Texas High vs. Vidor Game Thread/Vidor wins!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor wins! The Vidor Offense put up about 400 yards of total offense, and had 27 first downs.
The Pirate D kept Texs High in check, only allowing 13 first downs.
Vidor wins 30-27

Vidor 1-0
Vidor will host the Kirbyville Wildcats at Ivan Croak Field next Saturday at 7:00pm

Great game Pirates!

Hate to say this but it's the same thing every year with teams like Vidor and LCM.  I'm happy these teams represented 20-4a very well.  Having said that they still have to prove... can hang with the likes of Nederland, PNG, Central, even Livingston or Lumberton?  I would love to see either of these two teams run the table this year but I don't believe it'll happen. I think they both finish in the bottom the district, maybe one of them takes the fourth spot. Time will tell! 

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Great game. I'm proud of my pirates. Defense showed they won't give up and fought back. Offense looked great. A few things to work on but hey its the first game. Refs could've used some help but i'm not complaining cuz we won and that's all that matters. Great job pirates! Proud of you!

Great effort by Vidor those boys physically manhandled the Tigers despite being out-weighed by almost 50 lbs per lineman. Vidor had almost 300 yds. rushing before halftime.

One thing the Pirates have to avoid is penalties, a holding call wiped out a Vidor TD in overtime, and we had way to many flags on both sides of the ball.

This was a tough fought game that almost got away from the Pirates but hey, a win is a win. For the most part we avoided major injuries......anyone have any info. on Brenten Clark.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1043173" timestamp="1314529891"]
Great effort by Vidor those boys physically manhandled the Tigers despite being out-weighed by almost 50 lbs per lineman. Vidor had almost 300 yds. rushing before halftime.

One thing the Pirates have to avoid is penalties, a holding call wiped out a Vidor TD in overtime, and we had way to many flags on both sides of the ball.

This was a tough fought game that almost got away from the Pirates but hey, a win is a win. For the most part we avoided major injuries......anyone have any info. on Brenten Clark.
[/quote]Brenton's Dad was sitting near us and he said mild concussion.

What a great game for the Pirates.  They really controlled the line of scrimmage for the most part and you have to do that running the slot-t. Bollinger is the real deal and if he gets to the corner first, its a score.  The Pirate secondary has some things that the coaches will need to address but overall, we played really well on both sides of the ball.  Attrition might be a problem because we have some pretty key players going on both sides of the ball and I wish we would change that.  It was a great victory for the Pirates and I know those kids are beat up and bruised up today because it was a hard hitting game on both sides of the ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder