East Chambers Holiday Classic Tournament Thread/HJ Wins Tourney!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...Isn't it amazing how one team can talk through a game and their just, "supporting their team".  Yet when a winning team's fans comment about how terrible the officiating has been for a game/tournament then this team is, yet again, "classless".  How can one say they have class when your fan outright called a player an "oreo"!  What the what? When did that become, ok? Oh, and yes thank you very much, the team did handle that situation with class.  I'm sure you didn't know about that classless comment, huh?  When does it end? Before you come on here blasting one of the most well supported teams in IIA b-ball, get all your facts straight, not just the ones You decide to share.  Evadale was being handed the game by the officials, yet they still couldn't pull it off.  Why is that? Ahhh, maybe because the N.W. Bulldogs won by playing solid basketball.  They work well under pressure you know...Oh by the way, the fan that you said was put out, not so...She left because she couldn't stand to watch her team being brutilized by the UFC Evadale players.  The officials just stood by and called every baby foul on N.W.  If you would encourage them to play ball and not be cheap shot artists, maybe you can win a game and not go 0-5 in the next tournament!  Tonight, your kid with so much class, #21, started in on our fans.  He then, as the "tail-tucking bandit by night" did on the previous day, ran to the sheriff for assistance.  Wow, seems like those two tail tuckers read the same, "How to" book.

[quote name="True Blue" post="939242" timestamp="1293597530"]
Ec playes Evadale at 1:30.. After being at the gym for 2 days I have seen some very hard played games. But I have to say the New Waverly has the most classless fans I have seen in 20 years of watching Highschool Basketball. They had a fan thrown out of the Evadale game, that they were up by 10 points, then had 2 fans kicked out of the EC game during half time for verbally attacking a Evadale player.  Their head coach handled him self and his team with class but their fans were trash talking, low class fools.
[/quote] When a team goes to a tour. where BEAUMONT REF. are use and the other team dont use the BEAUMONT REF. that team will get screw big time.

[quote name="nwbulldogfan" post="939265" timestamp="1293602483"]
Well...Isn't it amazing how one team can talk through a game and their just, "supporting their team".  Yet when a winning team's fans comment about how terrible the officiating has been for a game/tournament then this team is, yet again, "classless".  How can one say they have class when your fan outright called a player an "oreo"!  What the what? When did that become, ok? Oh, and yes thank you very much, the team did handle that situation with class.  I'm sure you didn't know about that classless comment, huh?  When does it end? Before you come on here blasting one of the most well supported teams in IIA b-ball, get all your facts straight, not just the ones You decide to share.  Evadale was being handed the game by the officials, yet they still couldn't pull it off.  Why is that? Ahhh, maybe because the N.W. Bulldogs won by playing solid basketball.  They work well under pressure you know...Oh by the way, the fan that you said was put out, not so...She left because she couldn't stand to watch her team being brutilized by the UFC Evadale players.  The officials just stood by and called every baby foul on N.W.  If you would encourage them to play ball and not be cheap shot artists, maybe you can win a game and not go 0-5 in the next tournament!  Tonight, your kid with so much class, #21, started in on our fans.  He then, as the "tail-tucking bandit by night" did on the previous day, ran to the sheriff for assistance.  Wow, seems like those two tail tuckers read the same, "How to" book.
[/quote]
only a matter of time before trueblue makes an appearance:)

There is no tail ducking what so ever. And no one from Evadale said anything to the law. A offical that was watching went and said something to the tour. officals about the way the NW fans were talking. But if you are any of the other 7 supporting NW fans would like to talk about this we play at 1:30 today. And I aint hard to find. That is if they let you in the gym. If not just send word and I will come out side.

[quote name="True Blue" post="939336" timestamp="1293639515"]
There is no tail ducking what so ever. And no one from Evadale said anything to the law. A offical that was watching went and said something to the tour. officals about the way the NW fans were talking. But if you are any of the other 7 supporting NW fans would like to talk about this we play at 1:30 today. And I aint hard to find. That is if they let you in the gym. If not just send word and I will come out side.
[/quote] Now that some class. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

[quote name="True Blue" post="939336" timestamp="1293639515"]
[/quote]

Wow! Now the apple didn't fall too far from the tree did it?  ::)

This must be a New Waverly thing.....Was at a baseball game last May in Bryan where the entire New Waverly side of the stadium was asked to leave the park because of their constant bad mouthing and berading of the umpires.....Hate to lump everyone in the same group, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it ain't a turkey.....

[quote name="CATMAN" post="939338" timestamp="1293639862"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=77989.msg939336#msg939336 date=1293639515]
[/quote] Now that some class. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]Has not a thing to do with class. If anyone has a problem dont get on here and talk trash Grow a set and talk face to face.  Its funny how people can come on this site and say things that there is no way they will say face to face. And all the people that know me , Know I am not one of those guys. There has never been anything that I have put on this board that I would not say in person. It may not be what you wont to here but I am not hiding behind a key board.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="939341" timestamp="1293639978"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=77989.msg939336#msg939336 date=1293639515]
[/quote]

Wow! Now the apple didn't fall too far from the tree did it?  ::)
[/quote] You have got that right . He has been taught to not right a check his @ss cant cash.

[quote name="nwbulldogfan" post="939265" timestamp="1293602483"]
[/quote]#21 for Evadale does get a little excited and it hurts his play sometimes, BUT it your fan base experiences regular removals from the gym, well, that has the appearance of CRAPPY fans with no class.  It also doesn't seem this is the 1st weekend for early exits by NW fans.  I've watched a ton of basketball over the years and I can only remember 3 times where a Ive witnessed a fan thrown out and one of those was my Dad in the 70's!!!

The thing you all have to understand about Blue is he'll drop what he's doing to help anyone.  If youre in a pickle, I've been told he'll help if he can.  But he'll also state his opinion and stand by what he says, everytime.  I don't think that shows low or no class.  Getting into a verbal excahange with a player, a KID, that's a good sign of NO CLASS!

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="939350" timestamp="1293641383"]
The thing you all have to understand about Blue is he'll drop what he's doing to help anyone.  If youre in a pickle, I've been told he'll help if he can.  But he'll also state his opinion and stand by what he says, everytime.  I don't think that shows low or no class.  Getting into a verbal excahange with a player, a KID, that's a good sign of NO CLASS!
[/quote] Thank You.. I have nor will I ever say anything about a kid on here or at a game.. They are kids.. After the NW and Evadale game I went and told there coach that he had a fine group of kids , and I told the team that they had played a good game and wished them luck in their next games. During the Evadale OF game a group of NW fans sit behind the Evadale bench and bad mouth the intire team.. Then after the game they contiued to bash the KIDS..  Like I said they got kicked out of 2 games that they won... What is going to happen when they lose to HJ tonight :o

Old Blue may be a Brigadier General in the Salvation Army for all I know but he needs to take off those rose colored glasses when it comes to Evadale and that awesome inside game. (he's already thrown the kids playing point under the bus so many times they had to change the tires). Here's a recent gem from a previous thread: "[i]I dont think a 3 game is needed at this point,but I can tell you all this much..Right now the Rebs are not scared to lace it up with anyone.. They are playing this next week at the EC tour. and are the only 1a team. [b]And other than HJ I see no one that they should have trouble with.. [/b] Just wish that they had their whole team playing. 6 games in three days is hard when you dont have a deap bench. Not saying they will win them all but they will not get blew out and wont be a eazy draw for any team[/i]".

How's it working out for you?  

I think thats working pretty well.. They are playing with 7 players and are the smallest team in the tour. They were down by 5 to 4a LCM and half and then lost by 11. LCM played 12 players. They were tied with NW( last years 2a State Qualifier ) and ended down by 10. NW played 10 players. They Beat 4a Cor. by 2 ,after being up by 14 at the half. They also played 10 players. They got blew out by OF last night, they were just tired from playing so many games, and OF played only one game yesterday.  So in all I say that they have had a good tournament. There is not a team that they will face that is anywere close to as good , and deep as what they have played this weekend. They sill have to play EC at 1:30 today. So before you [color=red]uknowit[/color] start talking about things YOU DONT KNOW get some of your fact straight. Evadale is also playing short one of they starters that is the 2 in scoring. Not making any excuses just letting you know we are all proud of they way they have played so far. And their inside game has played pretty solid this weekend. Their 2 big kids have 35 blocks in 4 games. And they are still having prob. with not having a point guard but they are working on it. And I am not throwing anyone under the bus, they know that is their week spot. But you have to play with what you have. Being 1a you cant go to the JV  ,like in 2 and 3a and pull anyone up, there is no one.

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="939353" timestamp="1293642268"]
Hey CATMAN, I know this isn't the thread for this, but is Bville doing well this year or are you guys down a little?  I heard y'all are pretty young this year.   
[/quote] Very young 10 and 9 grader playing good sometime bad the other time.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="939357" timestamp="1293642739"]
Old Blue may be a Brigadier General in the Salvation Army for all I know but he needs to take off those rose colored glasses when it comes to Evadale and that awesome inside game. (he's already thrown the kids playing point under the bus so many times they had to change the tires). Here's a recent gem from a previous thread: "[i]I dont think a 3 game is needed at this point,but I can tell you all this much..Right now the Rebs are not scared to lace it up with anyone.. They are playing this next week at the EC tour. and are the only 1a team. [b]And other than HJ I see no one that they should have trouble with.. [/b] Just wish that they had their whole team playing. 6 games in three days is hard when you dont have a deap bench. Not saying they will win them all but they will not get blew out and wont be a eazy draw for any team[/i]".

How's it working out for you?  
[/quote]I think Evadale has played an extremely tough schedule this year and has nothing to be ashamed of - for they seem to be able to hang with teams that would have blown them away in recent years.  These guys are going to be good in their district and should go pretty deep into the play-offs.... no doubt about it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124