Best Coaching Staff?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Rizon" post="1021991" timestamp="1309576673"]
Things are dead during the summer so I thought this would be fun. Name top 3 or 5.

[b][color=red]If you don't have something good to say about a school or staff, then please...don't say it[/color][/b].
[/quote][quote author=bcsportsdad link=topic=85395.msg1023568#msg1023568 date=1310297002]
Sure not the one in Bridge City!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote][b][/b]

I guess you missed the last part of Rizon's post.

[quote name="bcsportsdad" post="1023568" timestamp="1310297002"]
[/quote]

A disgruntled softball "daddy".

"My daughter is the greatest athlete in Bridge City's history, and it's the coaches fault why we lose and spoil my daughter's hall of fame career". ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1023766" timestamp="1310398594"]
[quote author=bcsportsdad link=topic=85395.msg1023568#msg1023568 date=1310297002]
[/quote]

A disgruntled softball "daddy".

"My daughter is the greatest athlete in Bridge City's history, and it's the coaches fault why we lose and spoil my daughter's hall of fame career". ::)
[/quote]

Support for BC Coach all day long!!!  Wish more "daddy" understood this game!!!  ;).  When you have a great program and support at your school it's pretty easy to be a "Best Coach" wouldn't you say Rizon!!!

PNG, LCM, NED, HF, BC, Silsbee (all which support this sport and it shows). Good luck this season!!!!!

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1027148" timestamp="1311290148"]
1) Barbers Hill
2) Bridge City
3) Anahuac (If they get HCA's former head coach Karry Hess)
4) C E King
5) PNG
[/quote]
How can Ce King make this list when they finished next to last in their district last year?

[quote name="zippy" post="1027407" timestamp="1311357344"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=85395.msg1027148#msg1027148 date=1311290148]
1) Barbers Hill
2) Bridge City
3) Anahuac (If they get HCA's former head coach Karry Hess)
4) C E King
5) PNG
[/quote]
How can Ce King make this list when they finished next to last in their district last year?
[/quote]

That whole list is not very valid after BH. I can see putting BC and PNG in there but not where they are ranked...not a very accurate list imo.

Its not about records, wins ,losses and rankings,its about what the coaches do for the students.Anahauc may get a person that the kids can trust.  With that trust, a coach that knows how to develope them into players  will produce wins.Its still not known if Anahuac will hire Coach Hess.
 As far as CE King's coach,last year was her first year at King.She made alot of progress with those girls by gaining they're trust.Yes that is a tuff district in volleyball but I believe she can turn that program around.
Maybe the topic needs to be "What coaches have more talent and wins than the rest?"

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1027565" timestamp="1311429805"]
Its not about records, wins ,losses and rankings,its about what the coaches do for the students.Anahauc may get a person that the kids can trust.  With that trust, a coach that knows how to develope them into players  will produce wins.Its still not known if Anahuac will hire Coach Hess.
 As far as CE King's coach,last year was her first year at King.She made alot of progress with those girls by gaining they're trust.Yes that is a tuff district in volleyball but I believe she can turn that program around.
Maybe the topic needs to be "What coaches have more talent and wins than the rest?"
[/quote]

I agree that these things are make a great coaching staff. However, let's give the CE King coach a little more time to see the impact she has and I don't believe you can put Anahuac there if you are saying they are only there if they get that coach. Let them get the coach and see what happens from there. This is just my opinion...thanks for your list.

[quote name="bcsportsdad" post="1027860" timestamp="1311554056"]
AGGIES R WE DONT MAKE ME DRIVE TO SILSBEE AND KICK YOUR butt
[/quote]

I was hoping this was a joke, but it looks like it may not be.  In that case the following rules were violated with this post:

"4) Keep it civil! You can make your point much more attractive to others by remaining calm and intelligent. You will be banned for flaming or attacking another member!! We will not tolerate abuse upon another member."

"8 ) Do not make racial or abusive comments"

"17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. No abuse or disrespect of any of the admins or moderators will be tolerated"

Also, given that a threat of violence was made.  This can not be tolerated.  You get a week off this time...next time you do it...it is permanent!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bcsportsdad" post="1027860" timestamp="1311554056"]
[/quote]

Wow!  In caps, no less. :o

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1029265" timestamp="1311945992"]
Ill remove Anahauc from my list,seems to me that schools are leaning for more youthful coaches and teachers than the older more experienced ones.

[/quote]

Wow, samething is going on in the corporate world also except they keep bringing the older more experienced ones back because the young ones don't know anything. ;D

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1027890" timestamp="1311564015"]
[quote author=bcsportsdad link=topic=85395.msg1027860#msg1027860 date=1311554056]
[/quote]

I was hoping this was a joke, but it looks like it may not be.  In that case the following rules were violated with this post:

"4) Keep it civil! You can make your point much more attractive to others by remaining calm and intelligent. You will be banned for flaming or attacking another member!! We will not tolerate abuse upon another member."

"8 ) Do not make racial or abusive comments"

"17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. No abuse or disrespect of any of the admins or moderators will be tolerated"

Also, given that a threat of violence was made.  This can not be tolerated.  You get a week off this time...next time you do it...it is permanent!
[/quote]

So did AAW not break rule #4 with his comment that provoked the other persons comments? I have tried asking this question through pm's but I'm not getting an answer.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1029343" timestamp="1311964286"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=85395.msg1029265#msg1029265 date=1311945992]
Ill remove Anahauc from my list,seems to me that schools are leaning for more youthful coaches and teachers than the older more experienced ones.

[/quote]

Who did Anahuac hire?
[/quote]
  Not sure but they need to get off their inexperienced duff and schedule some games.

It is pretty obvious the "little schools" just get looked over, but when it comes to naming a good Coaching Staff I have to give it to The Hardin Lady Hornets Staff.  They do an outstanding job with the girls program in Hardin and you can look at their record and it shows  :)
Good Luck Lady Hornets and Coaches!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder