Commissioner says WAC has new members lined up

[quote name="bigred360" post="956447" timestamp="1296236407"]

FCS schools beating FBS schools doesn't happen all that often. If so, please name 10 that happened all of last season.

I have no problem with SHSU staying FCS. It probably fits your program best.
[/quote]

I'm fine with Sam staying in FCS because of the budgetary requirements mainly. The cost of that move is astronomical, and I don't think the costs should be passed down to the students so that the school can be a punching bag.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="956707" timestamp="1296260840"]
You didn't answer the first part of my question. If FCS schools are always beating FBS schools in football please name a few from last season.
[/quote]

I know that Jacksonville State beat Ole Miss last year. That's just off the top of my head.

[quote name="bigred360" post="956751" timestamp="1296263304"]
JJ was making it sound like it happened a lot. The University of South Dakota football team beat Minnesota. So, that is two times a FCS school beat a FBS school in football. Can someone name about 10 more last season?
[/quote]

So far, we've named 4. 4 in one year is a lot, to me at least.

[quote name="bigred360" post="956751" timestamp="1296263304"]
JJ was making it sound like it happened a lot. The University of South Dakota football team beat Minnesota. So, that is two times a FCS school beat a FBS school in football. Can someone name about 10 more last season?
[/quote]

It doesn't happen nearly enough, IMO, but here are last years upsets:

1) Ole Miss, SEC (Jacksonville State 49-48, 2 OT)
2) Kansas, Big 12 (NDSU 6-3)
3) Akron, Mid-American (Gardner-Webb 38-37, OT)
4) Minnesota, Big 10 (South Dakota 41-38)
5) #13 Virginia Tech, ACC (James Madison 21-16)
6) Ball State, Mid-American (Liberty 27-23)
7) San Jose State, WAC (UC-Davis 14-13)

Also, I watched first hand, Montana State beat the crap out of WSU on the road, and end up losing by a point in the waning minutes as WSU pulls out a last minute FG.

Does it happen all the time, nope, but once you get to be consistent, people notice.  They got paid big time bucks to go out there and add a win to their record.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder