Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team

1696dogs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="931760" timestamp="1292164500"]
Congrads to all. I don't want to say anything negative, but I couldn't help but notice that Coach Hobbs from Legacy is the coach on the list.  Really?!
[/quote]

Gotta agree with you on that one, Soulja.  It was a class move to include Reggie Garrett, posthumously.  Another one would have been to list Curtis Barbay as Coach of the Year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="931824" timestamp="1292172282"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=77380.msg931806#msg931806 date=1292170362]
Hobbs Coach Of The Year

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Hobbs-is-Super-Gold-Coach-of-the-Year-874416.php

[/quote]Ok.  His team was 1 game from making the playoffs.  But still, at a .500 record?
[/quote]

Actually, the Enterprise needed to change the caption their old photo as Beaumont Legacy did make the playoffs.

That being said, Legacy's path to the playoffs wasn't exactly lined with world beaters.  3 teams advanced out of District IV-4 and two of the teams it was fighting for the playoffs were 2-8 Galveston O'Connell and Huntsville Alpha Omega, who forfeited it's last two games...one of them to Legacy.

True, Legacy was 0-10 last year so the improvement does warrant that Coach Hobbs be considered for the award so I can't say he is undeserving.  What I kind of have a problem with is that the Enterprise has repeatedly tried to build Coach Hobbs up by taking shots at Eric Holton by constantly mentioning him as the coach of Legacy's winless season last year.  Yes, he was the head coach so the problems are at his feet, but it isn't as if Coach Holton didn't do quite a bit of coaching himself.

He convinced a community that has been playing 11-man football for as long as I can remember to move to six-man football to preserve football there....and from what I was told, this was a HERCULEAN task that he accomplished.  He then, in a month's time, taught the young men of Chester the nuances of six-man, all the while learning them himself and put together a nine game schedule that included a Six-man Division I finalist in Throckmorton.  He then embarked on this season and lead Chester to a 4-5 mark.

Come to think of it, Coach Holton deserved some pretty strong consideration for Coach of the Year!

Congrates SuperGold Team,,Ill put you guys up aginst in All-Star Team in the State..Good List..
I personaly think Coach hooks should of got it, for holden his team togther and winning district and makeing playoffs..
but Hobbs has done some good things to,,,He's worthy of this award

Special congrate to my Jags

#95 Alfred
#8 Cantue
#15 Heard
You guys Had an Awesome year, cant wait to see you on the next level..

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="932084" timestamp="1292204339"]
;D ;D Cograts to FORD, CUCANCIC, AMAIMO, ROTH, KEENE ... good group of young men ... nice to see two members of the OLINE from Kirbyville (THE NASTY BUNCH) on the team .... you were the basis for a great ride ... Good luck in college ....
[/quote]OOPS ... Left of Little Will Tyler ... need more caffiene  ;D ;D ... Congrats

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="badndn" post="932253" timestamp="1292216251"]
Lot of really good QBs this season in SETX. Can't put them all on the team.
[/quote]

I guess Hank will have to "settle" for being the [u]2A MVP[/u]!  ;D

(Funny how a district MVP is not on this list, huh?  ::)  )

[quote name="playdefense" post="932377" timestamp="1292256570"]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

Because the 20-4a District MVP and Offensive MVP is the second team QB's, and the 21-3a Offensive MVP QB is the second team utility player. He is a little behind all three of these players

Here is your answer

[b]Reyes[/b]-2174 yards passing 19 touchdowns,,, 453 yards rushing 7 td's *includes playoffs

[b]Gonzales[/b]-2381 yards passing 21 td's,,,,597 yards rushing 11 td's

[b]Doty[/b]- 2830 yards passing 29 td's * includes playoffs
[
b]Menard[/b]- 1390 passing 15 td's,,,,,,1006 rushing 17 td's * includes playoffs

[b]Jones[/b]- 1431 yards passing 13 td's,,,,,842 yards rushing 12 td's * includes playoffs

Great Kid, and he had a great year, but so did other QB's. He is behind in the Stats.
But trust me I'm sure he will not let this stop him from having a great future

[quote name="justsaying" post="932450" timestamp="1292265785"]
If its pure stats then why isn't this one on here:

Myles Taylor -Hardin (TX) 3313 yard passing 38 touchdowns 759 rushing 4072 Total yards not including the playoffs  #11 in the state in overall passing yards #7 in Total Offensive yards...

Struggled in the Win department but still had the stats.
[/quote]

My fault I forgot to add that everyone of those players also led there team to a 7 win or better season, but you are right about Taylor.  Smaller schools do get over looked at times especially if they are not winning.

[quote name="The Old Ball Coach" post="932413" timestamp="1292260845"]
[quote author=playdefense link=topic=77380.msg932377#msg932377 date=1292256570]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

Because the 20-4a District MVP and Offensive MVP is the second team QB's, and the 21-3a Offensive MVP QB is the second team utility player. He is a little behind all three of these players

Here is your answer

[b]Reyes[/b]-2174 yards passing 19 touchdowns,,, 453 yards rushing 7 td's *includes playoffs

[b]Gonzales[/b]-2381 yards passing 21 td's,,,,597 yards rushing 11 td's

[b]Doty[/b]- 2830 yards passing 29 td's * includes playoffs
[
b]Menard[/b]- 1390 passing 15 td's,,,,,,1006 rushing 17 td's * includes playoffs

[b]Jones[/b]- 1431 yards passing 13 td's,,,,,842 yards rushing 12 td's * includes playoffs

Great Kid, and he had a great year, but so did other QB's. He is behind in the Stats.
But trust me I'm sure he will not let this stop him from having a great future
[/quote]I think Reyes had a really good year this year but to have put him above Doty and Gonzales i didnt understand. These 2 were by far the best 2 QB in the area. And if Lamar is looking for a Qb these 2 young men would have been a great place to start. Add FORD and some lineman to the already exisiting players u had on the Off and Lamar would be a force to be reconded with for years to come.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="playdefense" post="932377" timestamp="1292256570"]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

You tell 'em, PD. It would seem to me if you are a DISTRICT MVP, you should have automatic inclusion.

Hank is a FREAKIN' MONSTER, Bmt. newspaper or not!  ;D   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="932589" timestamp="1292282513"]
[quote author=playdefense link=topic=77380.msg932377#msg932377 date=1292256570]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

You tell 'em, PD. It would seem to me if you are a DISTRICT MVP, you should have automatic inclusion.

Hank is a FREAKIN' MONSTER, Bmt. newspaper or not!   ;D   
[/quote]

how would that work with this area supporting several districts? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Nice edits on the above post. 
    • That’s what they want you to believe. If the dems came up with a magical bill to end all abortion and all crime etc. etc . It still Wouldn’t pass because this nation program many to believe that the other side just don’t think different there evil and must be defeated. It works in 3rd world countries and it works here in the US. Trump had liberal beliefs so did Reagan. It’s million of democrats in the military defending freedom millions of democrats in hospitals saving lives etc. etc. don’t let American politics define a person.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up All Times Central (and hopefully correct) - (#) Regional Seed - TV will be noted below, all other games stream on ESPN+ Arranged by paired Regionals - Left Side of the Bracket (1/16 - 8/9 : 4/13 - 5/12)/ Right Side of the Bracket (2/15 - 7/10 : 3/14 - 6//11) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#1 Tennessee -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Indiana 10 - (2) Southern Miss 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Northern Kentucky 3 - (1) Tennessee 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3:  (2) Southern Miss 6 - (4) Northern Kentucky 0   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Vikings of Kentucky Eliminated) G4:  (1) Tennessee 12 - (3) Indiana 6   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5 : 11:00 AM (2) Southern Miss vs (3) Indiana (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Tennessee vs Game 5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#16 East Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Evansville 4 - (1) East Carolina 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Virginia Commonwealth 1 - (2) Wake Forest 0   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Wake Forest 6 - (1) East Carolina 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The consensus preseason #1 Demon Deacons dragged to down to Hell) G4: (4) Evansville 17 - (3) Virginia Commonwealth 11   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (1) East Carolina vs (3) Virginia Commonwealth (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (4) Evansville vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#8 Florida St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Stetson 2 - (1) Florida St. 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Central Florida 8 - (2) Bama 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Bama 0 - (4) Stetson 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Tide Eliminated)  G4: (1) Florida St. 5 - (3) Central Florida 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5 : 11:00 AM (4) Stetson vs (3) Central Florida (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Florida St. vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#9 Oklahoma -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Connecticut 4 - (2) Duke 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2:  (4) Oral Roberts 0 - (1) Oklahoma 14   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Duke 6 - (4) Oral Roberts 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Fightin' Bobs Eliminated) G4: (1) Oklahoma 1 - (3) Connecticut 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) Duke vs (1) Oklahoma (Loser Eliminated) (ESPN) G6: 8:00 PM (3) Connecticut vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   (#4 North Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Wofford 3 - (2) LSU 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Long Island 8 - (1) North Carolina 11   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Long Island 2 - (3) Wofford 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (LIU Eliminated) G4: (2) LSU 2 - (1) North Carolina 6   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (3) Wofford vs (2) LSU (Loser Eliminated) (ESPN) G6: 5:00 PM (1) North Carolina vs (1) North Carolina Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#13 Arizona -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) West Virginia 4 (2) Dallas Baptist 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Grand Canyon 9 - (1) Arizona 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Dallas Baptist 7 - (1) Arizona 0  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Wildcats Eliminated) G4: (4) Grand Canyon 2 - (3) West Virginia 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) Dallas Baptist vs (4) Grand Canyon (Loser Eliminated) G6: 7:00 PM (3) West Virginia vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#5 Arkansas -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Southeast Missouri 9 - (1) Arkansas 17   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   7:00 PM (3) K-State 9 - (2) la tech 4 ( This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Saturday June 1st G2: (3) K-State 19 - (2) la tech 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (Resumption of suspended game) G3: (2) la tech 3 - (4) Southeast Missouri 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (Louisiana tards Eliminated) G4: (1) Arkansas 6 - (3) K-State 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 1:00 PM (1) Arkansas vs (4) Southeast Missouri (Loser Eliminated) G6: 6:00 PM (3) K-State vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#12 Virginia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Penn 2 - (1) Virginia 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) St. John's 2 - (2) Mississippi St. 5 (10)  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Penn 9 - (3) St. John's 10 (12)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Quakers Eliminated) G4: (2) Mississippi St. 4 - (1) Virginia 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) Mississippi St. vs (3) St. John's (Loser Eliminated) (ESPN2) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Virginia vs Game 5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) ________________________________________________________________________________________ This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#2 Kentucky -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Western Michigan 8 - (1) Kentucky 10   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Illinois 4 - (2) Indiana St. 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Indiana St. 6 - (4) Western Michigan 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Broncs are Eliminated) G4: (1) Kentucky 6 - (3) Illinois 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) Indiana St.vs (3) Illinois (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Kentucky vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#15 Oregon St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Nicholls St. 12 - (2) California-Irvine 13   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Tulane 4 - (1) Oregon St. 10   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Tulane 3 - (3) Nicholls St. 0   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Colonels Eliminated) G4: (2) California-Irvine 3 - (1) Oregon St. 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) California-Irvine vs (4) Tulane (Loser Eliminate) G6: 8:00 PM (1) Oregon St.vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#7 Georgia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Army 7 - (1) Georgia 8   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Georgia Tech 0 - (2) North Carolina-Wilmington 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3:  (4) Army 2 - (3) Georgia Tech 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Black Knights Eliminated) G4:  (2) North Carolina-Wilmington 2 -(1) Georgia 11   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) North Carolina-Wilmington vs (3) Georgia Tech (Loser Eliminated) (ACC Network) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Georgia vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#10 North Carolina St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) James Madison 7 - (2) South Carolina 8 (10)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Bryant 2 - (1) North Carolina St. 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Bryant 1 - (3) James Madison 8   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (Bryant Bulldogs Eliminated) G4: (2) South Carolina 4 - (1) North Carolina St. 6  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) South Carolina vs (3) James Madison (Loser Eliminated) (ESPNU) G6: 5:00 PM (1) North Carolina St. vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#3 Fightin' Texas Aggies -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Grambling 0 - (1) Fightin' Texas Aggies 8   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) t.u. 12 - (2) ULaLa 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) ULaLa 12 - (4) Grambling 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Tigers Eliminated) G4: (1) Fightin' Texas Aggies 4 - (3) t.u. 2 (11)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) ULaLa vs (3) t.u. (ESPN2) G6: 7:00 PM (1) Fightin' Texas Aggies vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (#14 California- Santa Barbara -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31 G1: (2) San Diego (3) Oregon 5 - (2) San Diego 4 (11)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Fresno St. 6 - (1) California-Santa Barbara 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3:  (2) San Diego 7 - (4) Fresno St. 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (Fresno St. Eliminated) G4:  (1) California-Santa Barbara 1 - (3) Oregon 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) San Diego vs (1) California-Santa Barbara (Loser Eliminate) (ESPNU) G6: 8:00 PM (3) Oregon vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#6 Clemson -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Coastal Carolina 13 - (2) Vandy 3   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (SEC Network) G2: (4) High Point 3 - (1) Clemson 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Vandy 9 - (4) High Point 10   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (VandyBoys are Eliminated) G4: (1) Clemson 4 - (3) Coastal Carolina 3   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (4) High Point vs (3) Coastal Carolina (Loser Eliminate) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Clemson vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#11 Okie State -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Florida 5 - (2) Nebraska 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Niagara 7 - (1) Okie State 19   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Nebraska 7 - (4) Niagara 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Purple Eagles Eliminated) G4: (1) Okie State 7 - (3) Florida 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 1:00 PM (2) Nebraska vs (3) Florida (Loser Eliminated) (SEC Network) G6: 6:00 PM (1) Okie State vs Game 5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary
    • The way they are talking sounds like they were from Beaumont.
    • I don't really like it but depending on how the brackets play out it could possibly help Woodville win a playoff game or 2 
  • Topics