HJ @ Hamshire Fannett (Finally The Showdown!)

HFmom is starting to remind me of all the vidor fans who predicted that Vidor was going to compete for a district championship after starting out 19-0 or something against terrible teams (they did beat HF four times, ironically enough).  those fans argued with me back and forth when i suggested that their garbage schedule proved nothing as to how good they are. now that the district has started, Vidor is 2-6 in district, and fans are making posts like "i just don't understand it, these kids are as talented as any team in the district..."  well, no they aren't, or they wouldn't be 2-6.  the same goes for HF.  they are improved this year from last year, but seriously, you're 1-3 in district with your one win against 8-18 BC, and hanging your hat on a close LOSS! (reminds me of vidor vs. nederland, by the way)  you can GUARANTEE at least 3 more losses in district, possibly 4 or 5.  best case scenario is 4-6 in district, and that's would be much better than last season, but seriously, this team is as talented as anyone... it's all the coach's fault.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HJ is much more talented than HF. The talent level is not the same, trust me. Seen both teams numerous times this season, it's not even close.

HF is improved from the last few years, but to lay all the teams shortcomings at the coaches feet is just plain stupidity. To suggest he is the reason why HF can't beat HJ or Silsbee is ludicrous.

[quote name="bullets13" post="955838" timestamp="1296154771"]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=79300.msg955337#msg955337 date=1296085925]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79300.msg955183#msg955183 date=1296069720]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79300.msg955171#msg955171 date=1296069132]
I'd be shocked if HJ doesn't win this one by at least 25, but HF has shocked me before (namely how well they played silsbee and how poorly they played WOS).
[/quote]HF didn't play with the intensity they had against Silsbee. Plus Silsbee missed a bunch of easy shots and bad passes. ;)
[/quote]

Correction Blue - Silsbee was only missing their 2nd best player and their head coach which make up the team!  :)
[/quote]

yeah, and if HF had a different coach, they'd "handle HJ".  just like they would've handled WOS, i presume?
[/quote]I'm not saying that at all. "It is what it is."

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="955891" timestamp="1296158555"]
HJ is much more talented than HF. The talent level is not the same, trust me. Seen both teams numerous times this season, it's not even close.

HF is improved from the last few years, but to lay all the teams shortcomings at the coaches feet is just plain stupidity. To suggest he is the reason why HF can't beat HJ or Silsbee is ludicrous.
[/quote]First of all, I still think HF has a way to go to be able to compete mentally with the top teams in their district. I think the HF coach did a better job of subbing against WO-S, but HF players also have to do their part, as well as the coach. Personally, I think some players didn't play as hard against WO-S. HF has to keep the core of their best players active in the game. You can't put in 3 role players with 6 minutes left in a quarter. Based on the talent level that HF has, the core of their best players gotta stay active in the game and not rely on subs to help keep you in the game.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="955872" timestamp="1296157505"]
If they would have backed up the....loss..with a respectable score against WOS, then maybe I could see where some might be confused that they have more or equal talent to HJ, but they didn't because of the coach, it's never the players, it's that darn coach. The better team still won (Silsbee) it just wasn't by a lot.
[/quote]Basketball is a funny game. Its hard to get up for competition when you have no respect towards a weaker team. The Silsbee players were loose and jovial before the game, which is good. But I also saw a lack of focus on their part. Their poor play throughout the game gave HF the confidence that they could hang with Silsbee that night. I saw the same attitude with Galveston Ball when they played Silsbee. Ball did not take Silsbee seriously  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="955931" timestamp="1296161829"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79300.msg955838#msg955838 date=1296154771]
I'd be shocked if HJ doesn't win this one by at least 25, but HF has shocked me before (namely how well they played silsbee and how poorly they played WOS).
[/quote]HF didn't play with the intensity they had against Silsbee. Plus Silsbee missed a bunch of easy shots and bad passes. ;)
[/quote]

Correction Blue - Silsbee was only missing their 2nd best player and their head coach which make up the team!  :)
[/quote]

yeah, and if HF had a different coach, they'd "handle HJ".  just like they would've handled WOS, i presume?
[/quote]
i wasn't directing that at you, blue.  mom there wants to throw my words back in my face,  so i'll be happy to throw her own asinine words back in hers.

[quote name="underdog" post="955945" timestamp="1296162935"]
HJ by 18, what is the latest on Carr? :-\
[/quote]

Carr is out until at least next week and Anderson is now out for the season........he played all of 1 minute for the Hawks this year.  Good stat line though.......1 rebound and 1 steal!!!!!

[quote name="bullets13" post="955960" timestamp="1296163610"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79300.msg955931#msg955931 date=1296161829]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79300.msg955838#msg955838 date=1296154771]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
i wasn't directing that at you, blue.  mom there wants to throw my words back in my face,  so i'll be happy to throw her own asinine words back in hers.
[/quote]oH I know. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="955954" timestamp="1296163432"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=79300.msg955872#msg955872 date=1296157505]
If they would have backed up the....loss..with a respectable score against WOS, then maybe I could see where some might be confused that they have more or equal talent to HJ, but they didn't because of the coach, it's never the players, it's that darn coach. The better team still won (Silsbee) it just wasn't by a lot.
[/quote]Basketball is a funny game. Its hard to get up for competition nyou have no respect towards. The Silsbee players were loose and jovial before the game, which is good. But I also saw a lack of focus on their part. Their poor play throughout the game gave HF the confidence that they could hang with Silsbee that night. I saw the same attitude with Galveston Ball when they played Silsbee. Ball did not take Silsbee seriously  ;)
[/quote]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

bullets - i'm glad you know how to use the word ignorant and asinine now you just need to learn when to use them.  If you want to throw my words in my face be sure they are the words that come out of my mouth not what you think you read.  "handle HJ" was not what I said.  Keep your dictionary or Wikipedia open and find some more words to throw since that's all you seem to know how to do.  Believe me I am FAR from anything like a Vidor fan and that was expressed in a post you may have read from me in the "Orangefield Tournament Update Thread/Vidor wins tournament!" thread.  It seems you did read it because here it is a month later and you're saying the same thing I said in that post...oh maybe you're throwing my words in my face.   :D :D :D  

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="955961" timestamp="1296163652"]
[quote author=underdog link=topic=79300.msg955945#msg955945 date=1296162935]
[/quote]

Carr is out until at least next week and Anderson is now out for the season........he played all of 1 minute for the Hawks this year.  Good stat line though.......1 rebound and 1 steal!!!!!
[/quote]Carr will be out 2 -4 weeks, probably closer to two.

[quote name="hfmom08" post="952857" timestamp="1295679021"]
)[/color]  :D
I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR"
[/quote]

[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=79300.msg955823#msg955823 date=1296153049]

HF has just as much talent as HJ so yes they could win this game.  [/quote]

So let's see, you've stated that HF COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in the district THIS YEAR.  You've also stated that HF has just as much talent as HJ.  What words exactly did i put in your mouth?  You seem to think that if you say something like "HF could handle anyone in the district", and i say that you said "HF could handle HJ", that i misquoted you.  Not particularly true, since HJ is included in "anyone in the district THIS YEAR".  So like i was saying, asinine.  And ignorant?  Which are more ignorant, your statements, or AAW's which completely disagreed with you?  I'd say if AAW says you're wrong, you're probably the one making ignorant statements considering he's seen both teams play multiple times, and has probably watched thousands of HS basketball games over his lifetime, including regional and state tournaments (i think he's been to the state tournament over 30 years in a row as a spectator).  

Definition of ASININE
1: extremely or utterly foolish <an asinine excuse>
2: of, relating to, or resembling a donkey (this is not the asinine i'm referring to)
3. HF has just as much talent as HJ

Definition of IGNORANT
1a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
1b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2. If the coach would quit coaching like it's little dribblers, HF could handle anyone in the district THIS YEAR

Now, could the unlikely happen, and HF somehow upset HJ?  Sure, it's not out of the realm of possibilities.  Is it likely?  Of course not.  Would a different coach make it likely?  Of course not.

[quote name="bullets13" post="956087" timestamp="1296174198"]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=78903.msg952857#msg952857 date=1295679021]
)[/color]  :D
I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR"
[/quote]

[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=79300.msg955823#msg955823 date=1296153049]

HF has just as much talent as HJ so yes they could win this game.  [/quote]

So let's see, you've stated that HF COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in the district THIS YEAR.  You've also stated that HF has just as much talent as HJ.  What words exactly did i put in your mouth?  You seem to think that if you say something like "HF could handle anyone in the district", and i say that you said "HF could handle HJ", that i misquoted you.  Not particularly true, since HJ is included in "anyone in the district THIS YEAR".  So like i was saying, asinine.  And ignorant?  Which are more ignorant, your statements, or AAW's which completely disagreed with you?  I'd say if AAW says you're wrong, you're probably the one making ignorant statements considering he's seen both teams play multiple times, and has probably watched thousands of HS basketball games over his lifetime, including regional and state tournaments (i think he's been to the state tournament over 30 years in a row as a spectator).  

Definition of ASININE
1: extremely or utterly foolish <an asinine excuse>
2: of, relating to, or resembling a donkey (this is not the asinine i'm referring to)
3. HF has just as much talent as HJ

Definition of IGNORANT
1a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
1b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2. If the coach would quit coaching like it's little dribblers, HF could handle anyone in the district THIS YEAR

Now, could the unlikely happen, and HF somehow upset HJ?  Sure, it's not out of the realm of possibilities.  Is it likely?  Of course not.  Would a different coach make it likely?  Of course not.
[/quote]

bullets - glad to see you use your dictionary, wikipedia and google like I suggested.  Now look up plagiarism.  Glad you know AAW so well to know how many times he's seen these two teams play and how many state tournaments he's seen over his lifetime but that says nothing for you and I think AAW can speak for himself.  Continue on with your definitions but you can't define me. 

Yes, I can speak for myself (though bullets is pretty dead on ;)).

I'll be attending my 40th straight state tourney this year.

Oh, and HJ is more talented than HF. That may change in the next few years, but as for this year, not close.

Also, HF would still lose to HJ with Phil Jackson at the helm. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="956191" timestamp="1296186829"]

Oh, and HJ is more talented than HF. That may change in the next few years, but as for this year, not close.

[/quote]

AAW you must be a Celtic fan!  :D

[quote name="hfmom08" post="956196" timestamp="1296187139"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79300.msg956191#msg956191 date=1296186829]

[/quote]

AAW you must be a Celtic fan!  :D
[/quote]

Nope, I always support the local pro franchises. I am a Rockets fan.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="955961" timestamp="1296163652"]
[quote author=underdog link=topic=79300.msg955945#msg955945 date=1296162935]
[/quote]

Carr is out until at least next week and Anderson is now out for the season........he played all of 1 minute for the Hawks this year.  Good stat line though.......1 rebound and 1 steal!!!!!
[/quote] Thanks, I saw Will in the BC game. One trip down the floor and back to the bench. It's bad enough to be hurt, but that is the only chance he will get his SENIOR year.

[quote name="hfmom08" post="955823" timestamp="1296153049"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=79300.msg955737#msg955737 date=1296145754]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=79300.msg955734#msg955734 date=1296145424]
[quote author=Grizz link=topic=79300.msg955511#msg955511 date=1296100228]
hf by 30+  :D :D :D

hj by 15+
[/quote]

HF will be out coached...HJ definitely has a strong coaching staff and will know just what to do and how to adjust.  Yes I am an HF fan and supporter but reality is reality.  Good luck HORNS!
[/quote]

HF could have the best coach in America and they still wouldn't win this game.
[/quote]

Funny you should say that Bobcat - HF sure did beat OF (Bobcats) this season without "the best coach in America".  So you think if HF had Phil Jackson  :o they still wouldn't win against HJ?  HF has just as much talent as HJ so yes they could win this game.  And yes, I'm a Laker fan too!
[/quote]

bump.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="956191" timestamp="1296186829"]

[/quote]this will be  32 for me

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder