Question for OLDREF or ZEBRA1

[quote name="OLDREF" post="1034173" timestamp="1313156828"]
THIS IS SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....The bottom line is that you have two groups of people who have allowed their pride to out shadow their good judgement....once again....and because of this we will have two average chapters in the Beaumont area instead of one good chapter...It should be all about the kids ....but it is not....I have to accept some of the blame along with all the members in both chapters....It should not have been able to happen in the first place....Their will continue to be problems until both chapters realize the reason that we officiate in the first place.......THE CHILDREN
[/quote] >:(OLDREF, You can't blame one chapter for wanting to do the right thing for the kids and the other chapter that do care about the kids or members of there own chapter. How about putting some blame on some the coaches who also played a roll in this.  :o

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tamulonghorn" post="1034378" timestamp="1313184002"]
not all coaches wete notified or attended the meeting and that came from an area coach
[/quote] :-\ Every boys and girls coach in the area were notified and invited to the meeting.That area coach just did not attend the meeting. I am sure his coaching buddies told him what was discussed at the meeting. :-*

WRONG BigDaddy..........not everyone was notified!!!!!

The bottom line is selfishness and greed.  Some refs give preferential treatment to some coaches and schools.  Way too much "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch my back" going on with some refs and coaches.  What happened to being a person that just sat back and called a good fair game and called it down the middle?

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1034549" timestamp="1313201283"]

The bottom line is selfishness and greed.  Some refs give preferential treatment to some coaches and schools.  Way too much "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch my back" going on with some refs and coaches.  [b]What happened to being a person that just sat back and called a good fair game and called it down the middle?[/b]
[/quote]

With the local chapters split, those days are long gone. :-[

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1034549" timestamp="1313201283"]

The bottom line is selfishness and greed.  Some refs give preferential treatment to some coaches and schools.  Way too much "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch my back" going on with some refs and coaches.  What happened to being a person that just sat back and called a good fair game and called it down the middle?
[/quote]LAZEEK, You are right. Not everyone was notified. Just all the head girls and boys basketball coaches in the two chapters service area were notified and invited to the meeting. ::)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1035264" timestamp="1313326088"]
Not true BigDaddy...........

I know for a fact of two head coaches that were not notified.  Both use the TASO officials!!!!  How convenient!!!!
[/quote]Maybe so LAZEEK, But it was the coaches that use the TASO chapter that called this meeting. They told the UIL Chapter board members that all the head coaches would attend  the meeting.

[quote name="BigDaddy1" post="1035559" timestamp="1313372574"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=86033.msg1035264#msg1035264 date=1313326088]

I know for a fact of two head coaches that were not notified.  Both use the TASO officials!!!!  How convenient!!!!
[/quote]Maybe so LAZEEK, But it was the coaches that use the TASO chapter that called this meeting. They told the UIL Chapter board members that all the head coaches would attend  the meeting.
[/quote]
That is 100% false, BigDaddy. One of the 2 coaches who attended who use TASO told me that Coach Saveat (Ozen) contacted him and was the moderator of this meeting.

BigDaddy you are starting to crawfish now!!!!  It would be best if you would just come clean with everyone on the board, and admit that you are just stirring the pot to cover your butt and the UIL Officials butts!!!

Here are some facts for you.......

1.  BISD Organized it when you say TASO organized it
2.  A UIL Rep from Austin was NOT in attendance as you said they were
3.  I know of a local district and only one coach even knew about the meeting, and it is convenient that his school uses UIL Officials

Bottom line is that this should be about the KIDS that play the game, not someone in stripes that makes judgment calls that affect the outcome of games at times!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1035735" timestamp="1313429297"]
BigDaddy you are starting to crawfish now!!!!  It would be best if you would just come clean with everyone on the board, and admit that you are just stirring the pot to cover your butt and the UIL Officials butts!!!

3.  I know of a local district and only one coach even knew about the meeting, and it is convenient that his school uses UIL Officials

Bottom line is that this should be about the KIDS that play the game, not someone in stripes that makes judgment calls that affect the outcome of games at times!!!!

[/quote]ZEEK, you are correct on all 3 points. There is one more significant item to add to your list.
4. Not only were just specific area coaches notified, but there was an invitation extended to the Anahuac coach who doesn't use either one of these chapters, he uses Baytown chapter.

Personally I do not care what officials officiated what games............as long as they are fair, unbiased and let the games be played instead of the officials controlling the game!!!!

Too many BIG EGOS out there, and that is why the separation happened.  No other reason!!!!

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1035767" timestamp="1313432434"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=86033.msg1035735#msg1035735 date=1313429297]

[/quote]ZEEK, you are correct on all 3 points. There is one more significant item to add to your list.
4. Not only were just specific area coaches notified, but there was an invitation extended to the Anahuac coach who doesn't use either one of these chapters, he uses Baytown chapter.
[/quote]

How shocking!!!! ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1035667" timestamp="1313417279"]
[quote author=BigDaddy1 link=topic=86033.msg1035559#msg1035559 date=1313372574]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=86033.msg1035264#msg1035264 date=1313326088]

[/quote]
That is 100% false, BigDaddy. One of the 2 coaches who attended who use TASO told me that Coach Saveat (Ozen) contacted him and was the moderator of this meeting.
[/quote] ;D 100% Wrong Lt. Dangle. Coach English Of Nederland Asked Coach Saveat Of Ozen to help him contact area coaches about the meeting. That.s what UIL officials were told.

[quote name="speechless" post="1035668" timestamp="1313417513"]
BISD had the biggest part in organizing this meeting not TASO chapter.
[/quote] ::) Never said TASO chapter organized meeting. I was told the coaches that use the TASO chapter asked to have this meeting. :o

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1035746" timestamp="1313430148"]
It's the classic "he said/she said".  ;D

Don't know where the truth really lies but I am betting it is somewhere in the middle.

But, I will not rule out that it tilts to one side a bit. ;)
[/quote] ;D 100% Fact, UIL Chapter has agreed to merge back togather with TASO on all of the proposals that were presented to them. TASO Chapter has refused all of the proposals for the merger. 100% Facts.  :-\

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1035735" timestamp="1313429297"]

3.  I know of a local district and only one coach even knew about the meeting, and it is convenient that his school uses UIL Officials  :D Here are some real facts.
1. BISD had nothing to do with meeting,only used there facility.
2. Coach English of Nederland requested the meeting,Coach Saveat of Ozen was asked to help contact coaches.
3. Never said UIL Rep from Austin, He is the President of the UILSO Board Of Directors and was repersenting the UIL State Office. He resides in Houston Tx.
4. UIL Chapter Was told all area coaches would be at the meeting, How Manny were notified ?????  ::)

[/quote]

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1035768" timestamp="1313432956"]
Personally I do not care what officials officiated what games............as long as they are fair, unbiased and let the games be played instead of the officials controlling the game!!!!

Too many BIG EGOS out there, and that is why the separation happened.  No other reason!!!!
[/quote] ;D LAZEEK, We finally agee on somthing. As long as they are fair,unbiased and let the games be played instead of the officials determining the out come of the game. Officials must control the game for safety reasons. :'(

[quote name="BigDaddy1" post="1029336" timestamp="1311963675"]
[quote author=Bone Daddy link=topic=86033.msg1029327#msg1029327 date=1311961337]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86033.msg1028402#msg1028402 date=1311710395]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=86033.msg1028400#msg1028400 date=1311709879]
What is the status of the 2 Beaumont ref chapters merging? Are yall going to get it done this summer?
[/quote]

From what I hear, not going to happen.

Would like to hear from those two on this subject.
[/quote]AAW, after talking to Bob, it sounds like the TASO chapter has done all they can but to no avail.
[/quote]Boone Daddy, you have recieved some false information from who ever Bob is. here are some facts. I have talked to some members of the Beaumont UIL Chapter board  and here is what i was told. On July 11th,2011, the Beaumont UIL Chapter board members, the Deep East Texas TASO chapter board members,several area head basketball coaches and [color=red][i][b]a representative from the state UIL office attended a meeting at the Carol Thomas Center[/b][/i][/color] to see what it would take to bring the 2 chapters back togather.This meeting was requested by the head basketball coaches from around the area.After a lot of discussion by all involved the coaches suggested that the boards from both chapters be dismantled and a new board be formed with with no board members from the present boards (Beaumont or Deep East Texas) be allowed to serve on the new board for at least 2 years. That was one of the reasons the chapters spilt,because board members from each chapter had personality problems.The Beaumont UIL Board agreed to this suggestion if thats what it would take to bring the chapters back togather. The Deep East Texas TASO board rejected this suggestion and has not given a reason why they refused to go along with this proposal.The UIL Chapter said they have done everything they can do to bring the chapters back togather, but the TASO chapter has not been willing to do so. Mr. Bob need to check on facts. ::)
[/quote]

Do you care to retract your last statement?

[quote name="BigDaddy1" post="1035970" timestamp="1313463860"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=86033.msg1035668#msg1035668 date=1313417513]
BISD had the biggest part in organizing this meeting not TASO chapter.
[/quote] ::) Never said TASO chapter organized meeting. I was told the coaches that use the TASO chapter asked to have this meeting. :o
[/quote]"Never said TASO chapter organized meeting. [color=red]I was told [/color] the coaches that use the TASO chapter asked to have this meeting."
"100% Wrong Lt. Dangle. Coach English Of Nederland Asked Coach Saveat Of Ozen to help him contact area coaches about the meeting. [color=red]That.s what UIL officials were told.[/color]"
I mean Big Daddy, these two comments from you above lead us to believe that you have been told quite a lot on this matter but really have not gotten any 1st hand information yet.  

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1037719" timestamp="1313785371"]
Maybe we can have a meeting of the two league's top people on a sports extra episode and let the viewers see whats up....
[/quote]PoppaBearstarr, Again I agree with you. I am sure the UIL top brass will be all for it and I am also sure the TASO top brass will refuse  this ideal. The truth will certainly come out on this sports episode for all the viewers to see. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami