19-4A All-district Teams

I paid the $1.99-

The coaches of District 19-4A released their all-district, all-academic and players of the year picks on Monday and the Patriots were awarded for their superior play. Goose Creek coach Chris Rupp was named the 19-4A Coach of the Year.

Goose Creek pitcher and first baseman Chance Czerwonka, junior, along with Robert E. Lee pitcher and shortstop Reed Seeley, senior, each earned District 19-4A MVP awards while Goose Creek center fielder Price Jacobs, senior, claimed the district Offensive-Player-of-the-Year honor.

Crosby’s standout pitcher Jeremy Gabryszwski, senior, was named the district Defensive Player of the Year as Crosby’s Trey Hagin, junior, and Goose Creek’s Brigham Rushing, sophomore, were both named 19-4A Newcomer of the Year.

First Team All-District

Pitchers

Grayson Long, junior, Barbers Hill; Billy Upshaw, senior, Crosby; Efren Garcia, senior, Galena Park; and Mike Martinez, junior, Goose Creek Memorial

Outfielders

Kody Thompson, junior, Barbers Hill; Gage Larkin, senior, Crosby; Deion Miller, senior, Lee; and Brandon Rhoden, senior, Goose Creek Memorial

Utility

Dalton Going, senior, Goose Creek Memorial

Designated Hitter

Matt King, senior, Barbers Hill

First Base

Blake Bonnin, junior, Barbers Hill

Second Base

Christian Valverde, senior, Lee

Shortstop

Albert Rios, senior, Galena Park

Third Base

Rushing, sophomore, Goose Creek Memorial

Catcher

Logan Daniels, sophomore, Dayton

Second Team All-District

Pitchers

Dylan Kolarik, senior, Dayton; Michael Gomez, junior, Lee

Outfielders

Tyler Newcomb, junior, Barbers Hill; Willie Hebert, senior, Crosby; and Bryce Armstrong, sophomore, Dayton

Utility

Drew Walker, junior, Dayton

Designated Hitter

Marc Witt, sophomore, Lee

First Base

John Hernandez, senior, Galena Park

Second Base

Nick Allen, junior, C.E. King; and Alex Gonzalez, junior, Goose Creek Memorial

Shortstop

Manuel Galvan, junior, Goose Creek Memorial

Third Base

Eric Robinson, junior, Crosby

Catcher

Tyler Beasley, sophomore, Barbers Hill

At Large

Wesley Jones, junior, Crosby; Brian Spears, senior, C.E. King; and Emmanuel Torres, senior, Lee

Honorable Mention

Kyle Leggett, junior, and David Wood, senior, of Barbers Hill; Zane Harber, senior, and Brandon Taylor, senior, of Crosby; Chance Enerson, junior, and Brad Sowell of Dayton; Andrew Valencia, senior, and Tyler Wilson, senior, of Goose Creek Memorial; Jeremy Rice and Thane Jones of C.E. King; Anthony Yrlas, senior, and Hunter Waldie, junior, of Lee; and Earl Luckett III and Ramico Medrano of North Forest

Academic All-District

*Not all names were provided for the academic all-district team.

Kolarik, Daniels, Enerson, David Graham, senior, and Alex Cepeda of Dayton; Garcia and Rios of Galena Park; Jacobs and Going of Goose Creek Memorial Seeley, Valverde, Waldie and Wier of Lee; Juan Garcia, sophomore, Claiborne Jones, junior, and Quaylen Dickerson, senior, of North Forest; Carson Asbury, pitcher; David Wood, pitcher; and Kaleb Denny, infielder of Barbers Hill

[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="1011880" timestamp="1305648573"]
I paid the $1.99-

First Team All-District

Pitchers

Grayson Long, junior, Barbers Hill; Billy Upshaw, senior, Crosby; Efren Garcia, senior, Galena Park; and Mike Martinez, junior, Goose Creek Memorial

Outfielders

Kody Thompson, junior, Barbers Hill; Gage Larkin, senior, Crosby; Deion Miller, senior, Lee; and Brandon Rhoden, senior, Goose Creek Memorial

Utility

Dalton Going, senior, Goose Creek Memorial

Designated Hitter

Matt King, senior, Barbers Hill

First Base

Blake Bonnin, junior, Barbers Hill

Second Base

Christian Valverde, senior, Lee

Shortstop

Albert Rios, senior, Galena Park

Third Base

Rushing, sophomore, Goose Creek Memorial

Catcher

Logan Daniels, sophomore, Dayton

Second Team All-District

Pitchers

Dylan Kolarik, senior, Dayton; Michael Gomez, junior, Lee

Outfielders

Tyler Newcomb, junior, Barbers Hill; Willie Hebert, senior, Crosby; and Bryce Armstrong, sophomore, Dayton

Utility

Drew Walker, junior, Dayton

Designated Hitter

Marc Witt, sophomore, Lee

First Base

John Hernandez, senior, Galena Park

Second Base

Nick Allen, junior, C.E. King; and Alex Gonzalez, junior, Goose Creek Memorial

Shortstop

Manuel Galvan, junior, Goose Creek Memorial

Third Base

Eric Robinson, junior, Crosby

Catcher

Tyler Beasley, sophomore, Barbers Hill

At Large

Wesley Jones, junior, Crosby; Brian Spears, senior, C.E. King; and Emmanuel Torres, senior, Lee

Honorable Mention

Kyle Leggett, junior, and David Wood, senior, of Barbers Hill; Zane Harber, senior, and Brandon Taylor, senior, of Crosby; Chance Enerson, junior, and Brad Sowell of Dayton; Andrew Valencia, senior, and Tyler Wilson, senior, of Goose Creek Memorial; Jeremy Rice and Thane Jones of C.E. King; Anthony Yrlas, senior, and Hunter Waldie, junior, of Lee; and Earl Luckett III and Ramico Medrano of North Forest

Academic All-District

*Not all names were provided for the academic all-district team.

Kolarik, Daniels, Enerson, David Graham, senior, and Alex Cepeda of Dayton; Garcia and Rios of Galena Park; Jacobs and Going of Goose Creek Memorial Seeley, Valverde, Waldie and Wier of Lee; Juan Garcia, sophomore, Claiborne Jones, junior, and Quaylen Dickerson, senior, of North Forest; Carson Asbury, pitcher; David Wood, pitcher; and Kaleb Denny, infielder of Barbers Hill

[/quote]

haha Thanks!
Congrats to all the BH boys!

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1012198" timestamp="1305726805"]
Glad to see Daniels from Dayton as 1st team catcher----great job behind the plate and swings a mean bat as well
[/quote]

I got the Daniels kid an invite to Houston Heat tryouts. Kid had a great showing. He was one of 22 players out of 120+ selected.
Do I know talent or what, Diamond J  ;D

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1012210" timestamp="1305729259"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=84362.msg1012198#msg1012198 date=1305726805]
Glad to see Daniels from Dayton as 1st team catcher----great job behind the plate and swings a mean bat as well
[/quote]

I got the Daniels kid an invite to Houston Heat tryouts. Kid had a great showing. He was one of 22 players out of 120+ selected.
[/quote]You certainly do----of course you have had the opportunity to see talent up close for a few years now!

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1012223" timestamp="1305731853"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=84362.msg1012210#msg1012210 date=1305729259]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=84362.msg1012198#msg1012198 date=1305726805]
[/quote]

[/quote]You certainly do----of course you have had the opportunity to see talent up close for a few years now!
[/quote]

Thanks. I will call you this afternoon...need my Frank update.  ;)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1012325" timestamp="1305763653"]
Congrats to all ;D Glad to see "BAD" Brad Sowell on the honorable mention ;D The kid is a freshman ;)
[/quote]He had a great year---if the Broncos had placed a little higher I thought he had a shot at Newcomer of the Year----the future is bright

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder