Time for Roc to go?

time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?

• give him the axe
    • one more year
    • Roc is the answer!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="956181" timestamp="1296185835"]
I am confused. Are we giving him the axe or are we giving him the boot? ;) ;D
[/quote]

The boot. I don't want to insult Roc, he did graduate from LU. I just don't think he is a fit for our program.

Hopefully he finds something at another school and leaves on his own, that would let him leave with dignity.

[quote name="CardAmbassador" post="956223" timestamp="1296191390"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79372.msg956181#msg956181 date=1296185835]
[/quote]

The boot. I don't want to insult Roc, he did graduate from LU. I just don't think he is a fit for our program.

[b]Hopefully he finds something at another school and leaves on his own, that would let him leave with dignity.[/b]
[/quote]

I like that, that sounds reasonable. 

I was listening to the sports show prior to the Tidwell call in show on KLVI yeterday. So I called and asked them to speak with Tidwell about the situation with Roc. They had the nuts to get on the radio and say that this team was great and that ROC is doing a great job this year. All I could say is wow! They said that it was not Roc's fault that they shot 23%... and that they were taking high percentage shots... Our loses almost fall 100% on Roc's shoulders as he is unable to make adjustments and motivate his players.

[quote name="LUFAN" post="956327" timestamp="1296228025"]
I was listening to the sports show prior to the Tidwell call in show on KLVI yeterday. So I called and asked them to speak with Tidwell about the situation with Roc. They had the nuts to get on the radio and say that this team was great and that ROC is doing a great job this year. All I could say is wow! They said that it was not Roc's fault that they shot 23%... and that they were taking high percentage shots... Our loses almost fall 100% on Roc's shoulders as he is unable to make adjustments and motivate his players.
[/quote]

KLVI is the voice of Lamar athletics so I doubt they would publicly say anything bad any of the coaches, matter how bad they may be doing.

[quote name="CardAmbassador" post="956223" timestamp="1296191390"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79372.msg956181#msg956181 date=1296185835]
[/quote]

Hopefully he finds something at another school and leaves on his own, that would let him leave with dignity.
[/quote]

I think that's a good idea also, but I doubt he would leave Lamar unless fired or "assigned to another position."

I would like to see Billy Clyde get a shot here knowing that he would leave most likely in 5 years, particularly if he makes it to the dance those last couple of seasons.

What I would like to see is BCG bring a good assistant in with him like what Tubbs did with Foster. Then when Billy leaves, hand it over to that top assistant to keep the program moving forward. But the assistant must be a Foster type, not a Roc type. Tubbs is 1-1 in that department. ;)

I know that is much to ask, but why not?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="956516" timestamp="1296243345"]
I would like to see Billy Clyde get a shot here knowing that he would leave most likely in 5 years, particularly if he makes it to the dance those last couple of seasons.

What I would like to see is BCG bring a good assistant in with him like what Tubbs did with Foster. Then when Billy leaves, hand it over to that top assistant to keep the program moving forward. But the assistant must be a Foster type, not a Roc type. Tubbs is 1-1 in that department. ;)

I know that is much to ask, but why not?
[/quote]

Am pretty sure Pat Foster never was an assistant under Tubbs. When BT left, Foster came here from position as chief assistant at Arkansas.

Best part about Lamar coaching searches..

The fans' expectations are through the roof and we get to hear hyperbole of how many great coaches are interested in coming to Lamar... then we end up with another Ray Woodard-type, a guy with no head coaching experience at the Div I level, let alone the Div II level. Fantastic!

[quote name="LUFAN" post="956547" timestamp="1296245161"]
Lots of good coaches out there. I think we could possibly get Quinn Snyder, he is coaching the Austin Torros NBDL team.
[/quote]
I like Snyder (I am a Duke fan) and would make that call - but I don't see it happening.  His first head gig wat at Mizzou - as much as it pains me to say it, LU would be quite a step down.  Plus, he is coaching - probably at a competitive salary.  If we do go to the WAC, both he and Gillespie will be stronger options, but not in the Southland.

And I see BCG getting the Tech job, if the brass in Lubbock has the stones to part ways with Lil' Knight.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="956557" timestamp="1296245925"]
[quote author=LUFAN link=topic=79372.msg956547#msg956547 date=1296245161]
Lots of good coaches out there. I think we could possibly get Quinn Snyder, he is coaching the Austin Torros NBDL team.
[/quote]
I like Snyder (I am a Duke fan) and would make that call - but I don't see it happening.  His first head gig wat at Mizzou - as much as it pains me to say it, LU would be quite a step down.  Plus, he is coaching - probably at a competitive salary.  If we do go to the WAC, both he and Gillespie will be stronger options, but not in the Southland.

And I see BCG getting the Tech job, if the brass in Lubbock has the stones to part ways with Lil' Knight.
[/quote]

I think Snyder is now an assistant for the 76ers so I doubt he'll step down to this level.  BCG will probably get hired by Texas Tech or another higher-level school, but you never know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder