap but harder to stick by your team. After seeing eight hundred backers at the gig last Sunday Coach W has much more support than you yentzels that run your mouth here. GO CARDS

[quote name="beechnut" post="1045824" timestamp="1314845320"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=87515.msg1045811#msg1045811 date=1314844741]
[/quote]

This type of mentality from  Cardinal "fans" shut the Cardinal football program down about 20 years ago.
[/quote]

I am not a Bevil but Coach W is the HC and have to respect his decision. Easy to sit here spout your gap but harder to stick by your team. After seeing eight hundred backers at the gig last Sunday Coach W has much more support than you yentzels that run your mouth here. GO CARDS
[/quote]

Guess folks didn't want LU football back as bad as they said they did.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1045843" timestamp="1314846911"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87515.msg1045824#msg1045824 date=1314845320]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not a Bevil but Coach W is the HC and have to respect his decision. Easy to sit here spout your gap but harder to stick by your team. After seeing eight hundred backers at the gig last Sunday Coach W has much more support than you yentzels that run your mouth here. GO CARDS
[/quote]

Guess folks didn't want LU football back as bad as they said they did.
[/quote]

Your either a fan or not that simple and Lamar has a good following from what I seen last week and as long as the $$$ keeps rolling in life is good. I think they will take a big step this year and hopefully will continue to fair well.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not a Bevil fan  but Coach W is the HC and have to respect his decision. Easy to sit here spout your gap but harder to stick by your team. After seeing eight hundred backers at the gig last Sunday Coach W has much more support than you yentzels that run your mouth here. GO CARDS
[/quote]

Yentzels?  People like me pay coach Woodards salary.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1045851" timestamp="1314848050"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=87515.msg1045847#msg1045847 date=1314847661]
Coach W has chosen Bevil. Only way he could lose his position is not to perform. Is that correct?
[/quote]

Unless he get's injured or "out performed". ;)
[/quote]
Obviously the performance doesn't matter.  If it did, Prewitt would be starting.  Am I the only one that recalls Prewitt beat out Bevil over a full season last year?  A walk on works his tail off and beats out the annointed qb.  I guess maybe Woodard's ego is in the way of common sense.

Gotta go with the one that has the most experience in games like these, and has a better feel for the offense. How bout we just bite our tongue until after the game before we get all biased. After all, he has had a full offseason to work on things just like the other QBs have. Plus this year he will have better protection and a better run game.....QBs love that stuff!

We all wanted Lamar football back.  Now that we have it, we are suddenly better coaches than Woodard and he doesn't know what he is doing.  You two that are talking about giving away tickets, I bet your butts will be sitting in the stands cheering come Saturday night. 

Give the guy a chance to at least play the 1st game and then if things are headed in the wrong direction, i bet Woodard will do whats best for the team.  At least we have 2 other QB's that can step up if he faulters or gets injured.

Good call, BigFord...if you are really willing to give up your seats in season 2 of a return to football after 20 plus years of not having it, then you are not much of a fan...the coaches are with these guys every day, so I will trust their judgement on this and continue to support Lamar football

If you think Bevil doesn't deserve to start then you haven't been to a practice. Bevil has earned the job back over Prewitt. Even yesterday when throwing the wet balls. JJ has potential but give him a few more weeks.

You are going to see all 3 QB Saturday. (If they get to play). You will just see Bevil first. Woodard has also said the QB position will be reevaluated after the game. He isn't naming a starter for the season. Just for this glorified scrimmage. Ignorance isn't the answer guys. Go Cards!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1045974" timestamp="1314888218"]
If you think Bevil doesn't deserve to start then you haven't been to a practice. Bevil has earned the job back over Prewitt. Even yesterday when throwing the wet balls. JJ has potential but give him a few more weeks.

You are going to see all 3 QB Saturday. (If they get to play). You will just see Bevil first. Woodard has also said the QB position will be reevaluated after the game. He isn't naming a starter for the season. Just for this glorified scrimmage. Ignorance isn't the answer guys. Go Cards!
[/quote]

Well Said.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1045920" timestamp="1314882028"]
We all wanted Lamar football back.  Now that we have it, we are suddenly better coaches than Woodard and he doesn't know what he is doing.  You two that are talking about giving away tickets, I bet your butts will be sitting in the stands cheering come Saturday night. 

Give the guy a chance to at least play the 1st game and then if things are headed in the wrong direction, i bet Woodard will do whats best for the team.  At least we have 2 other QB's that can step up if he faulters or gets injured.
[/quote]

I sat my butt in the stand every game last year and saw Bevil constantly self destruct.  He had his chance.  Prewitt beat him out.  It should be Prewitt's job until he proves on the field he can't handle it like Bevil did over and over and over and over and over and over again last year.

[quote name="dee" post="1045884" timestamp="1314866428"]
I love how you guys don't get what yall want and now you are upset. He has outplayed each guy(even the great J.J.) since spring and deserve the job. Good luck Dre keep doing what you are doing.
[/quote]

PASSING  GP  Effic  Cmp-Att-Int  Pct  Yards  TD  Long  Avg/G 
Bevil, Andre  10  119.5  157-288-14  54.5  2013  14  73  201.3 
Prewitt, Doug  6  135.5  60-96-2  62.5  725  4  53  120.8 

Let's see, Prewitt had a 135 efficiency rating, completed 62.5% of his passes and through 4 td's vs 2 int's.

Bevil, a 119.5 rating...14 td's vs 14 ints (I couldn't find all the fumbles he had..but it was quite a few), and completed a paltry 54% of your passes.

I guess your right, you should never question the almight coach Woodard's decision.  Obviously he has to be right.

[/quote]

By the way, one important point in your post is that the 800 people were there LAST Sunday.  That is before your boy Woodard made this bonehead announcement.  Hmmm, I guess he isn't all that boneheaded...he waited to get that big fundraiser out of the way before making this announcement.  Go with the better QB, that happens to be from Beaumont, who was a walk-on that worked his tail off the earn the starting job at his hometown University?  Nah, makes too much sense.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Guest beechnut
[quote name="cardinal" post="1045870" timestamp="1314851942"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87515.msg1045824#msg1045824 date=1314845320]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yentzels?  People like me pay coach Woodards salary.
[/quote]

Last I heard his got a paycheck from Lamar.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin