Best Running Back in Texas, if not Nationally

bh89-2

Jonathan Gray's game did get kinda crazy (yards & scoring).  [b]IMO[/b] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFe68uBDXU&feature=related]Malcolm Brown[/url] had more of a challenge in his game versus all those large monsters on the Denton defense + he wasn't 100%. 

Both are very special backs!

My opinion of Malcom is he runs straight-up most of the time.  He tends to get stood-up where backs who can get low do, which was a negative for me.  Someone said, "so did Erick Dickerson"......true.  Problem with that comparison is Erick Dickerson ran like the wind and usually has people chasing him rather than fronting him.  Maybe Malcom can too, assuming he was hurt as stated during the state title game.  I have not seen a back since Barry Sanders with the speed-burst, vision and instincts Gray has.  I was impressed, almopst to the point of a man-crush........ ;D ;D ;D  Don't get jeleous Soulja!    ;D ;D       

[quote name="liltex" post="937223" timestamp="1292981870"]
We have 1 more year to watch Gray before our ticket prices soar into the hundreds.Barring injuries this kid will be a millionaire in the near future.Already busting records and 2 state titles w/over 600 yds combined as a soph/jr in those against the best ;)
[/quote]If he goes to UT i wonder if Benson will talk down on the kid his Freshman year like he did Jamaal before the OU game?  ::)

[quote name="The Diceman" post="937062" timestamp="1292959044"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=77862.msg937061#msg937061 date=1292958962]
He broke Kenneth Hall's records for touchdowns in a season and the record for most touchdowns in a in a championship final.
[/quote]

Toss up between Jonathon Gray and Malcom Brown.
[/quote]

Jonathon Gray is better than Malcolm Brown IMO.  He's probably the best HB in the nation.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="937225" timestamp="1292982070"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=77862.msg937223#msg937223 date=1292981870]
We have 1 more year to watch Gray before our ticket prices soar into the hundreds.Barring injuries this kid will be a millionaire in the near future.Already busting records and 2 state titles w/over 600 yds combined as a soph/jr in those against the best ;)
[/quote]If he goes to UT i wonder if Benson will talk down on the kid his Freshman year like he did Jamaal before the OU game?  ::)
[/quote]

He is Aggie material through and through..........  ;) ;) ;) Actually, he can go anywhere he wants and start.  He's that good.

[quote name="Old76" post="937153" timestamp="1292970458"]
There maybe a back out there some where better than Gray but I've not seen nor heard of him.
[/quote]
Hey guys- There is a upcoming back from Pflugerville Hendrickson with sick athletic ability, and will be the a name in this discussion for sure next year. He is a freshman this year and WILL be one of the best backs in the state next year. His name is Samaje Perine, and he is a good one.. I have seen alot of good rb's in my time and he is truly a beast. Check him out on youtube the ones from 3 mths or less ago....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=samaje+perine&aq=0

[quote name="oldollie" post="937858" timestamp="1293137441"]
Read an article on Gray and he said he would like to have his mind made up by the start of his senior season, but he may not know until right before signing day. Could be a long wait on Grays' announcement.
[/quote]Please stay in Texas!!!!

[quote name="bcjag10" post="938174" timestamp="1293253911"]
[quote author=oldollie link=topic=77862.msg937858#msg937858 date=1293137441]
Read an article on Gray and he said he would like to have his mind made up by the start of his senior season, but he may not know until right before signing day. Could be a long wait on Grays' announcement.
[/quote]Please stay in Texas!!!!
[/quote]
Agree Texas needs a kid to help them win. They really need a QB!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12