**HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs CLEVELAND... HJ wins 75-68!

Lazeek

The #11 State Ranked Hardin-Jefferson Hawks will take on the #3 State Ranked Cleveland Indians in the 3A Region 3 Quarterfinals.  Game will be played at Baytown Lee College on Wednesday night at 7:00pm.  This is the 3rd meeting in the last 3 years for these two teams.  HJ has won both previous meetings.  Winner will advance to the Regional Semi-Finals to take on the winner of Mexia/ Lufkin Hudson.  HJ (33-6) has defeated Huffman 80-42 and Stafford 56-46 (OT) so far in the playoffs and Cleveland (29-4) routed Smithville 85-43 on Friday night.  You don't want to miss this one!!!

Game will be broadcast LIVE here on the SETXSPORTS Network starting at 6:50!!!

Click on the link below to listen to LIVE action with Rob Lietzke!!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113:robcast&catid=73:games

Thank you to our proud sponsors who make it possible to bring these games to you!!!

Mike Roby Insurance
Star Graphics
Raquel West Attorney At Law
Golf Cars of Beaumont
UBS---Stan Davis, Chris Davis and Heath McGallion
Southwest Building Systems
Hamburger Depot

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland does not have the depth to run HJ ragged like Silsbee was able to do.  Cleveland as I said is the best team that HJ will have played this year.  HJ will have their hands full, but I believe that HJ will pull it out with some magic in the 4th!!!

Most of the starters have played HJ the last two years in the playoffs... coming in as favorites and going home... well, preparing for baseball.

If HJ manages to take the lead during this game, I feel that doubt is going to creep into Cleveland.  Mental mistakes will follow.  A technical or two and its over!!!!  Cleveland hasn't shown me that they have the mental toughness that Silsbee has.  That's why Silsbee was able to come back against HJ..... SO MANY STINKING TIMES IN THE LAST 4 YEARS!!!

But, back to the topic of HJ:

[size=14pt][i][b]its time for the Hawks to Soar, Baby!!!!![/b][/i][/size]

I am not making any predictions but yet love that all the predictions made are going Cleveland's way.  As they have the past two years.  I am not sure how this game will end but I know that HJ will play very hard. Good luck tonight guys!

I have seen both teams play several times.  It is gonna be a good game.  Two different styles, but two very good teams.  I am looking forward to making the trip to Lee College.  Easy prediction, If HJ shoots well, they will win, their defense is consistent enough to do the job.  If Cleveland shoots well and gets easy ones inside (they must feed the big fellas), advantage them.  I feel that in playoff basketball, defense will get you far.  HJ plays with much more passion on the defensive end IMO.  We will see, I am just a basketball fan with no stakes in this game.  This is just how I see it.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="975183" timestamp="1299075904"]
Badsanta will dress up like a Hawk in Huntsville if HJ beats Cleveland.
[/quote]

I will have the "Hootie the Hawk" outfit for you to wear on Friday night if the Hawks win tonight!!!

And if you backout on this bet, then I will ban you forever!!! ;) ;)

Deal?

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="975165" timestamp="1299073005"]
Being behind didnt seem to bother Cleveland this year, They were down by 20 in Coldspring and still managed to pull out a win, good luck Indians
[/quote]You know that's a big difference.  If they lose in Coldspring, no problem, district continues and you get ready for the play-offs.

But if the Hawks take the lead, then you think, "oh no, it's happening again!".  Since its the play-offs you got everything to lose!

Just my 2 cents.

[size=12pt][b][i]Hawks, it's time to soar, Baby!!!![/i][/b][/size]

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HJfan2" post="975193" timestamp="1299077316"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81003.msg975032#msg975032 date=1299035882]
[quote author=Hawks2 link=topic=81003.msg975026#msg975026 date=1299035660]
i dont want to say this but indians by 8+
[/quote]

Then why did you say it??
[/quote]

because i can.
[/quote]

... ???... "Hawks2" and "HJfan2" ...  ???  Same person??

[quote name="basketballjones" post="975178" timestamp="1299075359"]
I have seen both teams play several times.  It is gonna be a good game.  Two different styles, but two very good teams.  I am looking forward to making the trip to Lee College.  Easy prediction, If HJ shoots well, they will win, their defense is consistent enough to do the job.  If Cleveland shoots well and gets easy ones inside (they must feed the big fellas), advantage them.  I feel that in playoff basketball, defense will get you far.  HJ plays with much more passion on the defensive end IMO.  We will see, I am just a basketball fan with no stakes in this game.  This is just how I see it.
[/quote]

Very well spoken!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245