Silsbee 27 Splendora 25 Final/Comments

We played terrible. Hats off to Splendora. It was obvious they prepared for our guys. They knew our snap count and were able to continually get us to false start. They had a great game plan of getting those 3-4 yard runs to just keep the chains moving and Silsbee's offense off of the field. There is no doubt we were looking past them. We came out flat and got down early. Their only miscue was the fumble at the 2 yard line late in the game. We tried everything to give away this game. Hopefully it will be a springboard for the next game and our injured and out players are able to go next week.

First and foremost I MUST give mad props to them Wildcats!!!

They had that misdirection going wild. Never knew who had the ball.

That Byrd kid is the real deal. A tough runner with great vision.

I would love to see them play further, hate to see them lose but I am

glad them Tigers triumphed.

Some of the most amazing plays I have ever seen in High School Football!!

Congrats Tigers!!!! :lol:

I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GAME.

AND MY HATS OFF TO THE SLENDORA CATS.

THIS WAS A VERY DETERMINED GROUP OF YOUNG MEN.

THIS WAS A VERY EXCITING GAME FROM START TO FINISH.

THE SPLENDORA FANS SAID IT WOULD BE AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS. GREAT GAME AND CONGRATS ON A GREAT YEAR, BE PROUD

YALL MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME.

NOW CONGRATS TO SILSBEE! GREAT GAME BOYS! STAY FOCUSED ON NEXT WEEK! YOU CAN DO THIS! GO ALL THE WAY TO STATE!

I BELIEVE IN YALL! THE WHOLE TOWN BELIEVES IN YALL!

I have to give props to Splendora, they are tough. They have to be the best coached, most disciplined team that Silsbee has played all year. They never had any mental lapses. They stuck to what they do best and never derived from it, mighty good Wildcats.

Silsbee shot themselves in the foot several times with the ill timely penalties. That had to be the most false starts that the Tigers have had all year, at least 8 to 9 of them. Silsbee did hit the big plays tonight, which is a change. Not the typical grind it out way that Silsbee normaly scores with. It was refreshing, to say the least. The Tigers did what they had to do to pull this one out, they showed a lot of grit.

BTW, Silsbee's starting RB, tough nosed Rocky Calhoun, did not suit up tonight, has a bum ankle. Also, Ahmad Jones played with a hobble all night. Had to be spelled quite a bit.

Congrats Tigers, good to get this first done, now let's get on a roll.

Damn thats was a good game.Splendora warned you guys but you didnt respect us until you realized we could take the game.I hope silsbee does well until state but remember the first round. Silsbee almost lost to a team noboby thought had a chance. Picked to lose by 24 Splendora showed up looking to end your season and almost did. Good game guys.And good luck.

dang thats was a good game.Splendora warned you guys but you didnt respect us until you realized we could take the game.I hope silsbee does well until state but remember the first round. Silsbee almost lost to a team noboby thought had a chance. Picked to lose by 24 Splendora showed up looking to end your season and almost did. Good game guys.And good luck.

EVERYONE WAS THERE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED

I MADE A POINT TO COMMEND YOUR GUYS WITH A POST AS SOON AS I MADE IT HOME

A SIMPLE THANKS FOR THE COMMENT WOULD BE ENOUGH

BUT I PROMISE! "YOU DID NOT SEE THE SILSBEE TIGER PLAY THERE A-GAME LAST NIGHT" BY FAR..!

I was very impressed with Splendoras team. They played very disciplined football and came 5 seconds away from pulling out a very big upset. Silsbee won this one on talent alone. The Silsbee D had better find a way to shut down the run, and the stupid mistakes have got to stop. There was no reason for this game to be close at all, but it was, just like so many others this year. I'm going Monday to get some nitro pills for my heart. Just in case. :oops:

CONGRATS TO THE TIGERS!!! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU GUYS!!!

Well I am here to eat a little crow! I thought Splendora would pull off the upset and for a while, I was looking like a genius. People, I saw the best football game I have EVER seen last Friday night in Conroe and I have seen a lot of football games over the years. This one had just about everything a football fan could want. I have to admit I was pulling for the Cats but I have to give Silsbee some credit, they overcame a lot of adversity to win that one. Splendora had to play a perfect game to have a chance to beat Silsbee and they almost did play perfect. My God, I have NEVER in my life seen a a group of young MEN play as hard as the Splendora Wildcats. Just looking on the field and looking at the players, there is no reason why Silsbee should not have beat them by 30 or 40 points. Silsbee is bigger, faster, and stronger yet the game was decided in the last 5 seconds with a missed field goal by the Cats. There were some bone crushing hits by the Splendora "D". The simple fact is Silsbee is a better football team but Splendora physically whipped them ALL NIGHT, even Silsbee's big men were hurting! But the bottom line is that the Cats could not stop the big plays. Speed kills and ultimately, that is what cost the wildcats the game. Best of luck to the Tigers. I chatted with a few of the Silsbee fans after the game and you guys are a class act!! After you guys go on and win the state championship, make sure you look back and remember those CATS! Good luck Silsbee and God Speed!

Remember how the district got no love on this board all year?

I will say Splendora played their hearts out and did a fine job. I was definitely nervous late in the game. In regards to the district it is still weak. To be considered a good football district surely at least one team should advance beyond the first round.

I do not recall a lot of bashing. To be honest I do not think many folks from that district even post. Preseason that district was getting beat up by a lot of other districts. You have to kind of expect a little bit of talking down when teams are/were doing poorly. You guys had a sub .500 team in the playoffs. Coldsprings is definitely on the rise for the future.

I was very impressed with Splendoras team. They played very disciplined football and came 5 seconds away from pulling out a very big upset. Silsbee won this one on talent alone. The Silsbee D had better find a way to shut down the run' date=' and the stupid mistakes have got to stop. There was no reason for this game to be close at all, but it was, just like so many others this year. I'm going Monday to get some nitro pills for my heart. Just in case. :oops:

[b']CONGRATS TO THE TIGERS!!! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU GUYS!!!

Its funny how the fans determine if a game should be close or not. Sometimes teams match up and sometimes they don't. Just ask Rutgers or LSU.....they were supposed to have blowout wins and one had a blowout loss and the other won in overtime. Its hard to get wins now a days on any level.....Appreciate a win for what it is.......A WIN! I can assure you that the Tiger players and coaches knew this one would be a tough one!

HEY SPLENDORA YOU HAVNT READ ANY OF THE POSTS SILSBEE PUT OUT AFTER THE GAME!

THEY WERE THERE AND WERE PUT THERE IN RESPECT TO YOUR PLAYERS

I HAVNT SEEN ONE POST SAYING THANKS OR NOTHING. JUST A BUNCH OF WHININ! SO AS FAR AS I CONCERNED YOU ARE SOUNDING LIKE VIDOR TALKING ABOUT NEDERLAND. YOU GOT BEAT END OF STORY

1 POINT OR A HUNDRED YOU STILL LOST!

YOU GOTA GIVE RESPECT TO GET IT!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder