To All you Don Price Haters

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="1013527" timestamp="1306161155"]
Whatever!! My apologies to all you Richardson Lovers. Bottom line is he bettered the program and people hate on him for it!! Makes BH look bad when people hate on a winner!
[/quote]

Pudge Richardson was not the winningest coach either. Lloyd Kelly is the winningest coach in BH history.

I am NOT hating on Price. He was a good coach, and was a proven winner in all sports. I was, and still am, a huge fan of Price.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="1005625" timestamp="1304529799"]
track takes desire and god given talent.
football takes some skill and coaching
What was HF football record this year? ;D
[/quote]

No offense you know nothing about track.  Track takes desire and god given talent that is true, but it also takes GOOD coaching combined with talent and desire.

[quote name="Kris_Gilmore" post="1013841" timestamp="1306264175"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=83873.msg1005625#msg1005625 date=1304529799]
track takes desire and god given talent.
football takes some skill and coaching
What was HF football record this year? ;D
[/quote]

No offense you know nothing about track.  Track takes desire and god given talent that is true, but it also takes GOOD coaching combined with talent and desire.

No doubt that HF has a great track coach.  Funny to hear some say on here to GIVE him time that is what the boys basketball coach would have liked but that is another message board. Coach price is a regional director on the Texas High School Coaches Association so he is well respected in the coaching ranks.  I think he wants to build one more program before he rest and he may tell you that he bit off more than he can chew or as he likes to put it "you eat a elephant one bite at a time" HF is more like a heard of elephants with parents trying to tell you how to chew.
[/quote]

DoveHunter, I find it interesting you say the talent level at HF isn't that good, but you feel the HF BAsketball coach needed more time, I'm guessing thats what you believe.  He had more talent this year than previous seasons. Some coaches still don't know how to coach talent, no matter what sport. YOUR TURN!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1013879" timestamp="1306271069"]
DoveHunter, I find it interesting you say the talent level at HF isn't that good, but you feel the HF BAsketball coach needed more time, I'm guessing thats what you believe.  He had more talent this year than previous seasons. Some coaches still don't know how to coach talent, no matter what sport. YOUR TURN!

[/quote]
Blue Dove from what I understand you were so happy with the hiring that you missed the meet and greet.  You spend a lot of time on here asking about the HF spring basketball team and your kids do not play on it.  I am sure the talent at HF has grown exponential since your son and the used car salesman son rolled into high school.  Every coach and system takes time to develop, so you giving the new coach until game three or four before you remind the SETX faithful how you won all those national titles in little dribblers and how it is time for change again?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1013835" timestamp="1306262990"]
And its not all the blame on the new head coach at HF. He's working with what he's got to work with at HF. GIVE him a chance and time to see what he can do.
[/quote]

Well from past indications Price should have this year and maybe next year only to prove something or he will be forced to "retire" again by powers to be, and HF will start all over again, either way HF will have another AD/FB coach in a year or 2 because thats is what they do and will do till they realize there coaching cannot make up for unequal talent and nonaccountability of the kids and parents in the community. They should have known  when they hired Price out of "retirement" he wasn't going to be around very long.

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="1013991" timestamp="1306327809"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83873.msg1013879#msg1013879 date=1306271069]

[/quote]
Blue Dove from what I understand you were so happy with the hiring that you missed the meet and greet.  You spend a lot of time on here asking about the HF spring basketball team and your kids do not play on it.  I am sure the talent at HF has grown exponential since your son and the used car salesman son rolled into high school.  Every coach and system takes time to develop, so you giving the new coach until game three or four before you remind the SETX faithful how you won all those national titles in little dribblers and how it is time for change again?
[/quote]hmm!  You sounding kinda personal...Your son or you were a player on the team?????? hmmmm? The things I am hearing about the new coach sounds good. DISCIPLINE! My kids don't play because they the summer is for resting, sleeping, video games, etc.

Blue - It is hard to understand your position on HF??  You are on this board a good amount of the time and during basketball it was your opinions on what the coach did to lose the games.  Now it can and has been said that your voice was one that was heard and the HF admin decided a change in leadership was needed.  You inquire what qualities and who may have those qualities for coaching your children, no harm in that.  The problem starts when you get blind sided with the hiring of a girls coach.  Your mood seems to have changed and now it is all about how you can not make the meet and greet, which we all were holding our breath that you would attend.  We here mama makes a mean spinach dip!  Now it is all about discipline, and that starts at home, your talented sons play year round, have a personal trainer and have a high IQ.  So the other two starters need the discipline and maybe mine will have just enough to make you happy.  Because the two and a half men that are starting next season have the tools and talent to win district.

[quote name="fisherking" post="1014086" timestamp="1306348144"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83873.msg1013835#msg1013835 date=1306262990]
And its not all the blame on the new head coach at HF. He's working with what he's got to work with at HF. GIVE him a chance and time to see what he can do.
[/quote]

Well from past indications Price should have this year and maybe next year only to prove something or he will be forced to "retire" again by powers to be, and HF will start all over again, either way HF will have another AD/FB coach in a year or 2 because thats is what they do and will do till they realize there coaching cannot make up for unequal talent and nonaccountability of the kids and parents in the community. They should have known  when they hired Price out of "retirement" he wasn't going to be around very long.
[/quote]
You may be on to something King, I think he wants to leave one last mark in athletics but parents writing notes to get kids out of UOS is and has always been the issue.  Wish parents could take a tour of the other schools and see how hard a athlete must prepare for success.

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="1014101" timestamp="1306351893"]
Blue - It is hard to understand your position on HF??  You are on this board a good amount of the time and during basketball it was your opinions on what the coach did to lose the games.  Now it can and has been said that your voice was one that was heard and the HF admin decided a change in leadership was needed.  You inquire what qualities and who may have those qualities for coaching your children, no harm in that.  The problem starts when you get blind sided with the hiring of a girls coach.  Your mood seems to have changed and now it is all about how you can not make the meet and greet, which we all were holding our breath that you would attend.  We here mama makes a mean spinach dip!  Now it is all about discipline, and that starts at home, your talented sons play year round, have a personal trainer and have a high IQ.  So the other two starters need the discipline and maybe mine will have just enough to make you happy.  Because the two and a half men that are starting next season have the tools and talent to win district.
[/quote]It does not bother me he has been coaching girl's basketball.
It probably would bother me more if he played with them. But I meant discipline in regards to the sport. Hustle, learning the game, weightlifting, running, in the gym, etc. My wife does make Spanish Dip. TWo PlAyers can't win a game alone. Hmmmmm?

[quote name="fisherking" post="1014086" timestamp="1306348144"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83873.msg1013835#msg1013835 date=1306262990]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not exactly sure who you are, but I thought I recognized your name. I did a little checking and I saw a lot of posting you did when HF was hiring a new AD.  Then when someone said you were Mangan there was suddenly someone with the name of kingfisher taking your back. Seems a little fishy...haha..to me. Wha'ts your beef? You an old AD or coach there?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine