Burkville head football coach is suspended.

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="982053" timestamp="1299974906"]
You have to be so careful when you teach school. 
In another note, I hear that Burkeville is dropping their Vocational Ag/FFA program. Just not cost effective.
I can see the day when Burkeville is united with Newton, West Hardin with Kountze, Evadale with Buna, Sabine Pass with Pt Arthur....In the case of the last one, I could see a church or private school opportunity in SP.
[/quote]

But not all of these schools are hurting badly.  Nothing wrong with small schools.  Bigger is not always better.

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="982053" timestamp="1299974906"]
In another note, I hear that Burkeville is dropping their Vocational Ag/FFA program. Just not cost effective.
I can see the day when Burkeville is united with Newton, West Hardin with Kountze, Evadale with Buna, Sabine Pass with Pt Arthur....In the case of the last one, I could see a church or private school opportunity in SP.
[/quote]Most the kids at SP are from Port Arthur, with that said i dont think they want to go to school in Port Arthur.

[quote name="bigreb" post="982350" timestamp="1300065232"]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=81147.msg982053#msg982053 date=1299974906]
[/quote]

But not all of these schools are hurting badly.  Nothing wrong with small schools.  Bigger is not always better.
[/quote]

They will be in the next 2 years....The state money is going to hurt these schools badly.....West Hardin, Evadale, Burkeville are really going to have troubles. I don't know how SP, but the state is going to see all the administration as a waste.

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="982585" timestamp="1300135616"]
[quote author=bigreb link=topic=81147.msg982350#msg982350 date=1300065232]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They will be in the next 2 years....The state money is going to hurt these schools badly.....West Hardin, Evadale, Burkeville are really going to have troubles. I don't know how SP, but the state is going to see all the administration as a waste.
[/quote]But you'd only see more positions such as Assistant Superintendents open up.  Wouldn'tchange anything. 

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="982585" timestamp="1300135616"]
[quote author=bigreb link=topic=81147.msg982350#msg982350 date=1300065232]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Evadale is doing just fine, spoke to a board member recently and they are not even looking at any staff reduction at this time. The Evadale ISD has had to make some difficult cuts the past few years, but it has them in a good position considering the state crisis. If Evadale could keep it's own tax money then there would not be any problem.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa01
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa01