Hull-Daisetta vs Hardin moved to Thursday at 7pm. Who wins this heated rivalry?

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1035969" timestamp="1313463713"]
I remember in 2008 John Stelly and Mitch Villimez got shutdown by the Bobcats in Daisetta. Aaron Cook and Sam Elliott lead the Bobcats to victory. Stelly and Villimez had like 25 yards rushing.  ;D
[/quote]Not shut down at all QB vrs Center 8 fumbles Stelly rushed up the gut for a 50 yard score

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1035969" timestamp="1313463713"]
I remember in 2008 John Stelly and Mitch Villimez got shutdown by the Bobcats in Daisetta. Aaron Cook and Sam Elliott lead the Bobcats to victory. Stelly and Villimez had like 25 yards rushing.  ;D
[/quote]And where are those guys playing now or is anybody from HD playing at the college level now, thought a recent player was at Lamar.  Joe Slack class act HD you better get ready Hardin might just take him from you. LOL

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035825" timestamp="1313438109"]
Some reports say that John Stelly is being watched by several NFL teams.

Any truth to that?
[/quote]
I see the guy in Liberty at the gym quite often, he's massive and in good shape, and I he is playing college ball somewhere but I'm not exactly sure where.

Big kid at the gym in Liberty is John Stelly, starting fullback at I believe Eastern Oklahoma State, also Mitch Villemez, outside linebacker at Blinn, had a nice 95 yard interception return for a TD last week in their scrimmage. Stelly was on the Miami Dolphins watch list last year on their web site.

[quote name="bushpilot" post="1036139" timestamp="1313522765"]
Big kid at the gym in Liberty is John Stelly, starting fullback at I believe Eastern Oklahoma State, also Mitch Villemez, outside linebacker at Blinn, had a nice 95 yard interception return for a TD last week in their scrimmage. Stelly was on the Miami Dolphins watch list last year on their web site.
[/quote]All Lonestar Conference
            Second Team All Region
            Preseason All-American
All after redshirt pulled playing the six games left in the season.  First game is Offensive Player of the Week Lonestar Conference.

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035897" timestamp="1313447880"]
My statement "I have not seen FOOTBALL played in Hardin" simply means, I have not seen a 3 dimensional Hardin team since 2000-2002. Which would be the last time Hardin had teams where they played Offense, Defense and Special teams and were extremely successful at all three of those aspects of the game.

Has Hardin has good defenses and offenses since? Yes. But not at the same time, on one team.

Pay attention to Hardin football better, or do not comment on this thread if you aren't familiar with the history of the program.
[/quote]Hardin had size and talent back then but skill players were being played out of position.  Dont think they were any better or worse than the 2007/2008 team.  Depth is always a problem and Hardin was not 3 dimensional in 2000-2002, they were good and if they hadn't blown a lead over Garrison they would most likely won a state championship that year.  Garrison went on to blow everybody else out.  Harrison Gray sat on the sidelines when he should have seen some time on defense as a safety or linebacker too much talent to waste.  If Larry Haynes had that team who knows what numbers they could have put up with those skill kids.

[quote name="BACK IN THE DAY" post="1036205" timestamp="1313529357"]
[quote author=TEAM link=topic=86669.msg1035897#msg1035897 date=1313447880]
My statement "I have not seen FOOTBALL played in Hardin" simply means, I have not seen a 3 dimensional Hardin team since 2000-2002. Which would be the last time Hardin had teams where they played Offense, Defense and Special teams and were extremely successful at all three of those aspects of the game.

Has Hardin has good defenses and offenses since? Yes. But not at the same time, on one team.

Pay attention to Hardin football better, or do not comment on this thread if you aren't familiar with the history of the program.
[/quote]Hardin had size and talent back then but skill players were being played out of position.  Dont think they were any better or worse than the 2007/2008 team.  Depth is always a problem and Hardin was not 3 dimensional in 2000-2002, they were good and if they hadn't blown a lead over Garrison they would most likely won a state championship that year.  Garrison went on to blow everybody else out.  Harrison Gray sat on the sidelines when he should have seen some time on defense as a safety or linebacker too much talent to waste.  If Larry Haynes had that team who knows what numbers they could have put up with those skill kids.
[/quote]No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1036231" timestamp="1313531072"]
[quote author=BACK IN THE DAY link=topic=86669.msg1036205#msg1036205 date=1313529357]

[/quote]No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one.
[/quote]
Being from neither town I can agree on the fact that if you try hard enough and make good grades anyone can play college ball, but not anyone can receive the honors Stelly has received at the next level, you can't say oh well " so and so from HD was better so if he wanted to he could be on the Miami Dolphins watch list" No. You can't discredit Stelly just because HD had 100's of athletes too.

No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. [b]H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. [/b] or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one.
[/quote]

Name 10

[quote author=BACK IN THE DAY link=topic=86669.msg1036205#msg1036205 date=1313529357]

[/quote]Hardin had size and talent back then but skill players were being played out of position.  Dont think they were any better or worse than the 2007/2008 team.  Depth is always a problem and Hardin was not 3 dimensional in 2000-2002, they were good and if they hadn't blown a lead over Garrison they would most likely won a state championship that year.  Garrison went on to blow everybody else out.  Harrison Gray sat on the sidelines when he should have seen some time on defense as a safety or linebacker too much talent to waste.  If Larry Haynes had that team who knows what numbers they could have put up with those skill kids.
[/quote]No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one. [quote author=knows2much link=topic=86669.msg1036388#msg1036388 date=1313584056]
No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. [b]H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. [/b] or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one.
[/quote]

Name 10
[/quote]

In fact.  Name 1 since 2000 that has actually played somewhere.  I can name some from Hardin if you like.

Joey Nunan - Stephen F. Austin State University
Charles Bolds - Souwhestern Oklahoma State University
Brent Anderson - University of Texas Dallas
Cedric Reescano - Stephen F. Austin State University
Derrick Reescano - South Plains Junior College
John Stelley - Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Jordan Nolan - Milsaps College
Daniel Marsh - Blynn Junior College
Mitch Villamez - Blynn Junior College

That's just since 2000.  And I may have missed somebody.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1036388" timestamp="1313584056"]
[/quote]

Name 10
[/quote] The Top 25 H-D Bobcat Football Players of All Time IMO Revised: 1. Ross Echols(Houston), 2. Gene Walker(Rice), 3. Parnell Lykes, 4. George Westbrook, 5. Anthony Landry(Army), 6. Ed Taylor(Baylor), 7. Joe Allen Slack, 8. Juan Gamez(Ranger), 9. Stepheleon Whitfield, 10. Tony Thibedeaux(Ranger), 11. Robert Tanner, 12. David Cooper, 13. Arnell Lykes, 14. Larry Eaglin(Oilers), 15. Jim Arceneaux, 16. Ahmad Lambert, 17. T.J. Walker, 18. Thomas Rodgers(UTEP), 19. Eric Redfern, 20. Sedric Broussard, 21. Ashante Allen(Kilgore), 22. Stevie Broussard, 23. Kenneth Winters(SFA), 24. Johnny Downs, 25. Brandon Broom: FYI: Kade Brett(NSU) and Franklin Smith(Lamar)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1036430" timestamp="1313591315"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=86669.msg1036388#msg1036388 date=1313584056]
[/quote]

Name 10
[/quote] The Top 25 H-D Bobcat Football Players of All Time IMO Revised: 1. Ross Echols(Houston), 2. Gene Walker(Rice), 3. Parnell Lykes, 4. George Westbrook, 5. Anthony Landry(Army), 6. Ed Taylor(Baylor), 7. Joe Allen Slack, 8. Juan Gamez(Ranger), 9. Stepheleon Whitfield, 10. Tony Thibedeaux(Ranger), 11. Robert Tanner, 12. David Cooper, 13. Arnell Lykes, 14. Larry Eaglin(Oilers), 15. Jim Arceneaux, 16. Ahmad Lambert, 17. T.J. Walker, 18. Thomas Rodgers(UTEP), 19. Eric Redfern, 20. Sedric Broussard, 21. Ashante Allen(Kilgore), 22. Stevie Broussard, 23. Kenneth Winters(SFA), 24. Johnny Downs, 25. Brandon Broom: FYI: Kade Brett(NSU) and Franklin Smith(Lamar)
[/quote] Hardin has never had many, if any players of this caliber.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1036431" timestamp="1313591481"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86669.msg1036430#msg1036430 date=1313591315]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=86669.msg1036388#msg1036388 date=1313584056]
[/quote]

Name 10
[/quote]Obviously you are clueless!  And you list contains alot of D-3's that are not even in existance today.

[quote name="HDcats0422" post="1036433" timestamp="1313591826"]
Juan Gamez had many D1 schools looking at him, just had to get his grades up.
Jason Elder (ETBU)
Nick Lambert (Ranger)
[/quote]You know Gamez was great, the player that came from HD that didn't go any where was the Quarterback think is name was (Dusty)that year he was fast and had a great arm.  Believe that was the year they beat Baytown Lee at 7 on 7.  The quaterback from Lee is in the NFL now.  Just shows between our two little schools alot of talent.  If the two schools were to merge what a football team.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1036394" timestamp="1313585348"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86669.msg1036231#msg1036231 date=1313531072]

[/quote]Hardin had size and talent back then but skill players were being played out of position.  Dont think they were any better or worse than the 2007/2008 team.  Depth is always a problem and Hardin was not 3 dimensional in 2000-2002, they were good and if they hadn't blown a lead over Garrison they would most likely won a state championship that year.  Garrison went on to blow everybody else out.  Harrison Gray sat on the sidelines when he should have seen some time on defense as a safety or linebacker too much talent to waste.  If Larry Haynes had that team who knows what numbers they could have put up with those skill kids.
[/quote]No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one. [quote author=knows2much link=topic=86669.msg1036388#msg1036388 date=1313584056]
[/quote]

Name 10
[/quote]

In fact.  Name 1 since 2000 that has actually played somewhere.  I can name some from Hardin if you like.

[/quote]Stelly- Northeastern State University

[/quote]Stelly had options to transfer with full ride to Lamar and Texas State this Fall chose to stay in place. 

[quote name="BACK IN THE DAY" post="1036432" timestamp="1313591716"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86669.msg1036431#msg1036431 date=1313591481]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86669.msg1036430#msg1036430 date=1313591315]
[/quote]

Name 10
[/quote]Obviously you are clueless!  And you list contains alot of D-3's that are not even in existance today.
[/quote] Me clueless? Your a tard !! lol. The schools listed are the schools, sorry if they don't exist. lol :D ;)

[/quote]You know its sad when a person has to dog a kid to attempt to make there school look better, never discredited any player from HD becaue they have had some great ones just asked if any were still in college.  And know not all kids can play D-2 football,  if you look into the NFL lots of kids that are missed by D-1 schools because they dont take time to recruit small schools because of the number of athletes to look at is so small.  Good luck to both schools will be pulling for Coach Slack this year, not to excited about the Hornet program right now.  Not saying I'm defecting just not excited.

[quote name="BACK IN THE DAY" post="1036440" timestamp="1313592303"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=86669.msg1036394#msg1036394 date=1313585348]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86669.msg1036231#msg1036231 date=1313531072]

[/quote]

Name 10
[/quote]

[/quote]Stelly- Northeastern State University
[/quote]A couple of kids went to East Texas Baptist but didn't stick it out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder