Can Coach Knight do this?

[quote name="UNLV" post="993405" timestamp="1302050620"]
Coach Knight said he called up coach K, why not bring Duke to Beaumont. Fill the Montagne that night.
Why can't Coach K help a friend. This game would be as big as when NC Villanova came to town,.
[/quote]

That would be awesome.

I thought Knight did a great job in the interview.  He said all the right things.  And I do think he's right about the style of basketball.  We don't get the top level talent to play run and gun like we did in the lat 70's and early 80's with Tubbs.  So, we really need to be much better defensively and in our non-existent half court offense.  I'm definitely not sold yet but we could have done worse, that is for sure.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="993409" timestamp="1302050932"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=82781.msg993405#msg993405 date=1302050620]
Coach Knight said he called up coach K, why not bring Duke to Beaumont. Fill the Montagne that night.
Why can't Coach K help a friend. This game would be as big as when NC Villanova came to town,.
[/quote]

That would be awesome.

I thought Knight did a great job in the interview.  He said all the right things.  And I do think he's right about the style of basketball.  We don't get the top level talent to play run and gun like we did in the lat 70's and early 80's with Tubbs.  So, we really need to be much better defensively and in our non-existent half court offense.  [b]I'm definitely not sold yet but we could have done worse, that is for sure.[/b]
[/quote]exactly, look at what Mizzou brought in as coach. A nobody that really hasnt done anything at Miami (FL)......doesnt even play the same brand of ball Mizzou is used to. LU got a steal in getting Knight IMO. I give it 2-3 years and LU will be making the tourney on a consistent basis ESPECIALLY if LU moves to the WAC as i expect they will do.

[quote name="epg2793" post="993477" timestamp="1302053621"]
Did anyone hear what I heard? He said at one point he talked too much then talked about the WAC and then said I think you will see a big surprise in the spring. What does he know? It just makes you think.
[/quote] :o

[quote name="epg2793" post="993477" timestamp="1302053621"]
Did anyone hear what I heard? He said at one point he talked too much then talked about the WAC and then said I think you will see a big surprise in the spring. What does he know? It just makes you think.
[/quote]

Here's an interesting rumor from the Sun Belt board:

[quote]Not to change the subject of the thread, but the rumor in town this weekend is that the WAC will definitely extend invites to Lamar and Sam Houston within a few days. The Southland will then have to seek replacements for Lamar, Sam Houston, UTSA and Texas State. A possible hurdle is that Lamar has apparently been open about it's desire to return to the Sunbelt and there's obviously pressure on Sam to remin with SFA, etc. The next couple of weeks could be interesting. [/quote]

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=492178

What is this inane belief that Lamar will move up to a bigger conference. Do you guys not know that football is the main driver to promotion to a new league?  We would have to dominate for the next 10 years to get a nod to move up.  I am sure our baseball, tennis, and golf success will help at that point but really McNeesen SFA, & Sam Houston have a way better chance to get called up first!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="993526" timestamp="1302055547"]
What is this inane belief that Lamar will move up to a bigger conference. Do you guys not know that football is the main driver to promotion to a new league?  We would have to dominate for the next 10 years to get a nod to move up.  I am sure our baseball, tennis, and golf success will help at that point but really McNeesen SFA, & Sam Houston have a way better chance to get called up first!
[/quote]

It doesn't take 10 years of success to move up.. Look at UTSA, Georgia St, and South Alabama.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="993526" timestamp="1302055547"]
[/quote]

Do you know that Dr. Simmons has publicly stated he wants Lamar to be bowl eligible by 2015?  And the main driver to moving up to a better conference is money.  UTSA is moving up and they haven't even played one down of football in their history!  These are not crazy internet rumors, it's definitely a possibility.

While I highly doubt the Blue Devils are coming to Beaumont, and I'm not sure Knight is the right guy, I want to think that because of who he is that he may have some contacts to at least beef up the schedule at home, I'm not expecting Duke, UConn, Pitt, but better than Louisiana College

I didn't think he was they guy for the job when it was announced. But after watching his interview he made me believe a little more.  I now know why a committee would hire him, he interviews really well.  Now for the sake of the LU basketball program I hope he can coach close to that.

[quote name="DenisGScott" post="993653" timestamp="1302062513"]
While I highly doubt the Blue Devils are coming to Beaumont, and I'm not sure Knight is the right guy, I want to think that because of who he is that he may have some contacts to at least beef up the schedule at home, I'm not expecting Duke, UConn, Pitt, but better than Louisiana College
[/quote]Nobody said Duke is coming. Why do you always have to bring the rain. The hope is can Knight at least try to bring Duke here.
Coach K can help a friend out.

[quote name="UNLV" post="993724" timestamp="1302096474"]
[quote author=DenisGScott link=topic=82781.msg993653#msg993653 date=1302062513]
[/quote]Nobody said Duke is coming. Why do you always have to bring the rain. The hope is can Knight at least try to bring Duke here.
[/quote]Coach Cal didn't help Roc and they spent a lot of time together.  Maybe Dook will come and play by SLC rules; i.e., with SLC officiating.  It trumps talent every time.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="993803" timestamp="1302101622"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=82781.msg993724#msg993724 date=1302096474]
[quote author=DenisGScott link=topic=82781.msg993653#msg993653 date=1302062513]
[/quote]Coach Cal didn't help Roc and they spent a lot of time together.   Maybe Dook will come and play by SLC rules; i.e., with SLC officiating.  It trumps talent every time.
[/quote]

Now that is funny!!!!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0