Next WO-S Head Football Coach.....COACH THOMPSON IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name="SKINS" post="998984" timestamp="1303132748"]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=82860.msg998901#msg998901 date=1303093318]
who ever gets this job will never i said never fill dan hooks shoes. wos is going to be lost for a long time i said the same thing about newton when coach barbay passed. you can say what u want these are legends in texas high school football. good luck coach who ever it is.
[/quote]
I read this post to a close friend of mine that has just finished 4 years of playing for WO-S, and in his exact words, " Coach hooks has barely done anything since his surgery, he has been more of a figurehead."
[/quote] WO-S will not lose a beat if Coach Thompson is hired.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mustangproud" post="998889" timestamp="1303091603"]
You guys are really pathetic. The statements are laughable. Now Lcm is going to be a powerhouse because of some mass exitous from Wos because they would be upset cause Thompson didn't get the job lol. Most of these players didn't like to play for Crouch when he was at Wos, they sure aren't going to follow him to a losing team. These kids grew up dreaming of being a Mustang. I can assure you that many players have been asked about this and most say the same thing and that is they don't care who the coach is,they just want to play ball. So these statements you are making
are totally ridiculous and wishful thinking. If
anything, alot of players might come back.
Another thing, intimidation tactics no longer
work in this country, it just pisses people off and
it would end up hurting your candidate instead of
helping. Calling committee members and stating
me and other former Mustang's are keeping an eye on folks like you who obviously have a hidden agenda. Todd Broussard are you serious?  Is that yoa threat and who is folks like you?  Yes I called you out. Your gonna say something like this over the phone loud enough for this persons child to hear who's also a mustang player, then your gonna turn around and text this b.s. some of you are losing your minds and if coach T doesn't get the job, you can blame your self.  Kerry you participate in this foolishness, but when your talking to the committee members your totally different. Your in the media, you should know better then involving yourself in these intimidation tactics.  People calling other candidates, trying to intimidate them telling them to drop out is just wrong.  Most of you who are ranting don't even live in this area anymore so you can't do anything about any decision that is made other than cry like some little wimps ...grow up.
[/quote]

What in the world are you talking about? Who is intimidating who? And why insult people? What is wrong with you buddy? Most of us just want to see a man that deserves this job get it. I dont know what you are talking about when you say it will be Mustang fans' fault if CT doest get the job. Is there information that you know and not sharing? Maybe that would bring light to what you are saying. Just stop taking jabs at people on this board, and getting all upset. Need to chill out man.

Ok, nevermind I see now. Note to self....read the entire page before replying. lol

I will say this. If he is indeed Mr. Guillory, then his rant just validated ALL of the rumers about this so called "comittee"

I think everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath. Now that i know who people are, I understand the intense emotion. Erik and Todd, I agree and disagree with some of yalls points. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and thats the great thing about our country. However, i believe that taking the gloves off and fighting is not how CT would want this. This whole thing is dividing the WOS faithful and its sad. Why dont we just all calm down and let the process take place. We are Mustangs, and Hooks and CT taught us better. Lets try to mend relationships and not wear our hearts on our sleeves here. Ive done ALOT of thinking, now that i know who is who and what is what. I think, in the end, the right decision will be made and hopefully relationships that have gone sour can be reconcilled. you know, this is really about the kids, not you or me or any of us on this board. We need to watch what we say and do because those same kids read these boards. i think it would be for the best if we all just take it down a notch.

im hearing the incentive package will once again be available to the coaches after the hiring announcement is made because if someone from the outside is brought in he will be allowed to clean house and bring in his assistants. if the decision on t has been made why is the super making the coaches aware the incentive will be available???

im telling you guys, theres a hidden agenda here!

[quote name="Gabe" post="999101" timestamp="1303149275"]
Are we 100% sure that was coach crouch and mr. Guillory? Only say this to make sure the board does not see any legal troubles
[/quote]

As to whether that was actually Coach Crouch, I can only speculate.

As to Erick Guillory, there are things he references that I texted solely to him so I am certain that the post in question was authored by him.

[quote name="venom33" post="999096" timestamp="1303148143"]
im hearing the incentive package will once again be available to the coaches after the hiring announcement is made because if someone from the outside is brought in he will be allowed to clean house and bring in his assistants. if the decision on t has been made why is the super making the coaches aware the incentive will be available???

im telling you guys, theres a hidden agenda here!
[/quote]

venom, that conclusion is a reasonable one and could easily fit in the picture that I am seeing.  But I am going to try this positive spin thing.

Quite simply, different coaches have different opinions on who they want on their staff.  Simply because Coach Thompson was Coach Hooks' right hand man we shouldn't assume that they share the same views on coaching personnel.  Also, upon learning of the new HC/AD, regardless of that decision, some of the staff may feel it is in their best interest to coach elsewhere.  Either way, we should not assume that the staff in place for 2010-2011 will be the exact same staff in 2011-2012 even if Coach Thompson is named head coach.

There, I did it.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="998946" timestamp="1303098300"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=82860.msg998889#msg998889 date=1303091603]
You guys are really pathetic. The statements are laughable. Now Lcm is going to be a powerhouse because of some mass exitous from Wos because they would be upset cause Thompson didn't get the job lol. Most of these players didn't like to play for Crouch when he was at Wos, they sure aren't going to follow him to a losing team. These kids grew up dreaming of being a Mustang. I can assure you that many players have been asked about this and most say the same thing and that is they don't care who the coach is,they just want to play ball. So these statements you are making
me and other former Mustang's are keeping an eye on folks like you who obviously have a hidden agenda. Todd Broussard are you serious?  Is that yoa threat and who is folks like you?  Yes I called you out. Your gonna say something like this over the phone loud enough for this persons child to hear who's also a mustang player, then your gonna turn around and text this b.s. some of you are losing your minds and if coach T doesn't get the job, you can blame your self.  Kerry you participate in this foolishness, but when your talking to the committee members your totally different. Your in the media, you should know better then involving yourself in these intimidation tactics.  People calling other candidates, trying to intimidate them telling them to drop out is just wrong.  Most of you who are ranting don't even live in this area anymore so you can't do anything about any decision that is made other than cry like some little wimps ...grow up.
[/quote]

And ladies and gentlemen, here we have a member on the illustrious search committee, Erick Guillory.  Aggie, I have to do precious little in a post as by his one post here, Mr. Guillory has succeeded more than I could do in a 1000 in illustrating the concerns I have about the actions of this committee.  THIS is the type of individual that the superintendent has plucked out of the community to serve aside Hutcherson Hill, who I trust implicitly to engage in the search of the new head coach at WO-S and athletic director of the school district that I graduated from.  After this, there can be absolutely no dispute that any misgivings about the committee aren't reasonable.  I absolutely told you that people could lose jobs and board members could lose positions, that goes without saying.  It is a viewpoint that has, without prompting,been seen as a probably consequence by fans, coaches, school board members from neighboring districts and MOST IMPORTANTLY, taxpayers of the West Orange-Cove CISD. In fact, if I remember correctly in our discussion you yourself acknowledged that view.  As to me hollering, the only way your children heard my voice is if you put me on speakerphone as my wife who was but about 10 ft away could not hear our conversation, although I would doubtlessly be without blame if I started to raise my voice to your continued condescending admonitions to "listen and learn."  I guess that is how I should have known the conversation would go when your response to my original text to you in support of Coach Thompson received the response of "Y."

If Coach Thompson doesn't get the nod, it is on you.  As a supposed "friend" of Coach Thompson that you "needed" material to take to the rest of the committee because there are all of these candidates who had resumes better than Coach T.  And I will repeat now what I said then, if you as a lifelong resident of Orange (although, I understand not a 4 year student at West Orange-Stark as you found yourself transferring to that "losing" program over at Little Cypress-Mauriceville for SOME reason which is probably the reason JohnnyT60, a father of a pretty well known LC-M alumnus, was questioning your placement on the committee), could not make a sound case for Coach Thompson, that you weren't trying.  In fact, it was you that told me that people needed to "show love" to Coach Thompson because the members of the committee weren't seeing it.  Pardon me, I found THREE different facebook pages endorsing Coach Thompson as coach (and I apparently unlike you took the initiative to send those links to Mr. Colbert).  If you would have done your homework, you would have found it quite easy to show the committee the support of the community for Coach Thompson as you told me was the role provided you by Mr. Colbert.  PLEASE, don't give me the "if Coach T is not hired, it is your fault."  If by some happenstance, Coach Thompson does not get this job, it is because YOU committee members REFUSED to listen to the community and coaching fraternity who to a person, have endorsed Cornel Thompson as coach (even reportedly those candidates recruited by the committee to compete against his application).  And if you personally don't opt for Coach Thompson, then you just foster the belief held by many that you never actually supported Thompson and that while professing your support, you were looking for an excuse to oppose him.

And just exactly HOW can potential candidates be called? It sure hasn't been done by me. In fact, those candidates that I know to have been contacted by the committee are either through folks close to the candidate and in one case, you!  The freaking list of candidates hasn't been released! Nobody knows who the candidates are!  That is one thing that is fostering the belief that something is not on the up and up.  So any allegation that anyone has called a potential candidate, especially to try to intimidate him is an OUTRIGHT LIE, ERICK.  Although I must say that I am not surprised because that appears to be your reputation around Orange.  In fact, I should have gathered that as you proceeded to tell me this story about how the Orange Leader misquoted Mr. Colbert about the procedure and how an "apology" was going to printed.  I have checked the online version.  My parents in Orange have checked the print version. And ya' know what?  No retraction or notice of error!  Ya know why?  Because the Leader, and as I informed you, KOGT, both correctly quoted Mr. Colbert as to how the procedure would play out!  

And finally, the coup de gras, [b]"Most of you who are ranting don't even live in this area anymore so you can't do anything about any decision that is made other than cry like some little wimps."[/b]  This is really the language of an individual that I WOULD WANT to be involved in selecting a school district administrator.

God bless you, Erick!  Thanks to you, people who thought I was out of my mind now can finally get a glimpse of what I have been seeing.

BLESS YOU! BLESS YOU! BLESS YOU!
[/quote]

Okay, Todd try again, if you read my previous post, I've stated that I am a female and I'm not the only one that has heard your ignorance. So try again. Erick does not have time to come on this board, he has a job to do and he's going to do it. And yes, you are out of your mind. You are taking this situation farther than it needs to go and if you want to see who I really am, I can arrange a meeting with you when I'm in Orange.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="999136" timestamp="1303156363"]
all of this is a conspiracy i tell ya. yall just trying to beat the thread page count on my "How much does OU suck" thread.  :D
[/quote]

We could go on this pace for the next ten years and still not approach that.  But we may get to those PN-G/Barbers Hill threads. lol!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="998946" timestamp="1303098300"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=82860.msg998889#msg998889 date=1303091603]
[/quote]

And ladies and gentlemen, here we have a member on the illustrious search committee, Erick Guillory.  Aggie, I have to do precious little in a post as by his one post here, Mr. Guillory has succeeded more than I could do in a 1000 in illustrating the concerns I have about the actions of this committee.  THIS is the type of individual that the superintendent has plucked out of the community to serve aside Hutcherson Hill, who I trust implicitly to engage in the search of the new head coach at WO-S and athletic director of the school district that I graduated from.  After this, there can be absolutely no dispute that any misgivings about the committee aren't reasonable.  I absolutely told you that people could lose jobs and board members could lose positions, that goes without saying.  It is a viewpoint that has, without prompting,been seen as a probably consequence by fans, coaches, school board members from neighboring districts and MOST IMPORTANTLY, taxpayers of the West Orange-Cove CISD. In fact, if I remember correctly in our discussion you yourself acknowledged that view.  As to me hollering, the only way your children heard my voice is if you put me on speakerphone as my wife who was but about 10 ft away could not hear our conversation, although I would doubtlessly be without blame if I started to raise my voice to your continued condescending admonitions to "listen and learn."  I guess that is how I should have known the conversation would go when your response to my original text to you in support of Coach Thompson received the response of "Y."

If Coach Thompson doesn't get the nod, it is on you.  As a supposed "friend" of Coach Thompson that you "needed" material to take to the rest of the committee because there are all of these candidates who had resumes better than Coach T.  And I will repeat now what I said then, if you as a lifelong resident of Orange (although, I understand not a 4 year student at West Orange-Stark as you found yourself transferring to that "losing" program over at Little Cypress-Mauriceville for SOME reason which is probably the reason JohnnyT60, a father of a pretty well known LC-M alumnus, was questioning your placement on the committee), could not make a sound case for Coach Thompson, that you weren't trying.  In fact, it was you that told me that people needed to "show love" to Coach Thompson because the members of the committee weren't seeing it.  Pardon me, I found THREE different facebook pages endorsing Coach Thompson as coach (and I apparently unlike you took the initiative to send those links to Mr. Colbert).  If you would have done your homework, you would have found it quite easy to show the committee the support of the community for Coach Thompson as you told me was the role provided you by Mr. Colbert.  PLEASE, don't give me the "if Coach T is not hired, it is your fault."  If by some happenstance, Coach Thompson does not get this job, it is because YOU committee members REFUSED to listen to the community and coaching fraternity who to a person, have endorsed Cornel Thompson as coach (even reportedly those candidates recruited by the committee to compete against his application).  And if you personally don't opt for Coach Thompson, then you just foster the belief held by many that you never actually supported Thompson and that while professing your support, you were looking for an excuse to oppose him.

And just exactly HOW can potential candidates be called? It sure hasn't been done by me. In fact, those candidates that I know to have been contacted by the committee are either through folks close to the candidate and in one case, you!  The freaking list of candidates hasn't been released! Nobody knows who the candidates are!  That is one thing that is fostering the belief that something is not on the up and up.  So any allegation that anyone has called a potential candidate, especially to try to intimidate him is an OUTRIGHT LIE, ERICK.  Although I must say that I am not surprised because that appears to be your reputation around Orange.  In fact, I should have gathered that as you proceeded to tell me this story about how the Orange Leader misquoted Mr. Colbert about the procedure and how an "apology" was going to printed.  I have checked the online version.  My parents in Orange have checked the print version. And ya' know what?  No retraction or notice of error!  Ya know why?  Because the Leader, and as I informed you, KOGT, both correctly quoted Mr. Colbert as to how the procedure would play out!  

And finally, the coup de gras, [b]"Most of you who are ranting don't even live in this area anymore so you can't do anything about any decision that is made other than cry like some little wimps."[/b]  This is really the language of an individual that I WOULD WANT to be involved in selecting a school district administrator.

God bless you, Erick!  Thanks to you, people who thought I was out of my mind now can finally get a glimpse of what I have been seeing.

[/quote]
If you read my previous post you would know that I stated before that I am a female, so try again. Erick does not come on here. Many people have heard your hateful comments and it doesn't matter how they heard it, the bottom line is you said them. You are letting your emotions get the best of you and you are taking this somewhere that it doesn't need to go. If you want to know who I am I can arrange a meeting with you when I'm in Orange.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="999138" timestamp="1303156517"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82860.msg998946#msg998946 date=1303098300]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, Todd try again, if you read my previous post, I've stated that I am a female and I'm not the only one that has heard your ignorance. So try again. Erick does not have time to come on this board, he has a job to do and he's going to do it. And yes, you are out of your mind. You are taking this situation farther than it needs to go and if you want to see who I really am, I can arrange a meeting with you when I'm in Orange.
[/quote]

Hmm, yes. Right.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="999141" timestamp="1303156713"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg999136#msg999136 date=1303156363]
all of this is a conspiracy i tell ya. yall just trying to beat the thread page count on my "How much does OU suck" thread.  :D
[/quote]

We could go on this pace for the next ten years and still not approach that.  But we may get to those PN-G/Barbers Hill threads. lol!
[/quote] :D :D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All you really have to do is look at your email address that you have linked to your profile.  Then log in to Facebook and search for the email address that you have already provided.  Then people can see who you are.  Gas is too expensive to be meeting places.  ;D

me and other former Mustang's are keeping an eye on folks like you who obviously have a hidden agenda. Todd Broussard are you serious?  Is that yoa threat and who is folks like you?  Yes I called you out. Your gonna say something like this over the phone loud enough for this persons child to hear who's also a mustang player, then your gonna turn around and text this b.s. some of you are losing your minds and if coach T doesn't get the job, you can blame your self.  Kerry you participate in this foolishness, but when your talking to the committee members your totally different. Your in the media, you should know better then involving yourself in these intimidation tactics.  People calling other candidates, trying to intimidate them telling them to drop out is just wrong.  Most of you who are ranting don't even live in this area anymore so you can't do anything about any decision that is made other than cry like some little wimps ...grow up.
[/quote]

And ladies and gentlemen, here we have a member on the illustrious search committee, Erick Guillory.  Aggie, I have to do precious little in a post as by his one post here, Mr. Guillory has succeeded more than I could do in a 1000 in illustrating the concerns I have about the actions of this committee.  THIS is the type of individual that the superintendent has plucked out of the community to serve aside Hutcherson Hill, who I trust implicitly to engage in the search of the new head coach at WO-S and athletic director of the school district that I graduated from.  After this, there can be absolutely no dispute that any misgivings about the committee aren't reasonable.  I absolutely told you that people could lose jobs and board members could lose positions, that goes without saying.  It is a viewpoint that has, without prompting,been seen as a probably consequence by fans, coaches, school board members from neighboring districts and MOST IMPORTANTLY, taxpayers of the West Orange-Cove CISD. In fact, if I remember correctly in our discussion you yourself acknowledged that view.  As to me hollering, the only way your children heard my voice is if you put me on speakerphone as my wife who was but about 10 ft away could not hear our conversation, although I would doubtlessly be without blame if I started to raise my voice to your continued condescending admonitions to "listen and learn."  I guess that is how I should have known the conversation would go when your response to my original text to you in support of Coach Thompson received the response of "Y."

If Coach Thompson doesn't get the nod, it is on you.  As a supposed "friend" of Coach Thompson that you "needed" material to take to the rest of the committee because there are all of these candidates who had resumes better than Coach T.  And I will repeat now what I said then, if you as a lifelong resident of Orange (although, I understand not a 4 year student at West Orange-Stark as you found yourself transferring to that "losing" program over at Little Cypress-Mauriceville for SOME reason which is probably the reason JohnnyT60, a father of a pretty well known LC-M alumnus, was questioning your placement on the committee), could not make a sound case for Coach Thompson, that you weren't trying.  In fact, it was you that told me that people needed to "show love" to Coach Thompson because the members of the committee weren't seeing it.  Pardon me, I found THREE different facebook pages endorsing Coach Thompson as coach (and I apparently unlike you took the initiative to send those links to Mr. Colbert).  If you would have done your homework, you would have found it quite easy to show the committee the support of the community for Coach Thompson as you told me was the role provided you by Mr. Colbert.  PLEASE, don't give me the "if Coach T is not hired, it is your fault."  If by some happenstance, Coach Thompson does not get this job, it is because YOU committee members REFUSED to listen to the community and coaching fraternity who to a person, have endorsed Cornel Thompson as coach (even reportedly those candidates recruited by the committee to compete against his application).  And if you personally don't opt for Coach Thompson, then you just foster the belief held by many that you never actually supported Thompson and that while professing your support, you were looking for an excuse to oppose him.

And just exactly HOW can potential candidates be called? It sure hasn't been done by me. In fact, those candidates that I know to have been contacted by the committee are either through folks close to the candidate and in one case, you!  The freaking list of candidates hasn't been released! Nobody knows who the candidates are!  That is one thing that is fostering the belief that something is not on the up and up.  So any allegation that anyone has called a potential candidate, especially to try to intimidate him is an OUTRIGHT LIE, ERICK.  Although I must say that I am not surprised because that appears to be your reputation around Orange.  In fact, I should have gathered that as you proceeded to tell me this story about how the Orange Leader misquoted Mr. Colbert about the procedure and how an "apology" was going to printed.  I have checked the online version.  My parents in Orange have checked the print version. And ya' know what?  No retraction or notice of error!  Ya know why?  Because the Leader, and as I informed you, KOGT, both correctly quoted Mr. Colbert as to how the procedure would play out! 

And finally, the coup de gras, [b]"Most of you who are ranting don't even live in this area anymore so you can't do anything about any decision that is made other than cry like some little wimps."[/b]  This is really the language of an individual that I WOULD WANT to be involved in selecting a school district administrator.

God bless you, Erick!  Thanks to you, people who thought I was out of my mind now can finally get a glimpse of what I have been seeing.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It looks as if you are not indeed not Mr. Guillory.  But that doesn't let him off of the hook.  You see, this just means that he is blabbing communications that he has had regarding the input the he supposedly sought.  Now, I will not profess loss of any confidentiality because I myself have discussed our conversations.  But the fact that he doesn't take his role seriously enough and is as unprofessional a manner to proceed as if he did author those words.  I do await to see if he does support Cornel Thompson as he has professed or whether he does indeed really favor Verrill Young for the job (as I understand he is telling others) and is just telling folks that he is supporting Cornel Thompson and will hide behind a secret vote.  Sadly, we will probably never find out.

Well, Coach young is good. He coached me also. Now better than Thompson? No way. The point that needs to be stated is that this job is a about the right fit, not nesessarily a better resume. And the only reason why Thompsons resume is short is because he had been the DC for 30 years. lol. I honestly feel the kids will feel BETRAYED by their superiors if Thompson isnt picked. That is a situation that CANT happen.

Young was our recievers coach in the 90's and head track coach. Man, that guy was like 45 yrs old and remember him beating everyone in the 100yrd and the 40yrd. That guy could fly. He actually was beat by Carl Lewis to miss the olympics. true story. He was on the US track and Field team. I believe early '80s?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder