Nederland vs. Barbers Hill Game 1 Thread/Barbers Hill leads series 1-0!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1006426" timestamp="1304648892"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=83947.msg1006420#msg1006420 date=1304648609]
Before everyone gets on here griping about the ump, he gave both teams a few inches off the outside of the plate all night.  Nederland had 2 hits. You don't win many games like that.

They need to hit the ball better at BH tomorrow.
[/quote]

Nice try, Mack, but I fear your words will go unheaded.
[/quote]

Not unheaded...Phat's always been straight up. This series is far from over.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1006477" timestamp="1304652655"]
Didn't really matter if Smith or Duplant pitched, Dogs just didn't hit the ball. It's a series, Dogs will have to score runs tomorrow to get to Saturday.

I look for Barbers Hill to save their No.1 till Saturday if needed.
[/quote]
why not throw your number one on his own mound that he practices on everyday. BH closes series out tomorow if smith still isn't throwing. His throw from third to first wasn't pretty...
Let's go eagles! Playoff time

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1006477" timestamp="1304652655"]
Didn't really matter if Smith or Duplant pitched, Dogs just didn't hit the ball. It's a series, Dogs will have to score runs tomorrow to get to Saturday.

I look for Barbers Hill to save their No.1 till Saturday if needed.
[/quote]
Sure it matters...not having your #1 or #2 pitchers makes a difference. I also believe playing on the terrible turf at Lamar hurt them. BH had at least 3 infield hits. Your infielders cant stay back and wait, they have to attack the ball, and they did not. Ned has a battle coming back from this, they can do it, but its going to be tough.
On another note, the home plate umpire was terrible, for both sides. No consistency in a strike zone, not vocal at all and really was just a bad umpire, especially for a playoff game. Do the umps have to qualify for the playoffs? This guy needs to stay in T-ball.

Guest Ranger83
Come on now. That turff was crappy for both teams. Ned just did not get the job done at the plate. Give the young Eagles some credit.
The Dawgs have their work cut out for them.

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1006493" timestamp="1304654496"]
Come on now. That turff was crappy for both teams. Ned just did not get the job done at the plate. Give the young Eagles some credit.
The Dawgs have their work cut out for them.

[/quote]
Yep...I agree, same turf for both teams, but the Ned fielders didnt get the job done. Congrats to BH, you got the job done. Had the routine plays been made by Ned, 2 runs would have been enough.

[quote name="HSB&Rangers" post="1006495" timestamp="1304654770"]
Umps don't have to qualify. The coaches pick the umps. It is typically a split crew from the two chapters that call for the two teams during the regular season.
[/quote]Unless things have changed they DON'T pick m, they do have an option to scratch m tho, I've never understood why you don't see the best the Asso has to offer.

Guest COTY_MA
Nice Job B.H.  Pitching was great for both teams. I agree, Blue behind the plate was tough.... The Hill outplayed the Dogs tonight all around... Way to go Eagles !!!  Finish it up on THE HILL tomorrow night !!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1006524" timestamp="1304668339"]
Crappy turf???? You actually get a true bounce on it and it's an easier infield to play on. Field turf or Olympia Turf isn't like the old AstroTurf.
[/quote]

The bottom line is that it plays the same for both teams. Crappy or Not Crappy.

I really do not think Ned's defense was the problem. Most of the players from Ned have played at that stadium before, therefore, the turf was a non-issue.

The only problem with the turf that I saw was it jumping up and tripping a bh runner between second and third......and also breaking our shortstops belt on a diving attempt...... I've never seen that before.....

Great win Eagles! Completely outplayed a team most thought you couldn't compete with. Great pitching from Thames, Thompson, & Leggett keeping Nederland off balance all night. I can only remember a couple of hard hit balls and they were both foul. Things are looking good with Long on the mound tonight! Good luck!

You still dont get it.....you are correct in that the turf played the same for both teams, but, BH made the adjustments, Ned did not. I have to assume you dont win a tough district by allowing 3 infield singles on routine ground balls. You are also correct in that Ned did not get the hits when they needed them.
The whole point of the original post was, if Ned pitches their #1 or #2, BH doesnt put as many balls in play, the Ned infield doesnt have to make the plays it could not make.............And yes, all you Lamar lovers, that turf is SLOW. It is true, but it is slow.

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1006547" timestamp="1304687905"]
You still dont get it.....you are correct in that the turf played the same for both teams, but, BH made the adjustments, Ned did not. I have to assume you dont win a tough district by allowing 3 infield singles on routine ground balls. You are also correct in that Ned did not get the hits when they needed them.
The whole point of the original post was, if Ned pitches their #1 or #2, BH doesnt put as many balls in play, the Ned infield doesnt have to make the plays it could not make.............And yes, all you Lamar lovers, that turf is SLOW. It is true, but it is slow.
[/quote]
Then why didnt the coach throw them? BH threw there #3 #5 then #4(IMO).... they got the job done.
Good job pitching and Good job Eagles. Bring it home!

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="1006548" timestamp="1304688080"]
[quote author=ntputter17 link=topic=83947.msg1006547#msg1006547 date=1304687905]
[/quote]
Then why didnt the coach throw them? BH threw there #3 #5 then #4(IMO).... they got the job done.
Good job pitching and Good job Eagles. Bring it home!
[/quote]
Medical issues on both......Not their fault and their health is much more important than a baseball score.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder