Diboll @ Jasper

no-look

IDK?  I was trying to figure which would be the better win for Huntington.  Jasper could end the first half at 4-2 if they win, they have a bye next week.  Or if they lose they will be 3-3 at the first half of district.  Diboll if they win will be 4-2 because they play Kirbyville the last game of the first have and shouldnt have trouble with them.  If they lose they end up  at 3-3 at the end of the first half.  Huntington has Hudson and Central.  Both of these games scare me.  The Central game is at home at least.  Huntington could finish 4-2 if they win both or 3-3 if they split or 2-4 if they lose both.  Hudson is 4-0 and has Huntington and Center.  Center is 3-1 and they have have Kirybville tomorrow and Hudson on Friday to finish the 1st half of district.
I am going to go with Jasper winning, with it at home and I dont know if Diboll will be smart enough to play them right.  We will see.

It will be turf on the football field before a new gym.  That is one thing that amazed me last year was Tatum and Arp, both 2A schools have turf foorball fields with better facilties than some colleges and tatums gym is dadgum noce too.  Arp didnt spend as much on their gym as they did on their firld, they got turf and a concrete 10-12 foot beautiful fence going the majority the way around.  2A!!!

[quote name="east texas bb" post="950076" timestamp="1295316825"]
I am going to go with Jasper winning, with it at home and I dont know if Diboll will be smart enough to play them right.  We will see.

[/quote]

So, for the rest of us mortals that aren't "SMART ENOUGH", perhaps you could throw us a few bones.  If Diboll wins, they played smart, if they loose, they didn't?

You dont have to be offensive.  No one is claiming absolute knowledge, but if you have watched Jasper play much this year you will notice they can not shoot from out. I dont know the inter dwellings of Diboll so I dont know if they know this or not.  We will see.  Im going to smite you for that remark, so take that.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="950223" timestamp="1295327391"]
You dont have to be offensive.  No one is claiming absolute knowledge, but if you have watched Jasper play much this year you will notice they can not shoot from out. I dont know the inter dwellings of Diboll so I dont know if they know this or not.  We will see.  Im going to smite you for that remark, so take that.
[/quote]Diboll coach does a good job of preparing....but I've heard that that you have to beat  the score keeper, refs, and time keeper to have a chance at Jasper.  ;D

[quote name="no-look" post="950258" timestamp="1295357253"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78888.msg950223#msg950223 date=1295327391]
[/quote]Diboll coach does a good job of preparing....but I've heard that that you have to beat  the score keeper, refs, and time keeper to have a chance at Jasper.  ;D
[/quote]
As I posted on the "other game" link, Jasper has to watch just as carefully.  I personally saw Jasper almost lose 2 points because someone at the score table simply missed it.  A fan had to cross the gym and tell the Jasper coach before it was challenged.  I suppose that most score keepers (presumably human) could miss recording a score at any school.  That does not mean that they had nefarious intent.

Perhaps the comments are accurate.  But it seems strange to me that the comments like we saw last week seem to come from the same team's fans.  In 2009 the same team posters had some strong things to say about how they were treated in football at Jasper.  So accurate?  Sour grapes?  Bad chemistry?  I don't know.  But I find it very reassuring that fans from other schools state here that they have not had similar problems at Jasper.

[quote name="j_dog" post="950642" timestamp="1295396971"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78888.msg950258#msg950258 date=1295357253]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78888.msg950223#msg950223 date=1295327391]
[/quote]
As I posted on the "other game" link, Jasper has to watch just as carefully.  I personally saw Jasper almost lose 2 points because someone at the score table simply missed it.  A fan had to cross the gym and tell the Jasper coach before it was challenged.  I suppose that most score keepers (presumably human) could miss recording a score at any school.  That does not mean that they had nefarious intent.

Perhaps the comments are accurate.  But it seems strange to me that the comments like we saw last week seem to come from the same team's fans.  In 2009 the same team posters had some strong things to say about how they were treated in football at Jasper.  So accurate?  Sour grapes?  Bad chemistry?  I don't know.  But I find it very reassuring that fans from other schools state here that they have not had similar problems at Jasper.
[/quote]

J-Dog,

I was one of those who was willing to give the benefit of the doubt...but not after tonight's games. It was atrocious, the mistakes that were made in both the Diboll girls game and the boys game that followed.  I promise you it isn't sour grapes in my case...but something needs to be done. Far too many mistakes were made in clock management, score keeping,  etc. Far too many. 

[quote name="no-look" post="950258" timestamp="1295357253"]
You dont have to be offensive.  No one is claiming absolute knowledge, but if you have watched Jasper play much this year you will notice they can not shoot from out. I dont know the inter dwellings of Diboll so I dont know if they know this or not.  We will see.  Im going to smite you for that remark, so take that.
[/quote]

All too true, no-look, all too true. It was a travesty.  Does that warrent another smite? Have at it.

[quote name="meadowlark" post="950959" timestamp="1295415618"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=78888.msg950642#msg950642 date=1295396971]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78888.msg950258#msg950258 date=1295357253]
[/quote]

[/quote]

J-Dog,

I was one of those who was willing to give the benefit of the doubt...but not after tonight's games. It was atrocious, the mistakes that were made in both the Diboll girls game and the boys game that followed.  I promise you it isn't sour grapes in my case...but something needs to be done. Far too many mistakes were made in clock management, score keeping,  etc. Far too many. 
[/quote]
I hope the Jasper administrators read this board.  If there is a problem, fix it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder