Jeremy Johnson To Stay Mum Til At Least Friday

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Big Ford" post="934205" timestamp="1292513796"]
Yea but if he does come to Lamar will he be able to unseat the kid that finished the year at QB (can't recall his name) which I think did pretty good and should be the front runner?
[/quote]

I love what prewitt did at the end of the year but JJ is a totally different animal.  Won't even be close if he decides to come to Lamar!

Prewitt is on an academic scholarship, he wasn't even offered a [i]full athletic[/i] scholarship out of high school. He was also recruited to be a WR and although he was buried on the depth chart, his work ethic and attitude caught the eye of the coaches. Whenever Kevin Smith got injured, Prewitt was officially moved to QB, although he had been taking snaps during practices.

Whenever Bevil was leading the team the wrong direction and we started to hear all of the "it's okay, it is our first year" excuses, Doug stepped in and gave us a chance to win our last 3 games. I know he wasn't promised the starting position at his end of the year meeting, but I'll be surprised if Johnson is going to come in and take it like there is no competition. Maybe I'm a little biased, but Doug knows the playbook, and he has the team behind him.

We don't know where Jeremy Johnson is going to end up. Prewitt did a great job at the end of the season and I'm sure he could do well in the future. However, if we have a chance to land Jeremy Johnson he will have to compete for the starting job and I'm sure he wouldn't back away from it.

Based on the JJ video provided by AAW, there are things Prewitt just can't do that JJ can. It's not knock on Prewitt as there are few people who can.

[quote name="Dawg_Pride" post="934248" timestamp="1292519020"]
I believe if Johnson comes in they will make it a fair competition. Prewitt is a great teammate and has the support of the entire team. Sometimes thats what it takes... Not to mention Prewitt can expand the field with his arm.
[/quote]

Johnson can expand the field with his arm and his legs.  ;)

Guys........don't get me wrong I am not saying there won't be a fair competition.  That will happen as it should.  The point I am making is it won't be much of a competition between prewitt and johnson.  Johnson is just that talented and he also has a good work ethic and is a good kid.  I like prewitt alot.  JMHO!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="934368" timestamp="1292534300"]
Allright AAW, I know that you know what is going on.  Are you going to give some insight on JJ's options and his thinking?
[/quote]

I am keeping my promise. In due time.

I think some folks will be happy. ;) ;D

The haters will always hate though. ::)

I agree Jeremy Johnson is NOT all that at QB! I have watched him play on a few occasions.I seen him under pressure against a Lumberton defense and only went BACKWARDS. The mediocre Raider defense had them 3rd and 50yds for the first. He didnt handle the pressure well!! He does have some speed and would be a great pick-up as ATHLETE. He will not do as good of a Job as Prewitt did to finish the year. Call me a HATER if you want but that is the way I see it!! Smith (the QB who had to sit out due to shoulder injury) and Prewitt will be the front runners at QB. Our real need is to bulk up the offensive line and defensive line!! They all need to be living in the weight room for the next year to prepare for 2011 season!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="934373" timestamp="1292535019"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=77614.msg934368#msg934368 date=1292534300]
Allright AAW, I know that you know what is going on.  Are you going to give some insight on JJ's options and his thinking?
[/quote]

I am keeping my promise. In due time.

I think some folks will be happy. ;) ;D

The haters will always hate though. ::)
[/quote]

Kind of like you were hating on Forney, huh AAW? 

[quote name="coachacola" post="934797" timestamp="1292606537"]
There's a rumor that Shannon Dawson, SFA's OC/quarterbacks coach is going to WVU.  Will this have any effect on Jeremy Johnson's decision to transfer?
[/quote]

Dana Holgorsen, one of the hottest young OC's in CFB from Oklahoma State, just got named the Head Coach In Waiting at WVU. I am sure any young QB and WR would love to play in his system.

However, I am betting it is too late for JJ to go back.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder