Top 25 Players in SETx

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you could start with the top 2 kids from all the local teams left in the playoffs, then maybe add the kid from Silsbee and the kid from PNG. That would give you a good start. But if your realy the best player in SETX you should not go out in your first playoff game.

[quote name="True Blue" post="974348" timestamp="1298950753"]
Well you could start with the top 2 kids from all the local teams left in the playoffs, then maybe add the kid from Silsbee and the kid from PNG. That would give you a good start. But if your realy the best player in SETX you should not go out in your first playoff game.
[/quote]And that, folks, is what you call, "A Shot across the Bow"!!!!! 8)

[quote name="True Blue" post="974348" timestamp="1298950753"]
[/quote]
You know you just keep making a bigger idiot out of your self than anybody on here could have ever imagined.  Losing one playoff game doesn't say anything about an individual player. The player you are inferring to had a pretty good night but as a team the Tigers had a bad night .  How many other players in this area have started for 4 years(15 games as a freshman),  been to Austin twice, and  made the all state team.  It has been said many times anything can happen in one game,  unfortunately for the Tigers that was the case.  But no matter how good a player is he can't win games by himself it takes a team.  I am sure this particular would take as much blame as any of his teammates but this game doesn't belittle the player that he is.  Is he the best player in the area this year? That is an opinion but it has been the opinion of many whose opinions matter a heck of a lot more than yours!!

We could give suggestions on this thread, then a moderator compile it all and give a list? Just a thought since we dont have a list yet..

3 kids from Nederland that could start for any team in SETX
1) Kelvin Smith
2) Chris Cunningham
3) Dionte Forney

[quote name="ST413" post="974361" timestamp="1298952108"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=81018.msg974348#msg974348 date=1298950753]
[/quote]
You know you just keep making a bigger idiot out of your self than anybody on here could have ever imagined.  Losing one playoff game doesn't say anything about an individual player. The player you are inferring to had a pretty good night but as a team the Tigers had a bad night .  How many other players in this area have started for 4 years(15 games as a freshman),  been to Austin twice, and  made the all state team.  It has been said many times anything can happen in one game,  unfortunately for the Tigers that was the case.  But no matter how good a player is he can't win games by himself it takes a team.  I am sure this particular would take as much blame as any of his teammates but this game doesn't belittle the player that he is.  Is he the best player in the area this year? That is an opinion but it has been the opinion of many whose opinions matter a heck of a lot more than yours!!
[/quote]Ok they are the best 2 players in SETX, that are at home watching the best TEAMS in SETX go on in the playoffs.. Is that better for you :)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="974363" timestamp="1298952288"]
We could give suggestions on this thread, then a moderator compile it all and give a list? Just a thought since we dont have a list yet..

1) Kelvin Smith
2) Chris Cunningham
3) Dionte Forney
[/quote]So can Hj's Jr, Shawn Prudohmme!!

1. DC Stallworth-Silsbee
2. Garrett Gustafson-HJ
3. Kristian Smith-Central
4. Darrin Sells-Woodville
5. Prentice Lane-Silsbee
6. Shawn Prudhomme-HJ
7. Zay McDaniel-Kountze
8. Dionte Forney-Nederland
9.. David Green-Ozen
10.. Brennan Doty-PNG
11. George Whittacre-Spurger
12. Hunter Gonzales-LCM

Is all I can come up with lol

[quote name="True Blue" post="974380" timestamp="1298953373"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=81018.msg974361#msg974361 date=1298952108]
[/quote]
[/quote]Ok they are the best 2 players in SETX, that are at home watching the best TEAMS in SETX go on in the playoffs.. Is that better for you :)
[/quote]
I have made references to only one player and unfortunately for that player his team is home watching some of the teams that his team beat continue on in the playoffs.  So yes at this point some of those teams are playing better in the playoffs than the Tigers did.  But, even though there are a few of these teams still playing who could arguably be considered among the best teams in SETX,  there are still some of them that, even with the game the Tigers played friday night, still wouldn't have a chance at beating the Tigers!

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="974388" timestamp="1298953830"]
1. DC Stallworth-Silsbee
2. Garrett Gustafson-HJ
5. Prentice Lane-Silsbee
6. Zay McDaniel-Kountze
7. Dionte Forney-Nederland
8. David Green-Ozen
9. Brennan Doty-PNG
10. George Whittacre-Spurger
11. Hunter Gonzales-LCM

[/quote]

You left off one of the best players in SE Texas........HJ's Shawn Prudhomme.

But other than that the list is very good!!!  I disagree with the order of some, but nonetheless good names!!!!

Prudhomme would definitely be on a list . McDaniel is a decent player but no way is a better player than any of they guys that are under him on this list.This is a real good example of TopDawg 52 point.You think of the really good players in the area and you can come up with about 12.The top 2 idea from each team still alive is absurd in my opinion.You would have some kids on a list that couldn't start for some of the clubs that are already eliminated.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="974392" timestamp="1298954008"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=81018.msg974388#msg974388 date=1298953830]
1. DC Stallworth-Silsbee
2. Garrett Gustafson-HJ
5. Prentice Lane-Silsbee
6. Zay McDaniel-Kountze
8. David Green-Ozen
9. Brennan Doty-PNG
11. Hunter Gonzales-LCM

[/quote]

But other than that the list is very good!!!  I disagree with the order of some, but nonetheless good names!!!!
[/quote]

No. The best player in SE TX is Kelvin Smith from Nederland.

1) Kelvin Smith
2) Chris Cunningham
3) Dionte Forney
[/quote]

Forney is not a top player. Maybe last year, but not this year.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="974406" timestamp="1298956253"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=81018.msg974363#msg974363 date=1298952288]

1) Kelvin Smith
2) Chris Cunningham
3) Dionte Forney
[/quote]

[/quote]I haven't seen Dionte play this season but he has already signed to play with Lamar next season as a 2 sport player so he must be pretty good.DC is probably the only other kid on this list that could possibly go D1 and I'm not real sure of that yet.

[quote name="whsalum" post="974418" timestamp="1298957068"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=81018.msg974406#msg974406 date=1298956253]

1) Kelvin Smith
2) Chris Cunningham
3) Dionte Forney
[/quote]

[/quote]I haven't seen Dionte play this season but he has already signed to play with Lamar next season as a 2 sport player so he must be pretty good.DC is probably the only other kid on this list that could possibly go D1 and I'm not real sure of that yet.
[/quote]

Then that is saying something about the other two guys, Cunn and K-smith.. They are playing better basketball than Forney.. Kelvin is top 3 at least, and if he isnt on somebody's list of best players in SETX, then they havent seen him play :D

[quote name="ST413" post="974361" timestamp="1298952108"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
well said st413. you cant blame a loss on one of the players. understandably he may be the best on the team but as you said it is a team sport and it takes the other 4 guys around him to help win a ball game. one game will not beat any team single handled in the playoffs sorry. but to answer the question. I DO THINK HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE AREA BY FAR.. then the kid from hj #10

1) Kelvin Smith
2) [b]Chris Cunningham[/b]
3) Dionte Forney
[/quote]This kid impressed me the most out of all the Bulldog players this year.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="974404" timestamp="1298956199"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81018.msg974392#msg974392 date=1298954008]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=81018.msg974388#msg974388 date=1298953830]
1. DC Stallworth-Silsbee
2. Garrett Gustafson-HJ
5. Prentice Lane-Silsbee
6. Zay McDaniel-Kountze
8. David Green-Ozen
9. Brennan Doty-PNG
11. Hunter Gonzales-LCM

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. The best player in SE TX is Kelvin Smith from Nederland.
[/quote]
Nope...... Both wrong

The best player is DC Stalworth end of story

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="974388" timestamp="1298953830"]
1. DC Stallworth-Silsbee
2. Garrett Gustafson-HJ
5. Prentice Lane-Silsbee
6. Shawn Prudhomme-HJ
7. Zay McDaniel-Kountze
8. Dionte Forney-Nederland
9.. David Green-Ozen
10.. Brennan Doty-PNG
11. George Whittacre-Spurger
12. Hunter Gonzales-LCM

[/quote]

Kelvin Smith and Chris Cunningham are the best on Nederland's Team followed by Forney.  They all are better than half of who you listed.

[quote name="whsalum" post="974418" timestamp="1298957068"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=81018.msg974406#msg974406 date=1298956253]

1) Kelvin Smith
2) Chris Cunningham
3) Dionte Forney
[/quote]

[/quote]

He signed for football and hopes to play basketball.  No guarantee he will do both.  He will have to improve greatly to play basketball.  Besides Lamar may have a new basketball coach next year.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="974470" timestamp="1298988188"]
Tru Blue are you serious? Stallworth is better than anyone from you school in the past 12 yrs! Your a joke with that statement!
[/quote]If your the best PLAYER IN ALL SETX... you should be able to win one playoff game... Maybe he is just as good as any other player..On that night the other guy was just better. He put up 19 and 12 , and the other guy put up26 and 14. Maybe he had a off night, just at the wrong time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder