Hull-Daisetta/High Island/Sabine Pass/WCA Scrimmage Thread/Post updates here!

Well... dang it was hot. Scrimmage went well, no injuries for any team. H-D and WCA were the two best teams by far. H-D started off against WCA, both offenses were moving the ball. WCA has a Michael Vick type running QB(TAPPS schools can recruit players) that is very fast and athletic, he ran wild on H-D for 2 TD's and threw for 1 TD. WCA likes to spread you out with 4-5 wideouts and let their QB run wild. H-D had a long TD run by Tyler Drake, against WCA on a counter play from the Wing T Formation. Both defenses need work. H-D dominated HI & SP on both sides of the ball, scoring 3 TD's to 0 against both teams. Garrett Hickman and Tyler Drake looked the sharpest in H-D's first scrimmage. Good job Bobcats !!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1034832" timestamp="1313255171"]
Correction, TAPPS schools are not allowed to "recruit" players.
[/quote] TAPPS schools don't follow UIL zoning rules. Players don't have to live in that area. It's shows when basketball season starts, kids from acoss the counrty can come to play at TAPPS schools. Parents pay good money toward tuition for their kids to play and get educated. Funny how all their basketball players are 6'4 to 6'7, "but they don't recruit". I can sell you some ocean front property in California.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1034850" timestamp="1313256408"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=86647.msg1034832#msg1034832 date=1313255171]
[/quote] TAPPS schools don't follow UIL zoning rules. Players don't have to live in that area. It's shows when basketball season starts, kids from acoss the counrty can come to play at TAPPS schools. Parents pay good money toward tuition for their kids to play and get educated. Funny how all their basketball players are 6'4 to 6'7, "but they don't recruit". I can sell you some ocean front property in California.
[/quote]

It's a shame that high school interscholastic sports makes some folks this cynical.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1034863" timestamp="1313257362"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86647.msg1034850#msg1034850 date=1313256408]
[/quote]

It's a shame that high school interscholastic sports makes some folks this cynical.
[/quote] ;D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1034863" timestamp="1313257362"]
[/quote]

Agreed. A lot of the cynicism generated when H.G. Bissinger's book "Friday Night Lights" was published in 1990. Since that point, former private rumblings about recruitment violations gave way to wholesale public venting in cyberspace. IMHO, the whole mess lies at the feet of an ineffective, uninterested UIL enforcement policy. They let things spin out of control, and today's cynicism is the direct result.       

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1035002" timestamp="1313268615"]
Looks like TX is following in the footsteps of Louisiana. 
[/quote]

There are a lot of folks that look over on the east side of the Sabine, see what has happened over there and that along with what you noted above, EC, that drives the view of private schools in Texas.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1035009" timestamp="1313269370"]
The Woodlands Christian? As in the same one that's in the District with Legacy? If it is I've seen them play the past few years. I understand that some people see what appears to be recruiting at some private schools but not in TAPPS Division IV
[/quote]

The same.

[quote name="Bill Dauterive" post="1035421" timestamp="1313353067"]
WCA is not a bad team. Their QB is a true Division I prospect, and is being actively recruited by Kansas State and others. Lets not forget that this is the team that beat Evadale last year, ending a long winning streak for the Rebels.  They play good ball.
[/quote] The Rebels didnt play WCA last year they played Cypress community christian

[quote name="Rebel Fan" post="1035484" timestamp="1313358020"]
[quote author=Bill Dauterive link=topic=86647.msg1035421#msg1035421 date=1313353067]
WCA is not a bad team. Their QB is a true Division I prospect, and is being actively recruited by Kansas State and others. Lets not forget that this is the team that beat Evadale last year, ending a long winning streak for the Rebels.  They play good ball.
[/quote] The Rebels didnt play WCA last year they played Cypress community christian
[/quote]

Correct. I apologize for the mistake. I did not think it sounded right when I wrote it.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1034850" timestamp="1313256408"]
[/quote]Hey they have ocean front property in California.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi