Burkville head football coach is suspended.

[quote name="H.I._Cardinals" post="976428" timestamp="1299169925"]
I believe he is talking about Coach Curtis Hamilton.  Harper is just the AD.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if Harper takes over the football duties and they let Hamilton go. 
[/quote]

Actually, I thought Harper took back over at football coach at the beginning of this past season.

Doesn't surprise me about Hamilton, he is been in dutch with the Burkeville ISD for over a year now.  He darn near got fired last year!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="976766" timestamp="1299186861"]
[quote author=H.I._Cardinals link=topic=81147.msg976428#msg976428 date=1299169925]
I believe he is talking about Coach Curtis Hamilton.  Harper is just the AD.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if Harper takes over the football duties and they let Hamilton go. 
[/quote]

Actually, I thought Harper took back over at football coach at the beginning of this past season.

Doesn't surprise me about Hamilton, he is been in dutch with the Burkeville ISD for over a year now. [b] He darn near got fired last year![/b][/quote]

It is Hamilton and he is in trouble for another similar reason as last year.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="976766" timestamp="1299186861"]
[quote author=H.I._Cardinals link=topic=81147.msg976428#msg976428 date=1299169925]
I believe he is talking about Coach Curtis Hamilton.  Harper is just the AD.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if Harper takes over the football duties and they let Hamilton go.  
[/quote]

Doesn't surprise me about Hamilton, he has been in dutch with the Burkeville ISD for over a year now.  He darn near got fired last year!
[/quote]

When I was getting ready to do the previews, I was trying to see who was going to be coach and happened upon the minutes the the Burkeville ISD where they had taken action to remove Hamilton.  As to the specifics, I don't know as that discussion was in executive session and what was discussed in that session was not discussed.

What happened last year if you can tell. I hope burkeville gets some young blood in there to coach football.

Burkeville school board meet in a special scession last night. After executive session in which the board meet with coach Hamiltion, I was told that coach Hamilton came out of executive session very upset. The board said there would be no decision made until after 3pm tuesday ( march 8 th).
Reading between the lines, coach Hamilton was probably given until 3pm today to resign.
The school board is not scheduled to meet today. There may not have to be another meeting if he resigns. If not, then the board will set up another meeting and vote on his removal.
I do know the details, but I am not sure what I should or shouldn't put out over this internet. I think everyone in the Burkeville area have now hear what happened.

[quote name="MEM" post="980266" timestamp="1299715837"]
what is/was the "alleged offense"?
[/quote]

Don't know that we need to go there with that.  Whatever it was lead to a resignation.  I think we just need to leave it at that and wish Coach Hamilton well in his future endeavors.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="980355" timestamp="1299727822"]
burkeville has really fallen over the years from the sports programs to academics its probably time they merge with newton, the kids would be better off.  kids that transfer to other schools are way behind after leaving Bville...
[/quote]

Logistical nightmare to merge with Newton. The entire county is suffering from economic hardship which has led to a loss of over 12% of population since last census. Many jobs lost due to wood industry plant closings and workers moving to seek work.

You have to be so careful when you teach school. 
In another note, I hear that Burkeville is dropping their Vocational Ag/FFA program. Just not cost effective.
I can see the day when Burkeville is united with Newton, West Hardin with Kountze, Evadale with Buna, Sabine Pass with Pt Arthur....In the case of the last one, I could see a church or private school opportunity in SP.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin