Russ Sutherland named East Chambers Head Coach/Athletic Director

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1008879" timestamp="1305147593"]
Could not agree with you more Riding Solo.... ;)

What is going on at Orangefield with Coach Huckabay is an embarrassment to the school and community. When he was hired he was very clear to the board, parents and students as to who he was and what he stood for and now he is being “beat up” for sticking to his word. For those of you who don’t remember, Coach Huckabay, had numerous parent meetings and in fact all athletes were required to have a parent attend. At those meetings he gave out a rulebook and stated his belief that participating in school sports was a privilege earned by hard work, discipline and following the rules and now that he has actually kept his word and enforced those beliefs he is paying the price. Coach Huckabay turned boys into men and helped make them mentally tough and it carried over to the football field and that is why we were more successful than previous years. Surely people can understand that….
[/quote]

Dam good post. I know, I know we are getting off the subject. ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest incognito123
[quote name="speechless" post="1008791" timestamp="1305131101"]
[quote]Question, why would a AD/HC of a 4A school in Lake Charles want a 2A job in a small town like Winnie?

How do these two jobs compare? Salary, ect.?[/quote]

He can retire in Louisiana

He has always wanted to work in Texas

He knows how great EC is from his brother having worked there

Check...he has been trying to get in Texas for a while...he was also about to get offered the Jasper job before Thomas Brooks entered the picture on his last go around
[/quote]

Answer me this.  If he has always wanted to work in Texas and he is as great as everyone says he is, then why hasn't he worked here yet?  I've said it before adn I'll say it again, If EC hires him over Foreman, and Huckaby, they will be making a mistake they will regret for years.

Guest tamulonghorn
he was offered the ec job the last two times it was open and he turned it down for fear of making a financial mistake retirement wise in louisiana

since you are so certain huckabay and foreman would be better pleaae tell me what you know about sutherland that makes him the wrong fit?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="incognito123" post="1008889" timestamp="1305149380"]
I've said it before adn I'll say it again, [b]If EC hires him over Foreman, and Huckaby, they will be making a mistake they will regret for years.[/b][/quote]

I totally agree!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="tamulonghorn" post="1008891" timestamp="1305149712"]
since you are so certain huckabay and foreman would be better pleaae tell me what you know about sutherland that makes him the wrong fit?
[/quote]

For the record, I'll support the new coach and the Bucs regardless who the hire is. With that in mind, clearly, just because some candidates have subtantially better resumes' and experiences, doesn't make the other guy (RS)  inherently "wrong". Not at all.

I am sure Sutherland is a great guy and coach, but look at him vs. Huckaby (who knows 2A ball like no one else) and who had an incredible run at 2A Paul Pewitt, I would hire Huckaby in a heartbeat. Huckaby also has a program the develops great [i]young men[/i]. Huckaby is THE best choice, buy hey, I'm just a lowly EC taxpayer, so what do I know? LOL!  :D      

[quote name="Rizon" post="1008910" timestamp="1305155625"]
Don't really know anything about any of these guys but if I offered a job to someone twice and they turned it down both times, I don't think I would offer it to them again.
[/quote]
He was a finalist the last two times.  I don't believe he was offered the job either time.  I do not personally know any of these guys but feel that all of them are probably pretty darn good coaches.  Hopefully we will get the best one whichever that one is and they will support all sports and take us to the next level in the football playoffs!!

I'm sure NO ONE has asked Huck to leave, but I know for sure certain people are trying to run him off...what a great loss for OF that would be!!!!  I'm so sick of parents making it all about themselves...GROW UP!!!!!!  The kids needs to play sports because they enjoy playing...not for their parents.  If kids can't have moral character & make the grades, then they need to get out of athletics!!  Let Huck stay in OF....he's the best coach we've had in years!!!!

I don't knnow who EC will hire. There are certainilly good candidates that applied. I believe coach Foreman would want the job to get head coaching experience and for him hopefully get offered the WOS head coaching job 5 or so years down the road when or if coach Thompson leaves WOS. EC is a good school district with a good winning record in football. It would be a great job for coach Foreman. Aslo coach Huchaby is a great coach. I am not sure why he put in for the job being that it is a smaller school. Perhaps he is looking for a raise. Can't blame him there. Maybe Orangefield will up his salary a little if he stays.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="tamulonghorn" post="1008924" timestamp="1305159326"]
u ec people that dont want sutherland might as well go ahead and start changing ur tune
[/quote]

Your probably right. However, just the fact that two more finalists were added, at least indicates the [i]appearance [/i] papers are not signed yet. The "powers that be" still have the opportunity to make the best choice, rather than the "prearranged" choice. Like someone earlier said, if the BEST choice is not made, EC could regret it for years to come.      

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="1008921" timestamp="1305158505"]
Just for the record, no one in OF has asked Huck to leave or anything of that nature so not sure what is being said but that is the farthest from the truth.  If he is leaving it is because he has made that decision not anyone else.
[/quote]

Really, if he made that decision than it was because people want him out. Why would he want to leave? Every coach that as ever coached there said the kids are awesome and work harder than most. Plain and simple it is the parents. They are a joke. The best thing for their kids is in front of their face and they can't even see it. You included "Wildcatter".

[quote name="stardt" post="1008926" timestamp="1305159657"]
I'm sure NO ONE has asked Huck to leave, but I know for sure certain people are trying to run him off...what a great loss for OF that would be!!!!  I'm so sick of parents making it all about themselves...GROW UP!!!!!!  The kids needs to play sports because they enjoy playing...not for their parents.  If kids can't have moral character & make the grades, then they need to get out of athletics!!  Let Huck stay in OF....he's the best coach we've had in years!!!!
[/quote]

Awesome Post, I love it.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="1008964" timestamp="1305164889"]
I believe coach Foreman would want the job to get head coaching experience and for him hopefully get offered the WOS head coaching job 5 or so years down the road when or if coach Thompson leaves WOS. [/quote]

Thats the only concern with TF. The way people speak so highly of him here indicates he would be a great head coach somewhere. The drawback is he would be "WOS coach-in-waiting" wherever he goes. Conversely, Huck would probably be looking for a permanent stay. I fear EC is going to miss out on Huck.   

Guest speechless
[quote]Your probably right. However, just the fact that two more finalists were added, at least indicates the appearance papers are not signed yet. The "powers that be" still have the opportunity to make the best choice, rather than the "prearranged" choice. Like someone earlier said, if the BEST choice is not made, EC could regret it for years to come. [/quote]

So ECBucFan...you can tell the future?  You are basing your opinions of candidates based on what people on a message board say?  Seriously?  Probably a good thing people like you are not making the decisions in Winnie.

[quote name="speechless" post="1009107" timestamp="1305204352"]
[quote]Your probably right. However, just the fact that two more finalists were added, at least indicates the appearance papers are not signed yet. The "powers that be" still have the opportunity to make the best choice, rather than the "prearranged" choice. Like someone earlier said, if the BEST choice is not made, EC could regret it for years to come. [/quote]

So ECBucFan...you can tell the future?  You are basing your opinions of candidates based on what people on a message board say?  Seriously?  Probably a good thing people like you are not making the decisions in Winnie.
[/quote]

As for ECBucFan, you can rest assured that he had used anything but message board posts to come up with his opinions.  The people of Winnie could do a lot worse than having "people like him" making the decisions in Winnie.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1009097" timestamp="1305203102"]
Fellas, it's a done deal...you can stop talking about this guy or that guy...it's already done.
[/quote]

I would hope so, the meeting to hire the candidate is tonight, isn't it?

Guest wackpack
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1009139" timestamp="1305207471"]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=84127.msg1009097#msg1009097 date=1305203102]
Fellas, it's a done deal...you can stop talking about this guy or that guy...it's already done.
[/quote]

I would hope so, the meeting to hire the candidate is tonight, isn't it?
[/quote] been done for weeks now ....sit back and watch

Guest speechless
so WOSgrad you concur that hiring Sutherland over Foreman or Huckabay will be a mistake that EC will regret for years?

it really is amazing the lack of intelligence and knowledge that is thrown around

[quote name="speechless" post="1009170" timestamp="1305210512"]
so WOSgrad you concur that hiring Sutherland over Foreman or Huckabay will be a mistake that EC will regret for years?

[b]it really is amazing the lack of intelligence and knowledge that is thrown around[/b]
[/quote]

Yep, lot's of "bias" around here. ;)

I can't speak for Grad, but I do not think his statements were in agreement with what ECBucfan stated, but to respond to your comments about messageboards.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder