19-4A all district

hitman009

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="B.M.F." post="926196" timestamp="1291503439"]
It is a dynasty. How many teams in all of Texas can claim 15 years straight.  Don't doubt the ability of Coach Jerry Stewart. They need to name the field after him now. The man seriously put Dayton on the map.
[/quote]
I will second that. Went to the 8th grade basketball game a Stewart was right there talking to all the kids. They love him and all wanna be Broncos ;D

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="926231" timestamp="1291504609"]
Sorry, I have nothin aginst the broncos and have been to many of thier playoff games, but they are not a dynasty. Teams that's win multiple state championships in a decade are dynasties. Dayton has a great program and a great coach, but won't be a dynasty until they win multiple championships.
[/quote]

I would not call Dayton a dynasty but they are the most consistent football program in 19-4A for the last 15 yrs hands down. NOBODY wants to see dem BRONX on the field ;D

A lot of people who haven't actually played for Coach Stewart, don't understand how good of a coach he actually is! Every year we play to be honest were never the biggest, fastest, or strongest overall team on the field. Dayton is a very well coached program. Coach gets every bit of talent out of the 11 men he has on the field. The comment B.M.F made about Coach Stewart putting Dayton on the map is completely true. Basically we were a joke before this man arrived. Soo I would say when he decides to retire Jerry Stewart Statue at the least, and I would even second the motion for Jerry Stewart Stadium Booooooooooom!!!

[quote name="bronco4life" post="926244" timestamp="1291505458"]
A lot of people who haven't actually played for Coach Stewart, don't understand how good of a coach he actually is! Every year we play to be honest were never the biggest, fastest, or strongest overall team on the field. Dayton is a very well coached program. Coach gets every bit of talent out of the 11 men he has on the field. The comment B.M.F made about Coach Stewart putting Dayton on the map is completely true. Basically we were a joke before this man arrived. Soo I would say when he decides to retire Jerry Stewart Statue at the least, and I would even second the motion for Jerry Stewart Stadium Booooooooooom!!!
[/quote]I don't know about Dayton being a joke. Dayton has all ways had a good football team. I think a few years in between stewart and hughes they were not good, but that was about the only time i can remember not winning or competing for the district title.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="923529" timestamp="1291224383"]
Off Player of the Year-n break Jakari Delasober, Dayton? Thats a joke kid didn't even a 1000 yards of offense it's official theirs some jealousy in this district. For 2 years the best player on the field has been Merka period, and 2 years he hasn't go the recognition he deserves, hay but it's ok when he's killing the Big East on Saturday's all will be forgiven.
[/quote]That want be hard. Big East is a joke.

Big east might be a joke but atleast merka will be PLAYING D1 FBS football. Which dayton players from this years team are gonna be doin that? Get off Merka he is the best football player in the district that's why he has a scholarship to TCU. We can argue all day who should have won mvp. Fact is it don't really matter. Merka won't even remember this after they are winnig BCS bowls at TCU.

[quote name="B.M.F." post="926580" timestamp="1291523508"]
Dayton was 7-49 before Coach Stewart got there.
[/quote]Like i said in between hughes and stewart they did have a slump.89-90 played in playoffs against ce king. 90-91 only lost 1 district game, co-district champs, so those two years alone under hughes was better than 7-49.

I will point out thier are certian district in Texas that Dayton would be the 3rd or 4th team this year... 24-4a, Brenham/Montgomery district (granted i think they'd be third because everyone else blows), the Brownwood district, thiers others aswell just pointing out closer ones.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="926814" timestamp="1291577927"]
I will point out thier are certian district in Texas that Dayton would be the 3rd or 4th team this year... 24-4a, Brenham/Montgomery district (granted i think they'd be third because everyone else blows), the Brownwood district, thiers others aswell just pointing out closer ones.
[/quote]
That is true Goobtalk but this thread is about 19-4A and Dayton is king. Its not Dayton's fault that the other schools in the district cant play at the same consistent level as Dayton.  ;D I can tell you that in those other districts Dayton would not lose (42-3) / (54-0) and would compete in every game. ;)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="926814" timestamp="1291577927"]
[/quote]

a:  what does that have to do with anything on this thread
b:  I agree that Merka is a special kid and wish him the best @ TCU
c:  Merka and the GP kid had the benefit of playing more than 3 quarters a game to pad stats

and

d:  Scoreboard

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="927215" timestamp="1291602000"]
[quote author=B.M.F. link=topic=76796.msg926224#msg926224 date=1291504243]
Then let's make it happen. Bronco stadium but Stewart Field. I got a thousand to put down for a bronze statue or bust of Coach Stewart.
[/quote]

x2
[/quote]

Largest waste of Bronze  in Human history.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86