Question for OLDREF or ZEBRA1

[quote name="BigDaddy1" post="1038031" timestamp="1313811798"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=86033.msg1037719#msg1037719 date=1313785371]
Maybe we can have a meeting of the two league's top people on a sports extra episode and let the viewers see whats up....
[/quote]PoppaBearstarr, Again I agree with you. I am sure the UIL top brass will be all for it and I am also sure the TASO top brass will refuse  this ideal. The truth will certainly come out on this sports episode for all the viewers to see. ;D
[/quote]

The truth is ALREADY out............and everyone realizes who the problem is.  BigDaddy I will give you a hint.......LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigDaddy I have a few questions and am interested to hear your response:

1.  If English set it up, then why did he not attend?

2.  Why was there 7 UIL Represented schools (2 coaches from Central, 2 from Ozen, 1 from Kountze, 1 from PAM and one from Anahuac) and only 2 TASO Represented Schools in attendance at meeting? 

3.  Why did the UIL Chapter settle out of court and pay the $4500?  BigDaddy were you afraid to take the stand or what?  :D :D :D :D  BTW, The previous lawsuit went to court over $1200 and TASO won it also.

Bottom line is the painting is on the wall for who is doing the right thing, and who is the selfish, egotistical and arrogant refs from this area!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1038297" timestamp="1313868447"]

2.  Why was there 7 UIL Represented schools (2 coaches from Central, 2 from Ozen, 1 from Kountze, 1 from PAM and one from Anahuac) and only 2 TASO Represented Schools in attendance at meeting? 

3.  Why did the UIL Chapter settle out of court and pay the $4500?  BigDaddy were you afraid to take the stand or what?   :D :D :D :D  BTW, The previous lawsuit went to court over $1200 and TASO won it also.

Bottom line is the[b] painting is on the wall[/b] for who is doing the right thing, and who is the selfish, egotistical and arrogant refs from this area!!!!
[/quote]

Shouldn't that be, "the writing is on the wall"? ;) ;D

"Who Dat, Who Dat?" ;D

3.  Why did the UIL Chapter settle out of court and pay the $4500?  BigDaddy were you afraid to take the stand or what?  :D :D :D :D  BTW, The previous lawsuit went to court over $1200 and TASO won it also.

Bottom line is the painting is on the wall for who is doing the right thing, and who is the selfish, egotistical and arrogant refs from this area!!!!
[/quote] :o :o :o

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1038033" timestamp="1313811961"]
[quote author=BigDaddy1 link=topic=86033.msg1038031#msg1038031 date=1313811798]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=86033.msg1037719#msg1037719 date=1313785371]
Maybe we can have a meeting of the two league's top people on a sports extra episode and let the viewers see whats up....
[/quote]PoppaBearstarr, Again I agree with you. I am sure the UIL top brass will be all for it and I am also sure the TASO top brass will refuse  this ideal. The truth will certainly come out on this sports episode for all the viewers to see. ;D
[/quote]

The truth is ALREADY out............and everyone realizes who the problem is.  BigDaddy I will give you a hint.......LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!!
[/quote]Zeek & Poppa, I have talked to coaches from both sides @ summer leagues and tourneys about this "issue". The primary push to re-join these groups is coming from the UIL coaches. They seem to tell a different story when their UIL officials aren't around. The TASO coaches say that, while a few more available refs to pick from might be nice from time to time, they are [u][b]NOT[/b][/u] interested in the old days with the "Man in the Mirror"

I'm not sure where the problem lies, I have a good idea, just from the attitudes that I have witnessed, but my opinion is irrelevant. I just wish they would all come together and put the chest bumping aside, because it is hurting the young men and women. It should have never gotten this public. (in my best Jessie Jackson voice) Your the one with the whistle, lets keep it professional and official.....lol or maybe Johnny Cochran voice.....if the glove doesn't fit......then you must acquit.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1039326" timestamp="1314030599"]
I'm not sure where the problem lies, I have a good idea, just from the attitudes that I have witnessed, but my opinion is irrelevant. I just wish they would all come together and put the chest bumping aside, because it is hurting the young men and women. It should have never gotten this public. (in my best Jessie Jackson voice) Your the one with the whistle, lets keep it professional and official.....lol or maybe Johnny Cochran voice.....if the glove doesn't fit......then you must acquit.
[/quote]Actually Poppa, I'm not the one with the whistle anymore, traded it in for a flag & a clicker 12 years ago.....just have many friends from both sides of the officiating groups as well as coaching.
Sidenote: I'm positive both you & Zeek know where the problem lies, you guys are wise beyond your years.

[/quote]As we sit here waiting for Big Daddy1's response to your questions, all we hear are crickets in the background. I guess we can take his silence as "OOPS"

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1039270" timestamp="1314018921"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=86033.msg1038033#msg1038033 date=1313811961]
[quote author=BigDaddy1 link=topic=86033.msg1038031#msg1038031 date=1313811798]
[/quote]

[/quote]Zeek & Poppa, I have talked to coaches from both sides @ summer leagues and tourneys about this "issue". The primary push to re-join these groups is coming from the UIL coaches. They seem to tell a different story when their UIL officials aren't around. The TASO coaches say that, while a few more available refs to pick from might be nice from time to time, they are [u][b]NOT[/b][/u] interested in the old days with the "Man in the Mirror"
[/quote]Lt. Dangle, you hit the nail on the head. I knew we could count on an enlisted man to get to the truth.

[/quote] Looks as though BigDaddy 1 is as shocked as we are on this board as to why he has not responded to Lazeek's questions. I just don't know if he is shocked for the same reasons. We can assume he is shocked because Lazeek & PoppaBear have asked questions of him that are above his pay grade.  ;D

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1043779" timestamp="1314622259"]

[/quote] Looks as though BigDaddy 1 is as shocked as we are on this board as to why he has not responded to Lazeek's questions. I just don't know if he is shocked for the same reasons. We can assume he is shocked because Lazeek & PoppaBear have asked questions of him that are above his pay grade.  ;D
[/quote]

8) 8) 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

3.  [color=red]Why did the UIL Chapter settle out of court and pay the $4500? [/color]  BigDaddy were you afraid to take the stand or what?  :D :D :D :D  BTW, The previous lawsuit went to court over $1200 and TASO won it also.

[/quote] Hey Lazeek - I heard that the the Beaumont UIL chapter went 0-2 in the lawsuits against the Deep East TX TASO bunch. 8) 8) I don't know how you find all this info out like the $4500 you mentioned above but I heard it is the exact amount that hit the TASO account a few months ago. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

ps  I guess the glove DID fit.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1197082" timestamp="1331731270"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=86033.msg1038297#msg1038297 date=1313868447]

3.  [color=red]Why did the UIL Chapter settle out of court and pay the $4500? [/color]  BigDaddy were you afraid to take the stand or what?  :D :D :D :D  BTW, The previous lawsuit went to court over $1200 and TASO won it also.

[/quote] Hey Lazeek - I heard that the the Beaumont UIL chapter went 0-2 in the lawsuits against the Deep East TX TASO bunch. 8) 8) I don't know how you find all this info out like the $4500 you mentioned above but I heard it is the exact amount that hit the TASO account a few months ago. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

ps  I guess the glove DID fit.  ;D ;D
[/quote]

I'm connected very well!!!! ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder