**HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs CLEVELAND... HJ wins 75-68!

Lazeek

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="976271" timestamp="1299163378"]
[b]Just another example of how dedicated coaches and players who believe in their system can go far. Heart will be beat out talent anyday.[/b] Now, does Sour Lake have a business directory ???
[/quote]

Finally glad to see that someone outside of the HJ loop is getting it!!! ;D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="976271" timestamp="1299163378"]
Just another example of how dedicated coaches and players who believe in their system can go far. Heart will be beat out talent anyday. Now, does Sour Lake have a business directory ???
[/quote]

Dove, your consistent and undying support has much to do with the fact that the Hawks are still playing this season.  Don't consult the business directory now because I suspect most of the town will be in Hunstville tomorrow to see if the team can pull off yet another upset.

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="976279" timestamp="1299163704"]
I would be embarrassed if I was clevelands coach you had all that talent and couldn't even take them past the third round coach southerland has beat you with less talent then  you, cleveland needs to think bout getting anothet coach cause he aint very good at all
[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel!!!

Cleveland is very good and does have tons of talent.  Although the two best players on the floor last night were Prudhomme and Gustafson from HJ.  Cleveland had no answer for Prudhomme as he sliced and diced all night long.  Gus, who only scored 4 points (4 FT in the final 2 minutes) in the game but was so much more than scoring.  He had several steals and likely had more assists last night than he has had in a while.

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="976279" timestamp="1299163704"]
I would be embarrassed if I was clevelands coach you had all that talent and couldn't even take them past the third round coach southerland has beat you with less talent then  you, cleveland needs to think bout getting anothet coach cause he aint very good at all
[/quote]With talent you must also have discipline. Only a chosen few can master it.

[quote name="stevenash" post="976277" timestamp="1299163635"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81003.msg976271#msg976271 date=1299163378]
Just another example of how dedicated coaches and players who believe in their system can go far. Heart will be beat out talent anyday. Now, does Sour Lake have a business directory ???
[/quote]

Dove, your consistent and undying support has much to do with the facts that the Hawks are still playing this season.  Don't consult the business directory now because I suspect most of the town will be in Hunstville tomorrow to see if the team can pull off yet another upset.
[/quote]Which reminds me of a gripe I've been meaning to bring up. Stevie, you know I left the HJ-HF game to go to the ATM and get a few $$$$. I hope you have two banks because the one at the four-way does not have an ATM. I bet all yall lined up in the trailer now withdrawing cash from the teller :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="976293" timestamp="1299164474"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81003.msg976277#msg976277 date=1299163635]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81003.msg976271#msg976271 date=1299163378]
[/quote]

Dove, your consistent and undying support has much to do with the facts that the Hawks are still playing this season.  Don't consult the business directory now because I suspect most of the town will be in Hunstville tomorrow to see if the team can pull off yet another upset.
[/quote]Which reminds me of a gripe I've been meaning to bring up. Stevie, you know I left the HJ-HF game to go to the ATM and get a few $$$$. I hope you have two banks because the one at the four-way does not have an ATM. I bet all yall lined up in the trailer now withdrawing cash from the teller :D
[/quote]

What is an ATM?  Is that computer talk? As for the trailer, the withdrawal situation often gets a little heated.  After the total reserves of $200 has been withdrawn, those that couldnt get $ get pretty mad.

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="976327" timestamp="1299165855"]
Yes prudhomme was the best player on the court last night no question bout it but to have that good of talent the past few years and not take them pass the third round there is no exuses for it
[/quote]Talent alone does not win championships. Hardin Jefferson is living proof ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="976399" timestamp="1299168779"]
[quote author=sports fan 929 link=topic=81003.msg976327#msg976327 date=1299165855]
Yes prudhomme was the best player on the court last night no question bout it but to have that good of talent the past few years and not take them pass the third round there is no exuses for it
[/quote]Talent alone does not win championships. Hardin Jefferson is living proof ;)
[/quote]

True statement!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="976399" timestamp="1299168779"]
[quote author=sports fan 929 link=topic=81003.msg976327#msg976327 date=1299165855]
[/quote]

I am not sure if this comment is a stab at HJ or a compliment? :D :D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="976408" timestamp="1299168982"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81003.msg976399#msg976399 date=1299168779]
[/quote]

[/quote] :D :D ;) It's all love!

The job Todd, Clay and Jeff do is amazing!!  Best coaching staff in the state of Texas (IMO)!!  I've seen how hard these guys work.  They also have great support from the administration and community.  Congratulations to all the guys as well.  Shaun has really stepped up and assumed that leadership role.  Enough can't be said about the "warrior" Persohn is!!!! Everyone on that team had a huge contribution.  They understand their role....one of the many reasons they are headed back to Huntsville for the FIFTH year in a row!!!  Way to go Hawks!  

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="976481" timestamp="1299171581"]
The job Todd, Clay and Jeff do is amazing!!  Best coaching staff in the state of Texas (IMO)!!  I've seen how hard these guys work.  They also have great support from the administration and community.  Congratulations to all the guys as well.  Shaun has really stepped up and assumed that leadership role.  Enough can't be said about the "warrior" Persohn is!!!! Everyone on that team had a huge contribution.  They understand their role....one of the many reasons they are headed back to Huntsville for the FIFTH year in a row!!!  Way to go Hawks!  
[/quote]I'm fast becoming a Hawk fan. You are making a non-believer out of a believer. In fact, I didn't want to predict any wins for HJ because I didn't want to jinx you guys. See, it's all love now.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="976408" timestamp="1299168982"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Zeek, it's a true statement.  You, of all people, would have to admit that HJ has had better talent and not made it to state.  The most recent trip the state wasn't the best or most talented team, but they played together and Coach S got the most out of his talent.
West Sour Lake has tons of talent, but lack discipline.  How many titles do you think West Sour Lake would have if Coach S coached them????  

[quote name="86hawk" post="976492" timestamp="1299171829"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81003.msg976408#msg976408 date=1299168982]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Zeek, it's a true statement.  You, of all people, would have to admit that HJ has had better talent and not made it to state.  The most recent trip the state wasn't the best or most talented team, but they played together and Coach S got the most out of his talent.
West Sour Lake has tons of talent, but lack discipline.  How many titles do you think West Sour Lake would have if Coach S coached them????  
[/quote]

2 working on a 3rd this year!!!!

Wow, as always some accurate takes and some misguided ones as well. First, congrats to HJ. I wish Coach Sutherland and the team all the best at regionals. Like it was stated, it's hard not to pull for those kids. I have to give my thoughts on the game last night. It was a compelling game and for the most part hard fought. These two teams are shadows of one another in many ways, but like in years past, the "management" of the teams was the deciding factor once again. The officiating was suspect at times but it always will be. That is just the human element. You can't be right all the time. Coach Sutherland can take decent talent with dedication and turn them into bonafied basketball players. Pruhomme has been talked up all year on this site and he is pretty good not great. His greatest talent is he just plays harder than most. What I'm trying to say is, he gets the most out of what he's got. The best player on that team is Gus. He makes every teamate better and able perform while he does the dirty work. The rest of the team will feel his absence next season big time. I hate to see this type of ending for the Indian seniors. My heart goes out to them, a large portion of their failures were not their fault. I will leave it at that. We have plenty of talent in waiting, our freshman class is legit. Cleveland will be back and maybe better than ever. Great season Indians! We love you guys. Agian, good luck to the Hawks.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="976499" timestamp="1299172035"]
Wow, as always some accurate takes and some misguided ones as well. First, congrats to HJ. I wish Coach Sutherland and the team all the best at regionals. Like it was stated, it's hard not to pull for those kids. I have to give my thoughts on the game last night. It was a compelling game and for the most part hard fought. These two teams are shadows of one another in many ways, but like in years past, the "management" of the teams was the deciding factor once again. The officiating was suspect at times but it always will be. That is just the human element. You can't be right all the time. Coach Sutherland can take decent talent with dedication and turn them into bonafied basketball players. Pruhomme has been talked up all year on this site and he is pretty good not great. His greatest talent is he just plays harder than most. What I'm trying to say is, he gets the most out of what he's got. The best player on that team is Gus. He makes every teamate better and able perform while he does the dirty work. The rest of the team will feel his absence next season big time. I hate to see this type of ending for the Indian seniors. My heart goes out to them, a large portion of their failures were not their fault. I will leave it at that. We have plenty of talent in waiting, our freshman class is legit. Cleveland will be back and maybe better than ever. Great season Indians! We love you guys. Agian, good luck to the Hawks.
[/quote]

I have to respond here.  I would say that if you score 33 pts in a playoff game against an athletic and highly ranked team like Cleveland, you are, in fact, great.  Countless times, Mr. Prudhomme also got rebounds, put backs, and a rather large rejection against a substantially larger opponent who was hailed as unstoppable and the difference maker.  The best thing, IMO is that they seem to often times find a way, when it counts most, to make the unit more effective and I emphasize the word unit.  I also think that it is helpful/motivational to them to continually hear that they dont have much ability, are having a "down" year, played a weak schedule/can't compete against the better teams and are going to lose whatever the next game is.  All of that commentary makes many lie down and submit while it makes some more determined to prove otherwise.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="976496" timestamp="1299171962"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=81003.msg976492#msg976492 date=1299171829]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81003.msg976408#msg976408 date=1299168982]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

2 working on a 3rd this year!!!!
[/quote]This statement is 100% accurate. Only Estacado would have had a chance against that combination. No, on second thought, not even Estacado would beat them.

[quote name="stevenash" post="976504" timestamp="1299172439"]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=81003.msg976499#msg976499 date=1299172035]
[/quote]

I have to respond here.  I would say that if you score 33 pts in a playoff game against an athletic and highly ranked team like Cleveland, you are, in fact, great.  Countless times, Mr. Prudhomme also got rebounds, put backs, and a rather large rejection against a substantially larger opponent who was hailed as unstoppable and the difference maker.
[/quote]I knew you of all people would get hung up on that. I paid him a compliment. He had a great game. He's not a great player, yet. I will wait to see how his game is without Gus and then decide.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="976512" timestamp="1299172875"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81003.msg976504#msg976504 date=1299172439]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=81003.msg976499#msg976499 date=1299172035]
[/quote]

I have to respond here.  I would say that if you score 33 pts in a playoff game against an athletic and highly ranked team like Cleveland, you are, in fact, great.  Countless times, Mr. Prudhomme also got rebounds, put backs, and a rather large rejection against a substantially larger opponent who was hailed as unstoppable and the difference maker.
[/quote]I knew you of all people would get hung up on that. I paid him a compliment. He had a great game. He's not a great player, yet. I will wait to see how his game is without Gus and then decide.
[/quote]Gus does make them a good team. :-X :-X

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder