Absolute Circus - Jasper..List Of Applicants Now Posted!

Let me start by saying I have nothing against Coach Morgan - Might be the nicest guy in the world.  

Jasper has turned this process into a 3 ring circus again.  The powers at be told others they were the frontrunner and led them to believe the job would be offered to them and then went another direction twice.  People on the committee even went as far as to tell other people outside the district that other people were getting the job and I am not making this stuff up.

I have lost respect for the Jasper powers at be - The people in charge of this from the get go used people to get what they wanted.  Chris Coleman has always had my utmost respect, but this was handled wrong and he knows it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="playdefense" post="947381" timestamp="1294930846"]
Let me start by saying I have nothing against Coach Morgan - Might be the nicest guy in the world. 

Jasper has turned this process into a 3 ring circus again.  The powers at be told others they were the frontrunner and led them to believe the job would be offered to them and then went another direction twice.  People on the committee even went as far as to tell other people outside the district that other people were getting the job and I am not making this stuff up.

I have lost respect for the Jasper powers at be - The people in charge of this from the get go used people to get what they wanted.  Chris Coleman has always had my utmost respect, but this was handled wrong and he knows it.

[/quote]Sounds like someone is mad because they didn't get the gig...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="947401" timestamp="1294932238"]
[quote author=playdefense link=topic=78668.msg947381#msg947381 date=1294930846]

Jasper has turned this process into a 3 ring circus again.  The powers at be told others they were the frontrunner and led them to believe the job would be offered to them and then went another direction twice.  People on the committee even went as far as to tell other people outside the district that other people were getting the job and I am not making this stuff up.

I have lost respect for the Jasper powers at be - The people in charge of this from the get go used people to get what they wanted.  Chris Coleman has always had my utmost respect, but this was handled wrong and he knows it.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[/quote]

No I think it has more truth than jealous.  I agree 100%.  Why would I be mad Alvarez didnt get the job.  I would much rather him stay in Kirbyville.  I dont know anything about the other two coachs.  I just know the Jasper administration and I know this could have and should have been handled differently.  

Jasper has turned this process into a 3 ring circus again.  The powers at be told others they were the frontrunner and led them to believe the job would be offered to them and then went another direction twice.  People on the committee even went as far as to tell other people outside the district that other people were getting the job and I am not making this stuff up.

I have lost respect for the Jasper powers at be - The people in charge of this from the get go used people to get what they wanted.  Chris Coleman has always had my utmost respect, but this was handled wrong and he knows it.

[/quote]

Actually, I kinda agree.  I have never seen such cloak and dagger process with regard to the hiring of a high school football coach.  But in the end, Jasper looks to have gotten a good man for the job and one who will guide the Bulldogs back to respectability....that is if things don't change in the next day or so.

I was not the dog in the hunt, but a friend of mine was and what they did was wrong.  I have nothing against who got it - I am sure he will do a good job.  They made this thing a circus when Bickham was hired and fired for that matter and they turned it into a circus again.  When you send an e-mail to a prospective candidate and tell him he is the frontrunner and will be the next hc at Jasper - then live up to it.  So, this will be the last post I make about the process and you guys can say what you want.  Good luck to all of you.

I don't see how Jasper could have done this any better, and a circus? really? I mean if the offer was made to Bowman, I'm sure the Jasper Administration was led to believe that he (Bowman) really wanted the job and would accept the offer. If anyone here is to blame for the "Circus" it is Bowman, for leading Jasper on, and then making the private offer, public. Who can blame Jasper for trying to offer the job to a guy who has won three state championships? As for the "Frontrunner E-mail", [b]IF[/b] it was sent (I have serious doubts about that) then I feel bad for the guy, but I can't blame Jasper for trying to get the most successful man for the job.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="947456" timestamp="1294936255"]
I don't see how Jasper could have done this any better, and a circus? really? I mean if the offer was made to Bowman, I'm sure the Jasper Administration was led to believe that he (Bowman) really wanted the job and would accept the offer. If anyone here is to blame for the "Circus" it is Bowman, for leading Jasper on, and then making the private offer, public. Who can blame Jasper for trying to offer the job to a guy who has won three state championships? [b]As for the "Frontrunner E-mail", [b]IF[/b] it was sent (I have serious doubts about that)[/b] then I feel bad for the guy, but I can't blame Jasper for trying to get the most successful man for the job.
[/quote]

I'll just say this, no doubts here. ;)

[quote name="playdefense" post="947381" timestamp="1294930846"]

[/quote]
Fentress, you have been wrapped up in this from the get-go.  I don't think that Jasper really cares what any of us think.

Why don't you explain the proper way to hire a head coach? Would your way involve coercion with ex-school board members and the Superintendent?  People who are used to getting what they want?

I feel like Coach Alvarez was the man for the job--just my choice because I observed what he did in Kirbyville & the kids know what he did with Kirbyville- they wanted to work with him just as well.... now with that being said, I have nothing against who they went with, maybe he will be a great or maybe not, just doesn't believe the choice was in our teams best intrest! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder