[b]Honorable Mention Defense[/b]
Donovan Rubin, DL, West Orange-Stark
Aaron Breed, LB, Kirbyville
Kendrick Harrison, LB, Coldspring
Austin Potter, LB, Huffman
Caleb Cucancic, DB, Kirbyville
Taylor Kelly, DB, Coldspring

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="933001" timestamp="1292349789"]
Or maybe its the fact that reed had 129 tackles, 12 sacks, and 1 int in only 10 games as a DE. Those are some pretty impresive numbers. Plus it probably helped that he was the #1 rated DE in TX.
[/quote]

Well if he has all these accolades, stats, etc. going for him, then what does that say about the OT's and TE's from coldspring that whipped his behind the whole game? I think even a few plays a pulling guard kicked him out almost to the point of a pancake.

I don't know what it says about anybody I wasn't at the game. I do know that if a DE has 129 tackles then he must be pretty much the entire defense. And that it would be pretty easy for a good team to double and even triple team him on every play. Despite this he was still able to rack up all those numbers. All-state players are chosen based on their entire seasons performance not what may have happened 1 game. Cedric Reed is deserving of this honor and every other 1 he will get throughout his career. Even if almost every team torched clevelands defense. Reed was imo THE BEST defensive player in our district and 1 of the best in the state. Good luck to him at his future career at UT.

CHS11 everyone knows that coldspring has great players and is having a great year. I don't know why you keep coming on here bashing players. I don't remember anybody bashing the coldspring players. Just because coldspring had a great season dosent mean they were the only team in district with talent. With that being said this list is crap. Both cummings and the other rb should have been 1st or 2nd team imo. It is amazing to me how brownwood can have 9 players on this list and they aren't even in the finals. It is very easy to see that this list is biased. Good luck to coldspring this Friday I will be there cheering for you despite the conduct of some of your fans.

oh CHS11, i've seriously had enough. quite frankly who really cares what he did in the game against the all-mighty coldspring--if he had a good season and the stats to prove it. i'm so over you bashing everyone who doesn't wear a coldsprings trojan jersey. other players are deserving, its called ALL-STATE...as in they are awarding players from all over the state, not just those that are on a team who is still in the play-offs or that according to you are the most deserving, the most athletic and better than all the rest. i can give you several players at the same position as your teams players that have better stats and could start on the coldspring team no problem. but i will not take away from an individual player and their accomplishments. i think its pathetic, they are high school boys giving it their all, back off and GET OVER IT... you are giving your team a bad rep.

First of all, ced was not even double teamed by us, secondly, if you knew anything about football, you would know that you can only get so much from stats, PARTICULARLY IN A WEAK DISTRICT(not including huffman of course). I don't why it doesn't make sense to you, that if somebody is really deserving of FIRST team all state, why the voter's should take into account his performance against other d-1 talent(not rb's, linemen). If I was really trying to bash, then I would say ford doesn't deserve it based on his SECOND game against us, but I know he's been big in plenty of games against quality opponents THROUGHOUT THE SEASON, yes, even including the playoffs. It's just this particular one that I don't understand.

Also I don't care is my posts are making you mad, after seeing plenty of just stupid and idiotic posts by MANY huffman fans including you, I don't think there's much respect to be had for huffman fans either.(the ones that are on this site)

All-State is a little overrated. Congrats to those who made it, just confuses me how some kids get on it and are not even the best at the position they play on their own team. Too many deserving kids to mention on a list, I believe a lot of the names are due to committments to play in college ball and some I don't know how it's possible to get honorable mention. I know I sound like I am bashing the kids but I have no kid in the hunt just watch a lot of area ball and the team I watch got a kid on here and he is the worst one on that side of the ball. Just makes me wonder how they even make these selections.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="933402" timestamp="1292388962"]
All-State is a little overrated. Congrats to those who made it, just confuses me how some kids get on it and are not even the best at the position they play on their own team. Too many deserving kids to mention on a list, I believe a lot of the names are due to committments to play in college ball and some I don't know how it's possible to get honorable mention. I know I sound like I am bashing the kids but I have no kid in the hunt just watch a lot of area ball and the team I watch got a kid on here and he is the worst one on that side of the ball. Just makes me wonder how they even make these selections.
[/quote]

they definetly don't watch the film from what i can tell.

Of course they don't look at film lol. Do you really expect them to look at film from the players from every high school in TX?

Here is how All-State works. Its all done by stats. The writers look at who has the best stats and combine that with who they have heard the most about and the make their pics accordingly. There are like 3 all state teams total. The most accurate in my experience has been the tswa all state list (the other are usually biased toward the dfw area). I have already said that this list is bogus.

Now chs11 if you seriously think that reed should not be on the all state list based on what you saw in 1 game then it is you who know nothing about football. You make it sound as if we were the weakest district in the state. While I agree we were weak we were no where near the weakest. There are plenty of other weak districts where players don't get those kind of stats. Reed would have started on any team in the state from 5a to 1a. That's why he has scholarships offers from a crap load of D1 schools. If that's is not deserving of all-state then I don't know what is.

BTW if we go by your logic then no one form our district including the coldspring players should be all state because our district is so weak right? Or does this just apply to the players who don't play for coldspring?

Reed would have been better in a different type of defense for sure. Give him 2 yrs at UT and they will have him proving the nay sayers wrong. I believe in the d that they played this yr he would have served better at a tackle or ILB. They did not seem to run many blitzs or stunts on the line that would have def let him show his ability more than he did. I can't remember if football has a coach's all state team. Usually those are decent.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="933408" timestamp="1292389347"]
Yes because CS best defensive back is Tevin Bryant(sp?) for sure think he is #2. Only 3 kids from SE Tx period makes me say wow period.
[/quote]

Taking nothing away from Bryant (because I think he's a really good player) calling him Coldsprings best db is debatable....Sykes lead the team in interceptions and the two safeties have done a really good job most of the year covering receivers and coming up and making tackles when needed...

However, I guess most of these type of lists are open for debate when it comes right down to it....What one writer/voter might like about one player the next may not....

As is the case with most all star teams/lists there's always going to be someone who probably should've made it....There's not room for everyone...It's just the nature of the beast...

First off, let me start by saying congrats to all these area kids who were selected to the 3a all state team, all of you are really good football players or you wouldn't have been there, don't let anyone take away from you what you've earned, most of the people on this site couldn't hold your jock, so cherish your achievement and carry it to the next level, again congratulations.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder