Coach Of The Year In SE Texas?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

I don't see how a coach of a team that can't finish over .500 and' date=' at best, may make 3rd place could ever be the coach of the year. That's just silly. Hooks or Valastro should get the nod. Not only do their teams have undefeated records, they've earned at least a part of their records by leading their teams over schools with larger enrollments.[/quote']

Absolutely. EC beat 4 3A teams, and 4 more 2A schools (pending next game) with larger enrollments. Remarkable when you consider the large number of injuries we had with our two way starters. Great job, Coach V!

I'm not going to argue whether you all have improved -- I'm sure you have' date=' to some extent. But, the fact remains, there are a lot of coaches in SE Texas who have had a lot more success and are a lot more deserving of recognition or credit than a coach of a team that may not make the playoffs in a pretty weak 4A district and will not end up with a winning record.[/quote']

Well said GoStangs do see any leagues giving out awards to third place Coaches? Coach Hooks and Wos have taken out all of the better teams this year and should be given the accolades they deserve. . Where did Coach Moody come from?

Guest bc-all-the-way

Dan Hooks is the best coach in the area. He proves this year after year, with a school population that is dwindling each year.

He has dominated the best 3A district in the state, and will advance far into the playoffs, if not winning it all.

Dan Hooks- Best coach in SE Texas.

Would never argue against Hooks but a case can be made for newman (spelling stinks tonight).

The Bulldogs dont have the same talent as they usually have except for mosely and moshier and look where they are, one week away from the playoffs again. Another case can be made for Moody in LCM. What a job he has done.

But in the end, Hooks is the man and has been for a very long time.

Coach Hooks continually molds high-caliber teams at WOS but I think Coach Morgan at Buna gets it for the program's 180-degree turnaround. Coach Moody has definitely had a positive impact on the attitude and play of the LCM, but the team is still under .500.

Naturally, I will say the coaching staff of WO-S is the best in SE Texas. I keep reading about talented kids, but what people don't realize is that while having talented kids is a blessing...it takes just as good of a coaching staff to harness that talent as it does any other caliber kids. WO-S have a truly dedicated coaching staff. People can say what they want...but football is not just about football at WO-S...overall, these coaches fill in some unfortunate voids for some of these players and do a great job doing it!!! :wink:

I don't really like him, but I pick Hooks of WOS. They whip people year in and year out for a long time and this year is no different. I have no idea where he finds these players but they put it together every year.

WINK WINK

He finds these players living in the WO-S school district. The only "big name transfer" is Earl Thomas, who transferred BACK to WO-S after a year or two at LC-M. Also, look at some of the players we've lost. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Central QB Brandon Williams is a WO-S ex.

Dan Hooks is the best coach in the area. He proves this year after year' date=' with a school population that is dwindling each year.

He has dominated the best 3A district in the state, and will advance far into the playoffs, if not winning it all.

Dan Hooks- Best coach in SE Texas.[/quote']Mighty big talk considering there are others, Barbay for one, with impressive records. I would say Hooks is ONE of the best coaches in SE Texas. That being said I vote for Coach Bradly Morgan at Buna.

OK, Doesn't the kids in Orange County get to pick what high school they want to go to, or this info wrong that was given to me. Also, I'm going back in time since your WOS92. I assume you graduated from WOS in 92. Remember that football season. Ya'll were pre-season #1 4A in state and we (WB) came to WOS and beat ya'll 34-7. I was the DE on WB, and hated going under ya'lls stands to the visitors locker room. Anyway, it tickles me every time I think about that game. It doesn't have anything to do with thread and no jab at ya. :wink:

I thought about this for a while and this isn't a "homer" vote. I say Dan Hooks. Here's why: loses a great player in Beasley, comes back with a totally green QB, loses two would be starters in the OL that should be playing, faces continual declining enrollment, opens at DAYTON - the 4-AAAA league champ (on the road ), fights through a painful leg injury at 68 years old, I could go on and on. I do see some options but I just think that overall, he gets my vote. Others that could be options are Stewart and Moody. I just say Dan Ray Hooks for numerous reasons....... Man flat out knows how to get it done and how to put the right people in place and empower them to coach......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder