Spurger vs. Burkeville Game Thread/Spurger Wins/Comments

Guest Abraham
[quote name="3PoPPeR-#1" post="942481" timestamp="1294200682"]
Abraham your crazy... Bkv is better than Spurger and def better than Goodrich, J/S if u woulda been at the game u wouldnt say Spurger over Bkv. Refs = Trash
[/quote]
No i'm not your crazy just rememer what i said
1. leggett
2. goodrich
3. SPURGER!!!!

And the refs were trash in burkeville?? hard to believe that lol normally you go there 9 times out of 10 the refs are more for the almighty mustangs sorry but its the truth  ;D

Guest Abraham
[quote name="Head Coach" post="942572" timestamp="1294205064"]
Congrats Pirates, looks like the Mustangs are putting it all together. Great game by both teams, and can't blame the refs. If you beat a team by a good margin, then refs should not matter. Again good game by both teams.
[/quote]

Sunds like it was a great game.

SIMPLE FACT: Mustangs played good game, spurger played good game, refs called a good gameamd Abraham pirates shot more ft, game coulda went eiether way,
in my opinion these two teams take the #1 and #2 spots in district with
Leggett getting 3rd. Can't blame refs. They let the players decide the winner and tonight
spurger was just 2 points better. Good job to both teams.
#1 Spurger/Burkeville
#2 Spurger/Burkeville
#3 Legget
J-M-O  8)

Burkeville has two main players in #23 (their big guy) and #20 who can shot the three impressively.

I left the gym concerned how the score keepers did (or didn't do ) their job. Either they are incompetent or tried to sway the game to Burkevilles favor. The did not have control of the clock or the score. Beware to the other teams in this district, make sure someone one your bench keeps a good book so that you can challenge the score table. Make sure that they stop the clock when they should and that they post the correct score. I have not seen a worse score table.

The ref's were not very good, but atleast they very bad at each end.

The game was a lot closer than it should have been. Burkeville playes very hard and seemed to have a good game plan. The rematch on the 28th will be interesting to see.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="942615" timestamp="1294231665"]
Burkeville has two main players in #23 (their big guy) and #20 who can shot the three impressively.

I left the gym concerned how the score keepers did (or didn't do ) their job. Either they are incompetent or tried to sway the game to Burkevilles favor. The did not have control of the clock or the score. Beware to the other teams in this district, make sure someone one your bench keeps a good book so that you can challenge the score table. Make sure that they stop the clock when they should and that they post the correct score. I have not seen a worse score table.

The ref's were not very good, but atleast they very bad at each end.

The game was a lot closer than it should have been. Burkeville playes very hard and seemed to have a good game plan. The rematch on the 28th will be interesting to see.
[/quote]

I was at the game last night and I don't think anybody tried to sway the game in any direction toward either team. Yes the ref's made some bad calls, both ways , but in the end Burkeville lost that game because they missed about 20 or so easy lay ups.. had they performed in that area the score would have been 80+ to 46.... also Burkeville struggle on Defense and rebounding as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin