Lamar vs. Nicholls Updates..Lamar Wins/Comments

KFDM COOP

This score should not have even been this close. The refs were terrible.....  Roc did a good job tonight and the team played well....   We were not out coached this game.  We made some good adjustments this game and played very good defense.   Having lamb as a 3 has changed his game and re lit his fire.  Hopefully this win will ignite a win streak

I was at this game (season ticket holder, need to use them), Lamar played okay, but Nichols has zero inside game and I can't understand how they beat Lamar earlier in the season. All they do is shoot 3's. I bet they missed 20 three pointers just in the 2nd half alone.

It's a win, not one that I would be overly proud of though. But, it's a start.

One question, what was up with how Roc had his assistants situated on the bench? Normally, all the coaches sit at the front end of the bench (near scoring table). Tonight, Roc sat in the first chair, then he had 4-5 players sitting in the next few chairs, then an assistant, then a few players, another assistant, a couple of players, then an assistant sat at the end of the bench. I have never seen a coaching staff sit in that manner on the bench. I even asked two local prominent coaches who were in attendance what was up with that and neither had a clue. Neither had ever seen a bench arranged in that manner. Very odd.

I have to agree with LUFAN, the refs were bad, they bought into some of Bose flops and I don't think Davis threw an elbow for the T. 
The last couple of games the coaches have sat as said oddly.  I thought at first the coach on the end was in the dog house too. 
At 2:29 left in the game during a time out Roc went balistic slamming his clip board a few times on a chair then on the floor.  I guess because they  at ahad lost the 25 point lead.
A win is a win.

I was at the game and have some questions also.
First, does Lamar BB have a training staff? 2nd half, I look up and see the team carrying a player to the bench. I looked weird. Most of the time I would expect a trainer to be on the player when an injury occurs.
Second, since when do refs go to replay for a technical foul?
Maybe I watch too much baseball or football.

Yes they do have a training staff. David McDonald is the trainer and the guy Mike James ran over trying to save a rebound. He can't run out to the floor until coach Roc tells him too for some reason.

Also, the college rule about throwing elbows to clear space is an automatic technical fall if done above the shoulders I think. Then refs can go to the monitor to see if it was intentional and can even eject the player.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="965802" timestamp="1297694627"]
Also, the college rule about throwing elbows to clear space is an automatic technical fall if done above the shoulders I think. Then refs can go to the monitor to see if it was intentional and can even eject the player.
[/quote]
New rule this year.  Trying to get the swinging elbows out of the rebound.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="965802" timestamp="1297694627"]
Yes they do have a training staff. David McDonald is the trainer and the guy Mike James ran over trying to save a rebound. He can't run out to the floor until [b]coach Roc tells him [/b] too for some reason.

[/quote]

I also thought that they should go out to tend to Minor, but I sit close to the bench and heard coach Roc tell them NOT to got out.  He said it a couple of times to make sure they understood.
Coy, Lamb and Brown had to carry him off the court. 

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="965939" timestamp="1297712286"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=80203.msg965802#msg965802 date=1297694627]
Yes they do have a training staff. David McDonald is the trainer and the guy Mike James ran over trying to save a rebound. He can't run out to the floor until [b]coach Roc tells him [/b] too for some reason.

[/quote]

I also thought that they should go out to tend to Minor, but I sit close to the bench and heard coach Roc tell them NOT to got out.  He said it a couple of times to make sure they understood.
Coy, Lamb and Brown had to carry him off the court. 
[/quote]  That saved a time-out

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder