**HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs CLEVELAND... HJ wins 75-68!

Lazeek

[quote name="sleepy" post="975207" timestamp="1299079088"]
[quote author=basketballjones link=topic=81003.msg975178#msg975178 date=1299075359]
I have seen both teams play several times.  It is gonna be a good game.  Two different styles, but two very good teams.  I am looking forward to making the trip to Lee College.  Easy prediction, If HJ shoots well, they will win, their defense is consistent enough to do the job.  If Cleveland shoots well and gets easy ones inside (they must feed the big fellas), advantage them.  I feel that in playoff basketball, defense will get you far.  HJ plays with much more passion on the defensive end IMO.  We will see, I am just a basketball fan with no stakes in this game.  This is just how I see it.
[/quote]

Very well spoken!!!
[/quote]
I think HJ defense prevails because Cleveland will make the same mistakes they usually make during the playoffs.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bullets13" post="975175" timestamp="1299075019"]
Cleveland is the favorite, and deservedly so.  that being said, they were the favorites the last two years, and HJ has found a way to beat them.  I won't be so bold as to predict HJ will win, but I'll give them a decent chance.
[/quote][img]http://web.d261.k12.id.us/Teachers/jacobsen/images/stories/graphics/warning.gif[/img]

Discussions of history are not permitted here

I'm sorry but in order to make it to Huntsville a team needs to have some type of veteran leadership either from a player or a coach and I can sum it up in two words "Todd Sutherland" he knows how to win and that's why for four straight years and possibly a fifth year HJ has been in Huntsville playing in the regional finals. He knows how to get his players ready for a game like this no matter if they are the favorites or not.

H J wins in overtime      

[quote name="HSBALL03" post="975226" timestamp="1299080406"]
Does HJ have any size? What do they have in the post?
[/quote]6'4" forward (Prudhomme) and a 6'3" post (Persohn)  - give or take an 1".

Actually, this team is taller than the previous two play-off teams for HJ, although that doesn't equal the height of Cleveland.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="975242" timestamp="1299082110"]
[quote author=HSBALL03 link=topic=81003.msg975226#msg975226 date=1299080406]
[/quote]6'4" forward (Prudhomme) and a 6'3" post (Persohn)  - give or take an 1".

Actually, this team is taller than the previous two play-off teams for HJ, although that doesn't equal the height of Cleveland.
[/quote] I think that Persohn is taller than 6'3'' I know he playes bigger than that. And I think they have another under classman that is 6'6'' or bigger. May not see the floor much but he kid is big.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="975242" timestamp="1299082110"]
[quote author=HSBALL03 link=topic=81003.msg975226#msg975226 date=1299080406]

[/quote]

ok, thanks.  the Enterprise had Prudhomme as 6'2 in an article.  I didn't think that sounded right.  

[quote name="TheMallard91" post="975234" timestamp="1299080995"]
I'm sorry but in order to make it to Huntsville a team needs to have some type of veteran leadership either from a player or a coach and I can sum it up in two words "Todd Sutherland" he knows how to win and that's why for four straight years and possibly a fifth year HJ has been in Huntsville playing in the regional finals. He knows how to get his players ready for a game like this no matter if they are the favorites or not.

H J wins in overtime      
[/quote]I have been critisized by HJ fans for making that point several times, because it doesn't give the players enough credit. That's just the way it is sometimes. HJ always has some talent, but Sutherland is always the X factor. He wins everywhere he goes. I sure hope the run ends tonight. ROLL...TRIBE...ROLL!!!

Okay, here is my logic for wanting HJ to win tonight: I run into more people who know about Cleveland's program, plus Cleveland gets more press and playing time in my city. Therefore, if HJ can beat Cleveland, it should be easier for me to explain (again) who and what 3-A district schools my kids play against. GO HJ! :)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="975264" timestamp="1299083786"]
Okay, here is my logic for wanting HJ to win tonight: I run into more people who know about Cleveland's program, plus Cleveland gets more press and playing time in my city. Therefore, if HJ can beat Cleveland, it should be easier for me to explain (again) who and what 3-A district schools my kids play against. GO HJ! :)
[/quote]If you haven't been able to explain it to them yet, then I doubt that would change:

1) HJ has eliminated the higher ranked Indians the last 2 years.
2) 21-3A has provided 9 of the last 10 regional finalists and the last 5 state representatives from region 3.

So, if they don't understand yet..........   ::)

[quote name="stevenash" post="975222" timestamp="1299080068"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=81003.msg975175#msg975175 date=1299075019]
Cleveland is the favorite, and deservedly so.  that being said, they were the favorites the last two years, and HJ has found a way to beat them.  I won't be so bold as to predict HJ will win, but I'll give them a decent chance.
[/quote][img]http://web.d261.k12.id.us/Teachers/jacobsen/images/stories/graphics/warning.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Not in your reasoning of why your team is going to win ;) Thats a poor prediction.. Saying your team is going to win just because it happened 2 years in row is not smart.. Different teams playing.. Say HJ is going to win because they have something better THIS YEAR than Cleveland as a team, Examples: Coaching Strategy, Better shooting, Teamwork, etc.. I think you now understand why I bring that "no history" issue up

[quote name="dogs1218" post="975274" timestamp="1299084604"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81003.msg975222#msg975222 date=1299080068]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=81003.msg975175#msg975175 date=1299075019]
Cleveland is the favorite, and deservedly so.  that being said, they were the favorites the last two years, and HJ has found a way to beat them.  I won't be so bold as to predict HJ will win, but I'll give them a decent chance.

[/quote]

Not in your reasoning of why your team is going to win ;) Thats a poor prediction.. Saying your team is going to win just because it happened 2 years in row is not smart.. Different teams playing.. Say HJ is going to win because they have something better than Cleveland as a team, Examples: Coaching Strategy, Better shooting, Teamwork, etc.. I think you now understand why I bring that "no history" issue up
[/quote]

There are many of the people for HJ(4 of the 5 starters were on last years team and 3 of which were starters last year) and Cleveland has basically the same team minus a few.  So it would have a lot to do with it.

Again I don't believe you are the one to tell people HOW to come to their decision on predictions.  Remember you are making a prediction based on information from a scoreboard.  You have not seen cleveland all year so I wouldn't be giving advice on how to make a prediction when you are making a guess at best!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="975264" timestamp="1299083786"]
[/quote]

Welcome to the HJ faithful family, Dove.  You are gonna love it.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="975283" timestamp="1299085917"]
:D OK.. I know how to solve this.. Wait until after the game and tell me all about it ;) I hope you two are still active on the Basketball section of SETXsports
[/quote]

There won't be much to talk about after the game is over.  Either HJ will win or they will lose.  What is it you will want to talk about after the game?  "You two" have been pretty active on this board for sometime (and long before you came along) so I can see no reason to stop being active if the game doesnt turn out like I hope.  I don't make predictions about game outcomes and never have, so you will have to find another issue for us to debate.  But I stand ready for such a possbility, as long as Faninthestands approves.

[quote name="stevenash" post="975287" timestamp="1299086273"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=81003.msg975283#msg975283 date=1299085917]
:D OK.. I know how to solve this.. Wait until after the game and tell me all about it ;) I hope you two are still active on the Basketball section of SETXsports
[/quote]

There won't be much to talk about after the game is over.  Either HJ will win or they will lose.  What is it you will want to talk about after the game?  "You two" have been pretty active on this board for sometime (and long before you came along) so I can see no reason to stop being active if the game doesnt turn out like I hope.  I don't make predictions about game outcomes and never have, so you will have to find another issue for us to debate.  But I stand ready for such a possbility, as long as Faninthestands approves.
[/quote]No, just go ahead and continue beating on dead horses, brother. 

Who cares how old it gets (your references about "mopping up"), its never too old to stop you.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="975273" timestamp="1299084517"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81003.msg975264#msg975264 date=1299083786]
[/quote]If you haven't been able to explain it to them yet, then I doubt that would change:

1) HJ has eliminated the higher ranked Indians the last 2 years.
2) 21-3A has provided 9 of the last 10 regional finalists and the last 5 state representatives from region 3.

So, if they don't understand yet..........   ::)
[/quote]I guess your answer  a good example of who actually remember championship runs.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="975206" timestamp="1299078978"]
[quote author=HJfan2 link=topic=81003.msg975193#msg975193 date=1299077316]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81003.msg975032#msg975032 date=1299035882]
[quote author=Hawks2 link=topic=81003.msg975026#msg975026 date=1299035660]
i dont want to say this but indians by 8+
[/quote]

Then why did you say it??
[/quote]

because i can.
[/quote]

... ???... "Hawks2" and "HJfan2" ...  ???  Same person??
[/quote]
no were not the same person. i dont even know who that is.

HJ was evenely matched with Cleveland last year in my opinion and HJ won, this year I think HJ losing Turner was more crucial than Cleveland losing Kris Ross and Jamaul Ross (if he is still out?) I think Cleveland has got the stronger team this season and man can they shoot the basketball!

Cleveland is the better team and they have better athletes.  The problem is HJ has a better coach, HJ is a more disciplined team, and HJ is a smarter team.  I don't mean smart in the IQ sense, i mean smart in the basketball sense.  The last two years, Cleveland was winning the game and when it came down to the end, they made stupid mistakes.  When HJ was able to score and apply pressure, Cleveland folded up.  They failed to play smart ball and threw up on themselves.
HJ by 5.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833